You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-06-13] Gibraltar vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Gibraltar will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2015-06-13] Gibraltar vs Germany

Postby RB624 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Referees' Assistants should be taught to err on the side of the attacking team. Allowing a goal when someone is slightly offside is 10x better than disallowing a goal when someone is onside. The football powers should tell the linesmen to only call offside when they clearly see space between the attacker and the last defender. If they don't see air between them, don't call it. That would make the sport so much better.

This is especially true when you take into account how difficult it is for a linesman to determine offside. He literally has to be looking two places at once. We have the advantage of seeing the play from an elevated view and seeing it slowed down. If you and I have to look at it like that in order to see if the player was offside, then how can anyone expect a linesman to see it from ground level in real time? FIFA should really address that, and like I said, make a mandate that offside will only be called if the linesman is 100% sure.

That being said, many of the calls blown by the linesman on Saturday were not so difficult. He was just poor, either deliberately or due to his ineptitude.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to German National Team