You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-06-02] Germany vs San Marino

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Outcome?

Germany wins
22%
Germany thrashes San Marino again, and wins
56%
Draw
No votes
San Marino wins
22%

Total votes : 9

[2007-06-02] Germany vs San Marino

Postby podolski4life » Wed May 30, 2007 5:48 am

This will be the first Euro 2008 qualifying match of a doubleheader. This game should be quite easy, seeing as we’re playing at home and San Marino doesn’t exactly make you quake with fear (re: 13-0 thrashing last year). This should be the time to cash in on an easy 3 points and to add some more goals to the bank. We’re leading Group D but currently tied on points with the Czech Republic and Republic of Ireland.

Some notes: Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Borowski, and Friedrich are all out with injuries. Hildebrand, Gomez, Hilbert, and Hitzlsperger may be a bit tired because of the German Cup final. The rest of the squad should be quite rested though.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 30, 2007 7:23 am

If Germany fails to win this, I'll eat my hat. Actually I'd have to buy a hat just for eating.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed May 30, 2007 10:06 am

piece of cake..
we should win by more than 5 goals...:D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed May 30, 2007 5:38 pm

I'm just so shocked that this game will be shown on FSC. :shock: That channel only shows the EPL, some MLS, and a few Serie A games, and for them to show this game is so surprising that I hope it doesn't jink the team.

Though a lot of players are out, I think Germany will still pull a win out because most, if not all, of the San Marino players are only part-time football players anyway. So, Germany should have an advantage.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:59 pm

win to germany. theres no possibility for another outcome.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FC Bajern » Wed May 30, 2007 7:59 pm

San Marino will play with more heart this time, they know they really have to put a fight out there... I think they improved a lot since last year.

finel result 12-0
FC Bajern

Postby soccerkyle » Wed May 30, 2007 9:32 pm

7-0 hatrick for Kuranyi
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Result

Germany 6-0 San Marino

K Kuranyi 45'
M Jansen 52'
T Frings pen 54'
M Gomez 63'
M Gomez 65'
C Fritz 67'

San Marino got better! They conceded 7 goals less than last time.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:03 pm

I am surprised that Germany scored only 1 goal in first half..:D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:55 am

podolski4life wrote:San Marino got better! They conceded 7 goals less than last time.

No, they didn't, It's just that half of the starters in German squad were injured

I'm surprised that Klose didn't score any goal. wtf is wrong with him?
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:22 pm

Poor San Marino. I feel a little sorry for them because they're a punching bag for the bigger teams. Oh well. The one godd thing about the game, for San Marino, was that the goalie was able to hold Germany goal less for almost a whole 45 minutes.

Germany....wow. I was a little scared because there was so much miscommunication going on that it was embarrassing. Players kept think that so and so should be somewhere, and there were moments where a player didn't even move for a ball. They can not play like this against Slovakia.

The good news is that Kuranyi and Gomez are great players and can score. Klose is off for some reason. Oh, that goal by Gomez was sweet.

BTW..am I the only person who thinks Kuranyi is using way too much grease in his hair? It's like he gets his hair tips from Pat Reiley.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:48 pm

Don't look too much into this match. It wasn't exactly motivating for most German players.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to German National Team