You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-06-18] Germany vs Serbia (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result

Poll ended at Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Germany Wins
89%
Draw
5%
Serbia Wins
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2010-06-18] Germany vs Serbia (WC2010)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Element wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm pretty sure we can beat Ghana. Today was a one-of. It will be interesting if Australia win though.

I Hope it was Just An off-Night

Because it is better to Get the off-Game In Group Stage than Getting in The KO Rounds or CL Final (like Bayern did !!!)

Yeah, that's right [-o<
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm so piss with this result. The ref is a freakin idiot although we can't say he was biased against Germany, but he should be a ref for baby soccer. Poldi sucks balls big time, missing several chances and then he can't even score on a PK? This is when the absence of Ballack is being felt. Ballack would've never missed the PK.
The only good thing in the team was Ozil who set up Poldi several times with his great passing. Unless we improve finishing, which also wasn't very good against Australia, we are doom.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Element wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm pretty sure we can beat Ghana. Today was a one-of. It will be interesting if Australia win though.

I Hope it was Just An off-Night

Because it is better to Get the off-Game In Group Stage than Getting in The KO Rounds or CL Final (like Bayern did !!!)

Yeah, good point.
I was the most furious I have ever been after a football match with all the yellows and the result, but at least it was in the group stage and not a decisive result.
Also it is a great test for this young team if this team realistically considers going far, because it means that we have to treat the next game like a knockout round game and they must produce and deal with all the scrutiny, frustration, and turmoil and every great team can do exactly that.
It was frustrating to watch, but its not the end of the world... cup. :D
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

I don't know why but I had a feeling before world cup starts that we'll lose vs Serbia, but I didn't expect it that way.
The ref was idiot, giving a yellow card for EVERY contact. In the first 30 minutes he had already given 6 ! yellow cards (2 in the same player) already! Unbelievable! He should be a basketball ref, not football :evil:

Of course this is not the end of the world cup, we can pass this round and it maybe will be better for us if we finish second in our group, as we will avoid Argentina in QF...

We lost 1 game in Euro too but we reached the final ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:13 pm

AvatarX wrote:as we will avoid Argentina in QF

To explain this, if we finish 2nd, we'll play with the first of Group C (England/USA) and after that in the QF with the winner of the match 1st group A - 2nd group B (not Argentina).
So in overall I think this way we'll have more chances to reach semi-finals than finish 1st = play vs Argentina in QF ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Can someone explain the scenarios for Germany going through?
Like if Ghana wins tomorrow they will have six points, then if we beat Ghana we will have six point and Serbia beats Australia Serbia will have six points.
All this leaves me a bit confused.
So what does Germany need to go through?
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:29 pm

AvatarX wrote:as we will avoid Argentina in QF

To explain this, if we finish 2nd, we'll play with the first of Group C (England/USA) and after that in the QF with the winner of the match 1st group A - 2nd group B (not Argentina).
So in overall I think this way we'll have more chances to reach semi-finals than finish 1st = play vs Argentina in QF ...

You already made it that England and USA will go through ? :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jank1s » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm

when Germany national team meets some from Balkans in WC or EC, they usually have a lot of problems ir that game and later.
Jank1s
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

MunchenFC wrote:Can someone explain the scenarios for Germany going through?
Like if Ghana wins tomorrow they will have six points, then if we beat Ghana we will have six point and Serbia beats Australia Serbia will have six points.

Well because of the 4-1, even if Ghana wins tomorrow with a maximum 2-0 or 3-0, if we win Ghana we are top no matter what - but any other result will be very risky. If Ghana loses tomorrow, we'll need to win or draw vs Ghana to pass the group stage.

MaCk0y wrote:You already made it that England and USA will go through ? :P

As I see England vs Algeria now, they don't seem up for the task... Slovenia almost made a great surprise today, but they still have hopes of finishing top.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby podolski4life » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 pm

MunchenFC wrote:Can someone explain the scenarios for Germany going through?

Okay, the standings thus far:
Germany: 1-0-1, 3 pts, +3 GD (4 GF, 1 GA)
Ghana 1-0-0, 3 pts, +1 GD (1 GF, 0 GA)

Serbia 1-0-1, 3 pts, 0 GD (1 GF, 1 GA)
Australia 0-0-1, 0 pts, -4 GD (0 GF, 4 GA)

SCENARIOS FOR GHANA V AUSTRALIA:
Ghana wins --
Ghana 6 pts, +? GD
Germany 3 pts, +3 GD

Serbia 3 pts, 0 GD
Australia, 0 pts, -? GD

Ghana draws --
Ghana 4 pts, +? GD
Germany 3 pts, +3 GD

Serbia 3 pts, 0 GD
Australia 1 pt, -? GD

Ghana loses --
Germany 3 pts, +3 GD
Ghana 3 pts, 0/-? GD

Serbia 3 pts, 0 GD
Australia, 3 pts, +?/-?/0 GD

Germany's GD is basically the one thing that is keeping us afloat in the standings. I don't think Ghana can score as many goals as we did against the Socceroos, but in any case, you cheer for Ghana scoring as few goals as possible. The max GD for Ghana-Australia should be +2 for Ghana (2-0, 3-1, etc), any more than that Germany loses their GD advantage in the standings.

The most ideal situation is that Ghana draws or loses tomorrow, so Germany would need a win or a draw to advance.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 pm

The perfect situation is Australia wins and Ghana loses. Because if they draw, a draw wouldn't be enough for us in the last game.

But my opinion is that if we can't beat Ghana, how are we going to beat stronger teams?? It should be Win or Win.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby pavlos21 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 pm

germany has a great team but they are not unbeatable and have many flaws and little experience.they will beat ghana easy with a good game.but all can happen its a matter of the day.

we all knew that the big oponent of the group was serbia so the loss is not a huge surprise for me.anyway serbia is more experienced and overall i think has better quality than the manschaft.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby The Spyware » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Ghana are extremely tough team they are very balanced and very effieceint
even in the african cup of nations they were the least teams in the tournament with tries on goal and eventhough they reach the final and lost with great difficulty also all their matches ended 1/0 in the quarters and in the semis and even when they lost they lost with the same scoreline
also the match against serbia Srebia didn't manage to make any clear chance and at the end of the day ghana won 1/0 also
also many of their players were part of the squad who win the world cup u 20 in Egypt last year
it will be a tough match against a very well organized team and Germany will play under great pressure and as the match goes on it will be much more difficult cuz Ghana i think will win or at least draw tomorrow and Serbia can easily beat Australia
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

pavlos21 wrote:we all knew that the big oponent of the group was serbia so the loss is not a huge surprise for me.anyway serbia is more experienced and overall i think has better quality than the manschaft.

What?

Did you see the match?

They were EXTREMELY LUCKY. We owned them with 10 players and we deserved to draw or to win. But we were really unlucky (referee, penalty missed...) I bet that they don't know how the fck did they managed to win this game.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby pavlos21 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 pm

i dint said that they have a better team.i meant that in overall players quality i think they are better and more experienced.its different the players quality from how the whole team plays.
france has great players but a terrible team.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team