You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-10-13] Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result after 90 minutes?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Ireland win
No votes
Draw
14%
Germany win
86%

Total votes : 7

[2007-10-13] Ireland vs Germany

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:36 pm

In the next European qualifier game Germany will play away to Ireland. Last time they played, Germany was the winner with Podolski’s goal. If Germany wins this game they are through to the 2008 finals.
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:56 am

Frings, Borowski return but Klose, Ballack still absent from German squad

FRANKFURT, Germany - Werder Bremen midfielders Torsten Frings and Tim Borowski are back in Germany's squad for the upcoming European Championship qualifiers against Ireland and the Czech Republic, but striker Miroslav Klose and captain Michael Ballack are still missing through injury.

Klose has re-injured his right knee and Ballack is still recovering from an ankle operation. The Chelsea midfielder has not played since April. Klose leads the Bundesliga with eight goals for Bayern Munich. Stefan Kiessling of Bayer Leverkusen takes his place.

Also missing are defenders Philipp Lahm of Bayern Munich and Christian Pander of Schalke and Stuttgart midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger.

Frings and Borowski return after missing the start of the season with knee injuries. Also back is Werder defender Clemens Fritz.

"I know that they can't be in top form yet but I wanted to have them with the team again," coach Joachim Loew said Friday. "Torsten is one of our leaders, he's been irreplaceable for years."

Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez is also back in the 22-man roster announced by Loew on Friday. Gomez missed last month's qualifier against Wales and the friendly against Romania.

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is in the squad although he hasn't played for more than a month because of an elbow injury.

Germany leads Group D with 22 points from eight games. The Czechs have 20 points from nine games and Ireland 14, also from nine games.

The Germans play in Dublin on Oct. 13 and then return to home to play the Czech Republic in Munich four days later.

"We are confident enough that we'll take the one point we need (to qualify) from Dublin. We want to make sure of qualifying as early as possible so that we can start planning for the tournament," Loew said.

Germany

Goalkeepers: Timo Hildebrand (Valencia), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal)

Defenders: Gonzalo Castro (Bayer Leverkusen), Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Manuel Friedrich (Bayer Leverkusen), Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), Marcell Jansen (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Roberto Hilbert (Stuttgart), David Odonkor (Betis Sevilla), Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV)

Forwards: Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Patrick Helmes (Cologne), Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen), Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke 04), Lukas Podolski (Bayern Munich)
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 am

Germany 2-1
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:41 pm

1st half Germany played awfull, what did Low do? Germany are starting to play like England, just possesion ball, what ever happend to the attacking german style? Schweini got subbed off due to head injury(which imo he could have continued playing) Rolfes replaced him.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:45 pm

FT 0-0 Podolski should start the next game and Lehmann is suspended.

SNAKE

Edited to correct the spelling of Lehmann.
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Though I would rather have seen Germany win the game, they only needed a point to qualify and they got it. They are the first team to be booked for the trip to Euro tournament in Austria/Switzerland. Not bad. Not bad at all. Plus, Germany is only one of a few teams that have not register a lost. WOW!! That is pretty impressive.

BTW...If you don't like a player then that is fine. However, be an adult and still call the player their birth name. It isn't that hard to do and it won't hurt you.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:35 am

Yea impressive that they qualified but they way they played tonight wasnt, Metzelder,Mertesacker,Podolski and Jansen were the only players who were doing their best. Trochowski,Kuranyi and Fritz didnt play their best.

BTW....quit being so annoying about everything tracy, Mutu is annoying already, the forum doesnt need another cop editing posts just because I type LehMANN.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:25 am

Snake, Mark has created a forum where everyone can freely talk about Bayern. All that he ask for was for all members to follow the guidelines. One guideline was to show respect whether you like someone or not. I know that he has stated to you before about spelling Lehmann's name correctly. That is all that he has asked of you, and yet, you can not seem to respect his guideline. If we seem to be cops, well, that is a job of a moderator...to correct and edit posts. Sorry, but if it's annoying then I guess you have a problem.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:30 am

Well I doubt that you can talk freely here, thats for sure and the only thing that I have a problem with is: Annoying kids like you and mark acting all big and cocky behind a computer, trying to inforce the "law" you yourselfs created, like who gives a damn if I say lamemann or lehmann or whatever, its not like Beckenbauer,Hoeness,Rumenigge or Jens is gonna see what the hell im writing, jeez. 1) You guys need to chill, 2) Quit acting like lame cops 3) Quit taking Internet so damn serious. I dont see fa and FanofBayern delete or edit peoples posts and also there was no need to inforce the law against the Bolton fans, its not like they insulted us or anything, its not everyday other respected fans chat with us here, all they were was just heating things up a bit with a little friendly debate and you had to show up and starting stirrin up crap about their spelling......get a cold shower and chill out. Btw tracy....the avatar describes you a lot.......you're 1 annoying girl and mark is no better.

Also, Im gonna bet that, just because you dont like this post, cause its rather offensive, you are gonna delete it right? and what else? you're gonna give me another negative vote? like I give a hell about it.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Wow, this thread started out nicely and now has turned into something nasty because someone doesn't want to follow the rules that Mark has created. BTW.. Snake, how do you know that the other moderators have not deleted posts? I know for a fact that they have deleted posts. You just make an assumption about who does what on this board without knowing any facts. Mark had asked me to be a moderator and told me what I am supposed to do and that is what I am doing. Secondly, I've never given you a vote so what are you talking about? And why would I? Thirdly, if you have a problem with the rules of the board then you don't have to stay. nNone is forcing you to stay and post. You're doing it on your own free will. Finally, out of all the boards out there and all the football fans who either love or hate Lehmann, you are the only one that can not call him by his name. That is all that was being asked of you. Period. Talk about us acting like kids. Perhaps you need to act your age. Prince once sang that one needs to act their age and not their shoe size.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Return to German National Team