You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-06-10] Germany vs USA

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Germany will win
64%
It will end in a draw
7%
United States will win
29%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2015-06-10] Germany vs USA

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 pm

I think retirement concerns when it comes to Hummels and Boa are a bit premature.
GER have always been awful at friendlies. The surprise for me was that we actually played a quite good 1st half.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 pm

This was also a 'C' team from Germany (not that the US had their 'A' team). A pretty standard friendly performance from Deutschland in the end.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Machiavellico » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Reinhart wrote:Let's just hope the way Germany plays in friendlies is not indicative of how they perform when it matters in tournaments. I know it was experimental but not very hopeful of the backline when Hummels and Boateng retire at the moment.

Considering both of them have at least 5 years ahead of them, I am. I see in Stark and Süle very capable replacements for the two.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Rauntšik » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Zieler is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RB624 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:At this rate(due to all these emberessing defeats in friendlies) by the start of the euros Germany wont be ranked#1 anymore!!!

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

I think they'll lose the top spot come July's rankings.

The Copa America, which offers South American teams a chance to seriously increase their point totals, starts this weekend. This past week in friendlies, Argentina(#3) beat Bolivia, Colombia(#4) beat Costa Rica, and Brazil(#5) beat Mexico, so already they earned more points this week than Germany.

Of course Germany will beat Gibraltar in the Euro qualifier, which is weighted at 2.5x compared to a friendly, but the "strength of opposing team" part of the equation is very low for that match. In fact, since Gibraltar isn't part of FIFA, I don't think Germany will earn any points at all for beating them.

But regardless of that, the Copa America matches are "Confederation-level final competition" matches, which are worth 3x more than a friendly. So if any one of those three teams I mentioned wins the tournament (and most likely one of them will), then Germany may lose the top spot by July.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:06 am

Why do people always knock the USMNT, I mean those days are over seeing them as a laughing stock underdog team. Nowadays they are a team to be reckoned with and they are improving greatly on every level infrastructure, system, scouting and such. Plus I think Klinsmann is a great hippy coach!
Anyway USA always takes these games more seriously
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MatZam » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:36 am

I didn't see the game, but a 2-1 loss (or any loss for that matter) is no real reason to panic. Germany never does well at friendlies, it's an accepted fact, and they were playing with a C-team of players who have just finished a season and are looking forward to nothing but a few weeks in some far-flung corner of the globe. The USA set out to claim a big scalp, and kudos to them for doing it, but I very much doubt any of the German coaching staff or players are worried.

And the drop from 1st place? So what? It's the big gold trophy that determines who are the best, not 1st place in a ranking that has Belgium as second for crying out loud...
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 am

Standard German friendly. The only one I can remember them really putting a performance on for was Armenia just before they left for Brazil :coffee:
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:24 pm

RB624 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:But regardless of that, the Copa America matches are "Confederation-level final competition" matches, which are worth 3x more than a friendly. So if any one of those three teams I mentioned wins the tournament (and most likely one of them will), then Germany may lose the top spot by July.

But the points earned by each CONMEBOL team in the Copa America that starts the current cycle are coming off as well. Any team that wants to add points has to do better than the previous time.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Normally the teams relax too much after winning a World Cup, but it is time for Germany to get back to their best level, because if they still performing like this, then there will be reason to start get panic.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Rauntšik wrote:Zieler is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I don't know why Leno didn't play for this game. With Neuer and Ter Stegen as the two first goalkeepers, the third one must be Leno. Forget about Zieler and the old future retire Weidenfeller :?
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:

I don't know why Leno didn't play for this game. With Neuer and Ter Stegen as the two first goalkeepers, the third one must be Leno. Forget about Zieler and the old future retire Weidenfeller :?

Leno, Horn, and MAtS are all with the U-21 right now
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby albanian7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:26 pm

nm462272 wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:

Leno, Horn, and MAtS are all with the U-21 right now

Germany U21 may be the only U21 team on earth where choosing between three exceptional goalkeepers is a struggle. I don't see a problem with "upgrading" MAtS to the senior team though, at least when Neuer needs a rest. If he can be "GK of the season" when playing against PSG/Man City/Bayern/Juve, I don't think he'll have a problem against Gilbratar or the like.
Leno will do a fine job for the U21 team
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RB624 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Jorge wrote:
RB624 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:But regardless of that, the Copa America matches are "Confederation-level final competition" matches, which are worth 3x more than a friendly. So if any one of those three teams I mentioned wins the tournament (and most likely one of them will), then Germany may lose the top spot by July.

But the points earned by each CONMEBOL team in the Copa America that starts the current cycle are coming off as well. Any team that wants to add points has to do better than the previous time.

But those 2011 Copa America matches already have lessened significance mathematically. I believe one win now is worth three or four from 2011.

This page http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ ... index.html has a prognosis tool way down at the bottom, where you can plug in any team and see how their last matches will effect their point total. Unfortunately I can't make total sense of it. For instance, it says Brazil got 491 points against Mexico in a friendly, 347 against Honduras in a friendly, 1251 against Peru in CA, 0 against Colombia in CA, and 384 against Venezuela in CA. I understand those calculations, but then it says "current points 1392" (which is from June's ranking), and "possible ranking points 1143". I don't know what they mean by "possible ranking points".
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to German National Team