You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Germany vs. Spain [Euro Cup finale!!!]

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Who will win?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Germany?
71%
Spain?
29%

Total votes : 7

Germany vs. Spain [Euro Cup finale!!!]

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 pm

The Euro cup finale is this coming Sunday on ABC. Who do you think will win?
Spain? Germany?
I obviously think it will be a great game in wich germany will win 2-1, 2-0, or 1-0
share your opinion on the Euro Cup finale here!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Spain have done suprisingly well this year, even though they always have a strong team (no exception this year) they seem to start strong then drift off and fade out... i think this year, they've just lasted a bit longer, without a bit of a shake up in their side (possibly seena and xavi out, alonso and fabregas in) Germany will have their number and ultimately ride to victory... not without conceding though, mertesacker and metzelder have looked very suspect at the back, i predict another 3-2 victory for Germany!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:40 pm

The tournament's top scorer, David Villa, is out for this match. This is hardly a handicap for Spain though, since they have a lot of great attackers.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 pm

MUTU wrote:The tournament's top scorer, David Villa, is out for this match. This is hardly a handicap for Spain though, since they have a lot of great attackers.

yah agreed suiza has scored twice and fabergas is wold class player and they both had a big role in tursday's win over russia
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 pm

ABC + hundreds of other stations! Kevh26, you forgot Lehmann too! And Guiza not Suiza :P:P:P:P

I'm very worried with Germany's defence. Lehmann is flopping, Metzelder is shaky, Mertesacker is slow and Friedriech and Lahm sometimes make stupid mistakes like passing the ball in the penalty box instead of clearing it. I hope that the attacking make up for any goals conceded. Maybe in the final the defence and Lehmann will excel. You never know.

GERMANY FTW :!: :!: :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 pm

No Spanish supporters found this forum yet :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:18 am

mackoy wrote:No Spanish supporters found this forum yet :P

because there are no spanish players on bayern
unlike turkey who had arguably there best player on bayern
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Germany captain Michael Ballack is a major doubt for the Euro 2008 final after sustaining a calf injury during the side’s 3-2 win over Turkey.

Though the 31-year old was able to play the full 90 minutes of Wednesday’s semi-final, he has been unable to train since Friday after aggravating the injury.

The midfielder’s absence from the final against Spain would be a major blow to coach Joachim Low, with the Chelsea star impressing as the side saw off Fatih Terim’s men, as well as one of the favourites for the Henri Delauney trophy, Portugal, in the quarter-final.

It is expected that the player will have a late fitness test on Sunday to see whether he is able to play, though if he is ruled out it will not be the first such disappointment the former Bayern Munich man will have endured.

In the 2002 World Cup, Ballack was ruled out of the final aginst Brazil, a match they lost 2-0, through suspension, a memory that the 86-capped player has used to motivate his teammates in the build up to Sunday’s game.

Their opponents face have their own injury problems, with the tournament’s leading goalscorer David Villa missing out due to a hamstring strain.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medin69 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:25 pm

GO GERMANY!
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:27 pm

World Cup 1934 Germany is 3rd..... 36 years later ..... World Cup 1970 Germany is 3rd

World Cup 1954 Germany is world champion .... 36 years later ..... World Cup 1990 Germany is world champion

World Cup 1962 Germany eliminated in quarter finals ..... 36 years later ..... World Cup 1998 Germany eliminated in quarter finals

World Cup 1966 Germany lose in the final .... 36 years later ..... World Cup 2002 Germany lose in the final

World Cup 1970 Germany is 3rd ..... 36 years later ..... World Cup 2006 Germany is 3rd

And what follows?

Euro 1972 Germany win the cup ..... 36 years later .... Euro 2008 Germany WILL win the cup

World Cup 1974 Germany win the cup ..... 36 years later ..... World Cup 2010 Germany WILL win the cup
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thulkazal » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:20 pm

you rly up to 36 years xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:24 pm

I think Loew lost us this one. I thought Germany did OK in the first half, especially towards the end of the first half. They were gaining confidence, which was clearly missing when the players came out of the dressing room. I don't know what Loew told them, but they were anything but motivated.

And then started the substitutions. They were crazy at best. Podolski only plays well when allowed spaces to run into, which Spain clearly weren't providing. Not sure whether Lahm was injured or not, but I'd have ended the game playing Lehmann - Jansen, Metzelder, Mertesacker, Friedrich - Lahm, Frings, Ballack, Schweinsteiger - Klose, Neuville.

Oh, and today we just needed a player like Marin on the pitch. Would have been much wiser to take a bet on the kid instead of someone like Trochowski who never really had a chance of coming on.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:58 pm

The funny thing is that I was not even aware that Gomez came in and was playing. He was invisible until he committed a foul. And I said to myself, "Was Gomez playing?" I don't know if Lahm got injured but If Low replaced him of his mistake, then it's madness. All in all, the German defense is horrible! Too **** casual!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x Yes, yes take it easy back there!!! :x :x :x :x Passing the ball around in the **** penalty area instead of clearing that ball!! :x :x Happened several times and we were fortunate not to concede. Like when Frings won the ball near the penalty area and instead of clearing the ball, 3 players went on him while he was dribbling in circles!!!!! :x :x :x :x I'd say it again. Too **** casual. No determination at all. Ballack shouldn't have played. Schweinsteiger lost many balls. The 1.98m Mertesacker getting beaten in air by Torres. Too many loose passes. Spain was clearly the better side. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:19 am

I also want to add about the freekicks. 5 German freekicks or so, where they can be a real threat, 4 of them were badly served and overhit and the ball went out! If you don't convert your chances, like Klose's at the beginning, you lose! :( :cry:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby walter » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 am

disappointing game indeed... I'm just a little depressed. The truth is I think the national team needs some drastic changes. As much as I like Frings and Ballack I think they are past their prime, and this is definitely going to show even worst if they hope to build their team around them for the WC. they will be 34 and 33 respectively. Even if it does not look like there are replacements for them it would be a mistake to keep depending so much on them, especially Ballack. Low should give a chance to other younger players. In Jermaine Jones we have a potentially good replacement for Frings...for Ballack, its a lot more difficult. Lets hope Kroos will mature into the superstar he is supposed to become...Hear me Kroos! fulfill your destiny and become the next Zidane! (but for Germany of course)...(this last sentence shouted into the sky while tears running down my face.....just kidding but almost like that).

Also I can't beleive Merte, Metze and Friedrich are the best the german team have for their positions? and I've never seen Lahm defend so poorly.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Return to German National Team