You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-07-07] Germany vs. Spain (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Who will go to the World Cup 2010 Final?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 am

Germany
95%
Spain
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2010-07-07] Germany vs. Spain (WC2010)

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:20 am

Guys, it's completely understandable to be upset over another loss in the semi-finals BUT let me remind some of you who are still pissed off of a few things.

Die Mannschaft played this WC2010 with the second youngest team and Germany's youngest side in about 50 years.

They played without Enke (RIP), Ballack, Adler, Rolfes & Westermann. Once the WC2010 got under way they also lost Cacau to injury. And with all of that working against them Die Mannschaft were number one in what I still believe was the true "group of death".

They beat England 4-1 & Argentina 4-0.

Did they lose, as in 2006, to the eventual WC champion? We'll find out soon enough.

Bottom line is they played beautiful football and beat some very good quality teams.

Klose still has a chance to become the all-time leading scorer, Schweini proved beyond any doubt that he is the best CDM in the world, Muller became a world-class star, Lahm was a class captain and Ozil, Neuer and Friedrich showed how strong they are as well.

They played like a team, a world-class team and no one should forget that.

Yes, of course I am disappointed but I have never been so proud of a German National team and I have been around since Gerd Muller & Beckenbauer were our stars.

I will wear my black away jersey with pride for many years and remember this WC2010 as one of Germany's best showings, even if they didn't raise the cup as champions.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KAHN » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 am

nur4bayern wrote:Guys, it's completely understandable to be upset over another loss in the semi-finals BUT let me remind some of you who are still pissed off of a few things.

Die Mannschaft played this WC2010 with the second youngest team and Germany's youngest side in about 50 years.

They played without Enke (RIP), Ballack, Adler, Rolfes & Westermann. Once the WC2010 got under way they also lost Cacau to injury. And with all of that working against them Die Mannschaft were number one in what I still believe was the true "group of death".

They beat England 4-1 & Argentina 4-0.

Did they lose, as in 2006, to the eventual WC champion? We'll find out soon enough.

Bottom line is they played beautiful football and beat some very good quality teams.

Klose still has a chance to become the all-time leading scorer, Schweini proved beyond any doubt that he is the best CDM in the world, Muller became a world-class star, Lahm was a class captain and Ozil, Neuer and Friedrich showed how strong they are as well.

They played like a team, a world-class team and no one should forget that.

Yes, of course I am disappointed but I have never been so proud of a German National team and I have been around since Gerd Muller & Beckenbauer were our stars.

I will wear my black away jersey with pride for many years and remember this WC2010 as one of Germany's best showings, even if they didn't raise the cup as champions.

Everything you said is true. We know Germany is world-class team. But we are not Holland and our goal is not to play most attractive football in the tournament, but to win it. And we didn't win since 1990. It is better to win and then next time lose in the group stage and so on, then to be so close in every tournament and lose just one crucial game. My hart can't take that.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 am

KAHN wrote:Everything you said is true. We know Germany is world-class team. But we are not Holland and our goal is not to play most attractive football in the tournament, but to win it. And we didn't win since 1990. It is better to win and then next time lose in the group stage and so on, then to be so close in every tournament and lose just one crucial game. My hart can't take that.

I know how you feel and I agree with your comment that Germany goes into every tournament with the goal of winning it all, that's what great teams do and that's why Germany are always in the thick of things. However, there were so many things going against Die Mannschaft this time I am amazed they made it this far, especially against teams that were ranked above them. I will tell you this and you can hold me to it...Germany will win WC2014 in Brazil. That's how confident I am in our young players.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby armbrust » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:19 am

The team had a decent wc, but for germany anything else than winning the word cup its a fail.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 am

nur4bayern wrote:Germany will win WC2014 in Brazil. That's how confident I am in our young players.

That should be a great WC. This team will be in its peak by then, and possibly we might have even more young talents in the squad. And, well, it'll be held in Brazil, and Brazil at home will be very difficult to overcome. Revenge for 2002? Maybe.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:15 am

Spain played a bit better than us, but they were extremely lucky scoring a goal with Puyol's header while a minute earlier Saint Iger saved them.

They had 13 shots but most of them had no luck (only 5 shots on goal while we had 2). Sadly in the game we needed Muller the most to kill them in a counter-attack he couldn't play. Spain so far were just an average team, a shadow of Euro 2008 and they were very lucky in the tournament so far winning almost all the times with a mere 1-0.

At least this was a great WC for our team, and we are the only NT that has a presence in the semis in 3 WC in a row.
I hope Klose scores twice in the game for the 3rd place to complete the 3rd entry in WC history (1. England worst defeat in WC, 2. Argentina second worst defeat).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 am

Before the gmae i had a feeling that we are not going to make it to the final , as the Great and dominant team never makes it

and when they scored , i told my brother that it is oging to end 1-0 , and when Gomiss went in , i lost hope

Spain had control of the ball , they did not want to score , they kept the ball so that we Dont do anything with it

Our players were Cowards offensively , but courage Defensively (Schweinsteiger's Defense was SICK , Friedrich also did good stuff)

We Totally missed Thomas Mueller

The mistake was Letting Trochowski start not Kroos (who was better) or Marin

Gomez SHOULD NOT HAVE CAME IN

we also should have let Marin play as we missed this kind of players in the game

(Kroos should have taken Khediras place instead of Gomez , and Marin should have STARTED instead of Trochowski, and should have kept boateng in )

===============================
Players Review

Neuer : very confident and solid , no mistakes and always present which helped the defense , yet was not proved with tough chances

Lahm : Not A Good game by the captain even though he had some offensive scenes . And He did not do anything as a captain , which proves again that He is not qualfied enough to wear the armband

Friedrich : Defensively solid as usual , But with 1043435245 miss passes in our half , and also this unnecessary going forward

Mertesacker : played Very good and with out mistakes

Schweinsteiger : Defensive simply world class and brace , won 43432 balls back , and entered 36 Tackles (Which equals Friedrich and Khedira together !!!)
But offensively Without ideas and he did not even give it a shot

Khedira : he spent the whole game trying to understand how the Central midfield of spain Works , they were too clever for him , but sometimes he used his physical dominance on them

Oezil : was he even in the game , Dribblnig forward= Zero But was A Legend in dribbling towards our Goal !!!

