You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-02-07] Germany vs Switzerland

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Who will win the game between Germany & Switzerland?

A) Germany will win
73%
B) Draw
18%
C) Switzerland will win
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:43 pm

Paddy wrote:
You gotta be kidding me... Why not go to Barca then? It´s because he Chelsea offered him the biggest paycheck. He isn´t a loyal player. He knew he wouldn´t play anywhere as good in Chelsea as he did in Bayern cause of Lampard being very similar player to him. Lampard can´t play good with similiar players. Just look at England where you have Gerarrd and him. Every player that went to Chelsea during Abramovic era is a cash grabber.

Again...a silly reason...why not Barca??...maybe they didnt need him...Don't give opinions as if you know what all offers he had....

He has every right to choose the best offer he had on his plate...I just gave you the reason why he left Bayern....and not why he joined Chelsea instead of other clubs.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:49 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
Paddy wrote:
You gotta be kidding me... Why not go to Barca then? It´s because he Chelsea offered him the biggest paycheck. He isn´t a loyal player. He knew he wouldn´t play anywhere as good in Chelsea as he did in Bayern cause of Lampard being very similar player to him. Lampard can´t play good with similiar players. Just look at England where you have Gerarrd and him. Every player that went to Chelsea during Abramovic era is a cash grabber.

Again...a silly reason...why not Barca??...maybe they didnt need him...Don't give opinions as if you know what all offers he had....

He has every right to choose the best offer he had on his plate...I just gave you the reason why he left Bayern....and not why he joined Chelsea instead of other clubs.

As far as I know Barca, Man utd, Real and Chelsea were interested.

And Chelsea, needs him? :lol: I´d say Barca needs him more. I mean he is far better than Deco.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:59 pm

To be honest, even if he did specifically admit it that he left Bayern for money (which is not really the case since Bayern offered him a salary comparable to Chelsea's), it is not a valid reason for wishing injuries to players, especially not influential ex-Bayern players.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:28 pm

It´s not that he left so much, but the way he left. He kept Bayern in dark, when he should be truthful about his future. And also he is way overrated in German international team. Germany played better without him at WC.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:55 pm

Paddy wrote:It´s not that he left so much, but the way he left. He kept Bayern in dark, when he should be truthful about his future. And also he is way overrated in German international team. Germany played better without him at WC.

That is crap again. He didn't keep the board in dark. Board projected the situation like that because they wanted to prepare the fans for his exit and turn them against him(you are among those who took the bait..:P )

He was one of the best players in the tournament. He got stability to the team. The difference was damn clear when he played (compare the games he played with the one against coasta rica)...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
Paddy wrote:It´s not that he left so much, but the way he left. He kept Bayern in dark, when he should be truthful about his future. And also he is way overrated in German international team. Germany played better without him at WC.

That is crap again. He didn't keep the board in dark. Board projected the situation like that because they wanted to prepare the fans for his exit and turn them against him(you are among those who took the bait..:P )

He was one of the best players in the tournament. He got stability to the team. The difference was damn clear when he played (compare the games he played with the one against coasta rica)...

Germany - Portugal maybe?

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:05 pm

Paddy wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Germany - Portugal was one of the sloppiest games of the tournament. Just because Schweini scored 2 good goals doesn't mean that we played well.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:10 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
Paddy wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Germany - Portugal was one of the sloppiest games of the tournament. Just because Schweini scored 2 good goals doesn't mean that we played well.

It was certnaily better that the one against Italy and Argentina.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:55 am

This is getting off-topic now. The past is the past, let's move on, and let's not be bitter on what happened. Let's think about the present and the future.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:39 pm

I guess Ballack was a good-player for Bayern but he`s not unreplaceable! :P
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Well what you call this? I mean without him Bayern plays like crap.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:32 am

Here is an interview about the game.

Joachim Löw: Boost for our confidence

Bundestrainer Joachim Löw
The Mannschaft has beaten Switzerland 3:1 on Wednesday, February 7. German national coach Joachim Löw was satisfied with his team’s performance in the first game of the year.

Question: Joachim Löw, how do you rate the game against Switzerland?

Joachim Löw: I’m more than satisfied. We really wanted to continue the progress we’d started in 2006. Tactical behaviour was fine, we also put up a good fight. From the beginning, we tried to dictate the tempo. In noticed a slight drop-off for the final 20 minutes, but overall, I feel satisfied.

Question: How did you see the performance of the new tandem on the forward-position, Kevin Kuranyi and newcomer Mario Gomez?

Löw: They both played well, not only because of their goals. They were highly motivated. What a great feeling for a coach, when you have young forwards, who push the established players.

Question: Does this pair have a chance to play in Prague on March 24? Or will we see the return of Lukas Podolski?

Löw: We have a few weeks to kick this question around, but then, Lukas has really solidified his position as a starter, regardless of his situation at Bayern München.

Question: Your team is unbeaten in the last seven games. The string includes six wins. Do you foresee the danger of your team being overconfident for the important game in Prague.

Löw: No chance. In all my individiual talks with the players, I have not detected any sign of that. But the win against Switzerland gives us another boost to our confindence.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:54 pm

tracylynn wrote:Question: Your team is unbeaten in the last seven games. The string includes six wins. Do you foresee the danger of your team being overconfident for the important game in Prague.

Löw: No chance. In all my individiual talks with the players, I have not detected any sign of that. But the win against Switzerland gives us another boost to our confindence.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!......We need only confidence...not even a pinch of overconfidence....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Previous

Return to German National Team