You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-07] Germany vs Scotland

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Germany will win
86%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Scotland will win
14%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2014-09-07] Germany vs Scotland

Postby Der Bomber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:25 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
Kalev wrote:
Tedesco wrote:Götze is actually having a good game. Oo

What? I heard he had in the 1st half fewest ball contacts. He was barely visible. Also he looked quite slow. The Scotts goal situation started from his missed passed. 2nd half he was a bit more in action but nothing special.
I don't know what Kroos is in Madrid doing but he missed quite many passes.
And thank god Germany has Müller. Always in the right place. He made the difference today.

I agree. 'Good' is a more than generous description. Completely invisible in the first half, and maybe 2-3 actions worth mentioning in the 2nd. He looked more dangerous when he dropped back deeper, but that might be because that allowed Reus to play higher. He just looks slow both physically and in his head.

Kroos was the biggest flop though. Invisible, no defensive game, and Boateng pretty much did all the ball distribution Kroos should have

I'm not sure if the chemistry is there or if the players like him anymore after he talked so much trash towards Bayern when the German NT is filled with Bayern players. Anyways, as soon as Gundogan comes back & gets his fitness again, Kroos will be a non factor for Germany because he is nothing close to what Gundogan or Schweinsteiger is in terms of midfield general.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Borusse » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:reus, is it the same ankle? Although the impact wan't directly on the ankle the impact seemed a bit nasty, he managed to walk but I am fearing the worst for him.

Low said it doesnt seem that bad. We'll know more tomorrow morning after the scan.

:|
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby pyrasur » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:55 pm

It's strange knowing so much is riding on Dortmund. Gundogan needs to get back fit and to good form, we just need ONE of Dortmund's left fullbacks to actually get good. And Germany keeps returning Reus broken :/

Germany have many creative players and that's good for the team, Neuer basically a midfielder and all that. But guys that get the job done are getting fewer. With Lahm gone, Germany is down to Schweinsteiger and Mueller who can lead the team through adversity. I'm hoping Rode can be a great option for Germany. From his short time here I like his attitude a lot.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Seconded on Rode... hopefully he keeps playing hard and shows that he deserves a shot on the NT
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:01 pm

From what i am seeing, Rode has contributed that much more so far @ Bayern.. then Ginter in his whole career so far.. I really don't see what he brings to any top team or NT at all..
Ottomeister13

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:31 pm

I think the one on the bench when Gündogan returns should be Kramer. I don't really get Löw's seeming infatuation with him. I'm withholding judgment on Rode so far, would like to see him play more. Durm should improve with age, he's really young and has little experience in the LB, and already adds in attack, its just his defensive game that he needs to improve.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Der Bomber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:35 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think the one on the bench when Gündogan returns should be Kramer. I don't really get Löw's seeming infatuation with him. I'm withholding judgment on Rode so far, would like to see him play more. Durm should improve with age, he's really young and has little experience in the LB, and already adds in attack, its just his defensive game that he needs to improve.

I personally think that Kramer has been better & more stable than Kroos over the past 2 matches.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Der Bomber wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I think the one on the bench when Gündogan returns should be Kramer. I don't really get Löw's seeming infatuation with him. I'm withholding judgment on Rode so far, would like to see him play more. Durm should improve with age, he's really young and has little experience in the LB, and already adds in attack, its just his defensive game that he needs to improve.

I personally think that Kramer has been better & more stable than Kroos over the past 2 matches.

Letting the anger against him aside... He's not a DM (we already knew that) and doesn't defend so great, but he is very good as a more attacking midfielder. Plus he brings lots of corner kicking skills to the table (think he should kick those, not Reus).
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:44 pm

And why should ANYONE move for Gundogan? He will be out for 1,5 years soon? Who tells us he will ever get back in his shape he had, or that the problem won't return again? If at all.. it should be a Gotze, Ozil, Podolski who don't bring much lately for the NT.. But only if Gundogan proves himself first when he is back.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:54 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:

Letting the anger against him aside... He's not a DM (we already knew that) and doesn't defend so great, but he is very good as a more attacking midfielder. Plus he brings lots of corner kicking skills to the table (think he should kick those, not Reus).

I just don't know where you got that from, but he was like always our corner taker and we scored like only 1 goal per 15 games from corners, and we were having always like lotsa corners, IMO can't get worst than that.
Maybe it wasn't his fault, but I think there are better corner-takers than him, set piece-takers in general, I like more in that segment Alonso, but that's only from my point of view.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:09 am

geez, you got a bit of an Alonso crush since the switch, don't you :shock:

Kroos was a flop, but he's had plenty of great performances for Bayern and the NT...whereas Gündogan has been out for ages, no one knows how long it will even take for him to get back on form. Let's not bury Kroos for now, shall we?
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:26 am

I thought it was a sending off for Müller.

Two hands round a players neck is extremely dangerous play.

Germany were disappointing and Scotland played well second half. We're disappointed we never took a point.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 am

I don't agree with you. I see Kramer very good for his age and little experience. As far as the leaders thing one should not forget that there is also Hummels. Plus both Boateng & Howedes can take that role too...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:11 am

lau03143 wrote:I thought it was a sending off for Müller.

Two hands round a players neck is extremely dangerous play.

Germany were disappointing and Scotland played well second half. We're disappointed we never took a point.

A part of me wanted the Scotts to get at least a point. It must be my admiration for these people or my desire to see them 'free'cause a good result yest could have had a big momentum in favor to their independence.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:07 pm

It was a spirited performance, but the quality of Mueller was the difference.

We played Goetze and Reus out the game.

First half, our midfield struggled at times as we gave them too much space, second half it was totally different, in as much as we took the game more to Germany and had chances to really get ahead in the game.

Hoewedes should have been sent off in the first half for pulling Naismith down as he was about to run through on Neuer, clearly stopping Naismith from having a goalscoring opportunity. I guess others of a Deutsch persuasion will disagree.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team