Podolski: Was tooooo Defensive , Podolski (a forward) and ramos (a Defender) together in our Box says it all !!!

Trochowski : I think that He still does not know what was going on !!

Klose : He tried , and moved and did good things , but Trochowski and Oezil and Podolski did not help him

Subbing Gomez in was probably the worst thing ever
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:2010: Spain knock Germany out of the world cup.
2010: Bayern lose the champion's league final in Madrid, Spain.
2009: Barcelona (Spain) knock Bayern out of the champion's league.
2008: Spain beat Germany in the EURO final.
2008: Getafe (Spain) VERY NEARLY humiliate Bayern in the UEFA CUP.
2004: Bayern were eliminated in the last sixteen of the champion's league by Real Madrid (Spain).
2002: Bayern were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the champion's league by Real Madrid (Spain).
1999: Bayern lost the champion's league final to Man Utd in the last minute, in Barcelona, Spain.
1982: Germany lose the world cup final to Italy. Spain were the hosts.

List updated. ;) Now I'm starting to wonder if we've ever had a good moment related to Spain when it comes to football. I suppose Getafe does qualify as a great moment, but it should never have come to that. We should have dominated that game.
Last edited by FCBayernMunchen on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am

Could you guys read THIS
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:07 am

Element wrote:Could you guys read THIS

He's become famous :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:List updated. Now I'm starting to wonder if we've ever had a good moment related to Spain when it comes to football.

Come on, Spain NT wasn't EVER in WC final before in their history. They always were the big losers in tournaments like this.
Only when Xavi/Iniesta generation became mature enough they finally won something.

Their history in the NT level is not at the same level with us.

I am sure that in next WC our (mature then) Muller/Ozil/Kroos generation will destroy them.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 pm

AvatarX wrote:I am sure that in next WC our (mature then) Muller/Ozil/Kroos generation will destroy them.

Look At the Team of 2014 (The Ages of the player next to them)

---------------------------------------------------Adler(29)/Neuer (28)-----------------------------------------------------
Lahm (31)----------------------------Boateng(25)-----------------------Badstuber(24)---------Talented LB(maybe contento)
----------------------------------------Khedira (26)----------------------Schweinsteiger (29)-------------------------------
Marin(25)/Kroos(23)---------------------------------------Oezil (25)-------------------------------------------Podolski (29)
---------------------------------------------------------------Mueller (25)------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good to me
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:List updated. Now I'm starting to wonder if we've ever had a good moment related to Spain when it comes to football.

Come on, Spain NT wasn't EVER in WC final before in their history. They always were the big losers in tournaments like this.
Only when Xavi/Iniesta generation became mature enough they finally won something.

Their history in the NT level is not at the same level with us.

I am sure that in next WC our (mature then) Muller/Ozil/Kroos generation will destroy them.

I know that their history is nothing compared to ours, I was merely pointing out how much we've suffered from Spain or Spanish clubs in recent years. :roll:

I think Spain will go down soon though. Like France, they won in '98 and 2000, then they did nothing in '02. Hopefully EURO 2012 will be our year. Our team will hit its peak by 2014, but Brazil, among others, will provide a big challenge that year.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Spyware » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm

I don't know why Loew chose this stupid passive easy game
As LvG said "To Defend is much easier than to Attack"
Loew didn't even try to "annoy" the spainiard Game he just let them play as they would like
First Spain not strong at all offensively and in all their matches they created only very few CLEAR chances
and their Defence is a joke, Puyol and Pique were very bad in the whole tournament and Sergio and Capdvilla are two overrated stupid players
So the only point of power in the spainiards is to control the possesion and the increase the Tempo as the game goes on and then logically their opposition gradually lose the concentration and the they score nearly in the same time towards the end of the second half

And as for us we aren't paraguay or Swiss or Hondouras to remain cowards in our own area with that stupid shape for 75 minutes
We actually have very strong midfield which can apply pressure on spain and can play with more courage and get the ball and pass under pressure (All Schweini- Khedira- Podolski- Trochowski-Ozil) can press and can pass the ball under pressure and remain in posseion for few minutes and pass forward
not just relying on staying in our own area and just make the area in front of the box overcrowded with our players for the whole match
ok U can play like this if U have weak players or average players but Hey u Have fantastic very strong midfield
U just let Spain play exactly as they wanted to without even trying to Disturb their ONLY ONLY point of power and normally they scored
Last edited by The Spyware on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:39 pm

The Spyware wrote:Loew didn't even try to "annoy" the spainiard Game he just let them play as they would like

Yeah. I was watching the game with my friends, and honestly, after about 30 minutes, I told them: "Hey guys, just to make sure, this is the world cup right? I'm not watching the Champion's League final again?" I mean, Spain were completely dominant in possession, just like Bayern that night, and Germany did nothing but defend and hope on counter-attacks, just like Inter. Only problem is, the defensive team lost this time. When have we ever seen Germans NOT attack before? [-X
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team