You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-16] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sweden will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: [2012-10-16] Germany vs Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 pm

But I think Götze is not with the NT in this game
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernLove » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm

He isn't, but training was alright thankfully!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Element wrote:
tflags wrote:I hate Reus. His lightweight frame allows him to pass through the CBs like a Henckels knife on melting butter. Then he has this way of running with a perfect balanced torso, not too forward á la Gómez, nor laid back like Götze. And if that wasn't good enough, he has this rotational feet he uses to shoot 180 degree cannonballs at will. Damn 18 million was a freaking bargain.

100% correct
His body composition and way of running is unique which gives him a huge advantage (thomas muellers body is also different in a way)

But the best thing about reus is his shooting technique
His feet can rotate 360 degrees not 180 :P
His shots are impossible and yes 18 millions are a bargain

YlonenXabi wrote:Reus is just too good. I've been following since his first days in Gladbach but I never thought he was going to reach this level.He is world class for sure and the guy keeps improving every game

Reus, Götze and Schürrle have that electric speed that I love in attacking players. A joy to watch =P~

On the other hand I've always wanted Müller as a starter for the NT since the World Cup but I wouldn't mind to see an attacking trio with Reus, Özil and Götze behind the striker. Of course I'd love to see Reus or Schürrle as ST, but that doesn't seem realistic at all at the moment

He is absolutely magnificent... what I really really like about him is his tactical awareness... he is tactically perfect IMO, at least from an attacking point of view...

>>> Element: remember when you said "WE DON'T NEED HIM"???? Shame on you! :P :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

Anyway.... Almost everyone thinks that 18M was a bargain now...
Well... How about we sign him for 35M next season... before everyone thinks "It was a bargain, but we missed it"??? :lol:

Well... According to [urlhttp://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/marco-reus-t6598-360.html#p188863]A report on TZ[/url], he has a 35M release clause.... what do you think now, guys? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:12 am

dambun wrote:he has a 35M release clause.... what do you think now, guys?

I am sure Dortmund would give us twice the hell we got from Bilbao this summer :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 am

dambun wrote:
Element wrote:
tflags wrote:I hate Reus. His lightweight frame allows him to pass through the CBs like a Henckels knife on melting butter. Then he has this way of running with a perfect balanced torso, not too forward á la Gómez, nor laid back like Götze. And if that wasn't good enough, he has this rotational feet he uses to shoot 180 degree cannonballs at will. Damn 18 million was a freaking bargain.

100% correct
His body composition and way of running is unique which gives him a huge advantage (thomas muellers body is also different in a way)

But the best thing about reus is his shooting technique
His feet can rotate 360 degrees not 180 :P
His shots are impossible and yes 18 millions are a bargain

YlonenXabi wrote:Reus is just too good. I've been following since his first days in Gladbach but I never thought he was going to reach this level.He is world class for sure and the guy keeps improving every game

Reus, Götze and Schürrle have that electric speed that I love in attacking players. A joy to watch =P~

On the other hand I've always wanted Müller as a starter for the NT since the World Cup but I wouldn't mind to see an attacking trio with Reus, Özil and Götze behind the striker. Of course I'd love to see Reus or Schürrle as ST, but that doesn't seem realistic at all at the moment

He is absolutely magnificent... what I really really like about him is his tactical awareness... he is tactically perfect IMO, at least from an attacking point of view...

>>> Element: remember when you said "WE DON'T NEED HIM"???? Shame on you! :P :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

Anyway.... Almost everyone thinks that 18M was a bargain now...
Well... How about we sign him for 35M next season... before everyone thinks "It was a bargain, but we missed it"??? :lol:

Well... According to [urlhttp://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/marco-reus-t6598-360.html#p188863]A report on TZ[/url], he has a 35M release clause.... what do you think now, guys? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THIS MARCO REUS is needed by every club
I just love the way he shoots the ball especially around the edge of the box
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:15 pm

I invite many here to go back and read the Robben and Reus transfer threads. For me there is no comparison, Reus can even get better while we all know Robben will always be Robben. He can change the outcome of a game (or a season) for good AND/OR for bad. The thought was to sell Robben and buy Reus (paying his release plus a good salary that Dortmund could not match) and Bayern would have broken even or would have made money. For sure there was a player there for the next 10 years, with Robben you have the feeling that at any moment you do not have that player (injuries, locker room drama, selfishness, etc)

Back to Reus, can someone imagine that Dortmund youth coach that advised the club to get rid of Reus in 2006 (when he was 16) because Reus "was too weak and would never make it in football". They let him go for free to then buy him back for 18M, they can find some consolation on the fact that his price can go over 40-50M in a couple of years easily. But one word from that coach costed the club millions of dollars.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 pm

But one word from that coach costed the club millions of dollars.

I reckon getting Hummels from us was a good consolation prize though...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 am

Jorge wrote:Back to Reus, can someone imagine that Dortmund youth coach that advised the club to get rid of Reus in 2006 (when he was 16) because Reus "was too weak and would never make it in football".

Probably this coach was fan of Carsten Jancker, lol. I guess the same coach would have thrown away Lahm (or even Messi) for his height/body type :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 am

Well, we had a coach which wanted to get rid of Gomez as well... And who successfully got rid of van Bommel and Lucio, so I am really not surprised :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am

I'd like to see this lineup for this game:

I haven't seen anything special from Schmelzer yet, so I always want to give him a new chance just because of the fact that he's the only natural LB we have at the moment :P He's been slightly improving, so let's see how he fares against a tough opposition tonight. Otherwise, I'd shift Lahm to LB and have Boateng at RB.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 am

MoFattal wrote:I'd like to see this lineup for this game:

Nice... But still missing that opponent's midfield extaminator, our guys can't do it, specially Kroos. We saw what happen against Italy in semi-final.

Podolski totally above... Interesting, I would like to see him can he still be clinical as he was in the past when he played forward.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm

FCB general wrote:Nice... But still missing that opponent's midfield extaminator, our guys can't do it, specially Kroos. We saw what happen against Italy in semi-final.

Against a strong midfield, I also wouldn't use Kroos in CM. But, Sweden doesn't have that strong of a midfield that would require a "destroyer". Bastian can do the job pretty nicely.

FCB general wrote:Podolski totally above... Interesting, I would like to see him can he still be clinical as he was in the past when he played forward.

Well, he might well be one of the very few striking options (besides Gomez. Klose might be a question mark) we'll have comes WC2014.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 pm

FCB general wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I'd like to see this lineup for this game:

Nice... But still missing that opponent's midfield extaminator, our guys can't do it, specially Kroos. We saw what happen against Italy in semi-final.

Podolski totally above... Interesting, I would like to see him can he still be clinical as he was in the past when he played forward.

I watched Sweden against Faroe Islands last Friday (LOL , what a way of torturing myself) and if the Islands are able to keep Sweden in its toes for 90 minutes a Germany midfield with Kroos is just fine. Kroos is excellent on ball retention, distribution and long range shooting, actually better than Khedira in these things, he is just not a good tackler and he will struggle against team like Italy but he can put up a show against Sweden with Bastian guarding his back.

I imagine the idea of Podolski playing as a No.9 is that Reus and MUller will open a lot of space operating on the wings for the penetrating passes of Ozil, Kroos and Bastian, then Podolski can have time to pull the trigger. Otherwise Podolski in high traffic is not good.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Das Erste will broadcast the match :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 pm

For USA viewers Univision Deportes will have the match live in HD while ESPN3 will stream also live for internet providers associated with ESPN at no extra cost.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team