You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-06-18] Germany vs Serbia (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result

Poll ended at Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Germany Wins
89%
Draw
5%
Serbia Wins
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2010-06-18] Germany vs Serbia (WC2010)

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 pm

For me, it's been a sh*t WC so far. From the Jabulani ball the players despise to the completely annoying vuvuzela horns to the horrible refereeing to the ridiculously low scoring, boring matches...just complete sh*t.

As for Die Mannschaft, they need to beat Ghana soundly to set a tone for the knock-out stages. Herr Loew needs to reconsider his attack after the meltdown of both Klose & Poldi in the second match. I'd like to see Kiessling or Cacau more so than Gomez. As for defense, I knew sooner or later the CD's would fail and that happened vs Serbia. Mertesacker left his man to help Lahm but in missing the ball and Friedrich being too slow to fill Merte's spot Neuer had no chance. Still, Poldi should have buried the PK in true German fashion but as he addressed the ball I saw no confidence on his face. His weak strike could have been saved by my 75 year old mom. Schweini should have taken it but that is neither here nor there, it is what it is. If Germany moves on and a similar situation arises, Lahm needs to take charge and chose who should take PK's.

I have said before I seriously doubted the NT would be as successful this time as in '06 but the idea of Germany being ousted in the group stage is something even my glass-is-half-empty mentality never considered. Let's hope we see the NT from the first match show up for the match vs. Ghana, otherwise it will be a very, very sad day for German fussball.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Don't be so pessimistic. We lost only one game - a game that we could easily draw or even win if we'd take our chances.
Although we were 1 man down, we created many clear chances, hit the post before half time and managed to missed a PK.

I think we were unlucky in that specific game and I am pretty sure that we'll recover fast. We also lost in group stage in Euro 2006 but reached the final afterwards :).

BTW I think it's pretty unfair to blame Klose for this unbelievable ref decision. The guy just touched the opponents foot while he was aiming for the ball (and slightly caught it)! What he was supposed to do? Mark the opponents with eyes? This is football we are talking about - not every contact is a yellow card...This ref should have been written to Guinness book. 6 yellow cards in the first 30 minutes!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:54 pm

AvatarX wrote:Don't be so pessimistic. We lost only one game - a game that we could easily draw or even win if we'd take our chances.
Although we were 1 man down, we created many clear chances, hit the post before half time and managed to missed a PK.

I think we were unlucky in that specific game and I am pretty sure that we'll recover fast. We also lost in group stage in Euro 2006 but reached the final afterwards :).

BTW I think it's pretty unfair to blame Klose for this unbelievable ref decision. The guy just touched the opponents foot while he was aiming for the ball (and slightly caught it)! What he was supposed to do? Mark the opponents with eyes? This is football we are talking about - not every contact is a yellow card...This ref should have been written to Guinness book. 6 yellow cards in the first 30 minutes!

I am not "blaming" Klose for the loss. My comment is based on the fact that a player must limit aggressive play when carrying a yellow card, even MvB knows that!

Yes, the ref was utter sh*t and should never be allowed to ref another WC match but, like it or not, he was in control of the match so players, especially a veteran like Klose must be mindful this and set an example for the younger one's.
Last edited by nur4bayern on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 pm

nur4bayern wrote:I am not "blaming" Klose for the loss. My comment is based on the fact that a player must limit aggressive play when carrting a yellow card, even MvB knows that!

Yes, the ref was utter sh*t and should never be allowed to ref another WC match but, like it or not, he was in control of the match so players, especially a veteran like Klose must be mindful this and set an example for the younger one's.

Agree about the example, but it was just a standing contact, not even a real tackle...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby EQ Kimball » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:22 pm

@nur4bayern how did Klose have a melt down? He played a tiny fraction of a game and didn't get any chances to show anything. Poldi had a HUGE meltdown from taking so many shots and missing, to failing the penalty kick...he should've been out immediately after the pk. Cacau is good and I want to see Keisling as well.

We needed to bring in something more creative with the subs; Kroos, and Trawkovski (he was AMAZING in Euro cup).

Also, if Klose plays like he did against Australia, that's truly world class...even the media were buzzing like crazy. A crazy goal, and sick 3 assists (though the receiving end such as Khedira missed them).
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:34 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:@nur4bayern how did Klose have a melt down? He played a tiny fraction of a game and didn't get any chances to show anything. Poldi had a HUGE meltdown from taking so many shots and missing, to failing the penalty kick...he should've been out immediately after the pk. Cacau is good and I want to see Keisling as well.

We needed to bring in something more creative with the subs; Kroos, and Trawkovski (he was AMAZING in Euro cup).

Also, if Klose plays like he did against Australia, that's truly world class...even the media were buzzing like crazy. A crazy goal, and sick 3 assists (though the receiving end such as Khedira missed them).

Klose did score a GREAT header but seriously, he's not the Klose of WC2006. In game #2 his sending off was crap BUT he was carrying a yellow card and the foul was in midfield, it's not like he was playing aggressive from an attacking scenario. It was a foul from behind that this particular ref wasn't allowing, period. His sending off gave the Serbs a chance and they ceased it almost immediately.
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby EQ Kimball » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 pm

^^^I agree with you, he should have been a better judge at that. Doesn't mean he had a meltdown.

And you're correct, he's not the same of course. I still think he can offer a lot if he keeps playing like he did in the Australia game is all I'm saying mayne.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:52 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:^^^I agree with you, he should have been a better judge at that. Doesn't mean he had a meltdown.

And you're correct, he's not the same of course. I still think he can offer a lot if he keeps playing like he did in the Australia game is all I'm saying mayne.

Ok, I retract "meltdown" as it pertains to Klose but NOT for Poldi.

I agree Klose can offer a lot IF he believes in himself and I think that's a big IF. I had hoped after scoring such a sublime header he'd be the "old" Miro but with the sending off how will it affect his game should Germany make it through to the knock out stages? He's a veteran and we need him to help lead and more importantly, score goals. It's what he has always done in WC competition and he must do it one last time as I imagine this is his swan song tournament for the NT.
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Badstuber is not A LB

the reason why he does not suck every game is that he is a great player (so sometimes he does good things) and that sometimes he does not face fast wingers .

Just Something interesting

in the Ball that led to the Goal

Krasic's Speed was 30.03 KM/H (WHICH is really Fast)

While Badstuber's Speed was 22,49 KM/H

The Speed Difference was 8 Km/H !!!

This says all !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Element wrote:Badstuber is not A LB

the reason why he does not suck every game is that he is a great player (so sometimes he does good things) and that sometimes he does not face fast wingers .

Just Something interesting

in the Ball that led to the Goal

Krasic's Speed was 30.03 KM/H (WHICH is really Fast)

While Badstuber's Speed was 22,49 KM/H

The Speed Difference was 8 Km/H !!!

This says all !!!

Can't argue with facts like that, hence why Badstuber should replace Friedrich as CD.
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Podolski shot / goal in the first game had about 130 km/h speed. Conclusion: The ball is faster than anyone, so you must let the ball do the work :) JK :)

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 pm

nur4bayern wrote:Can't argue with facts like that, hence why Badstuber should replace Friedrich as CD.

yes , this shows how actually UNFAIR Krasic vs Badstuber is

AND

No , Mertesacker

Friedrich is better than Mertesacker

But The best option SKILL-WISE is Boateng and Badstuber as Starting CBs !!

With Either Lahm as RB and Jansen as LB ( I Miss Schaefer)

or Lahm as LB with and Friedrich as RB
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Previous

Return to German National Team