You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Portugal will win
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: [2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Hummels hasn't outclassed even a dead squirrel for the national team.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 pm

quaazi wrote:Hummels hasn't outclassed even a dead squirrel for the national team.

Agree, Hummels wearing a yellow kit next to Subotic looks like Beckebauer. As soon as he puts the white german jersey he plays at Breno's level.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Back line for me should be...

Lahm --- Boateng --- Badstuber --- Schmelzer

I'm just not convinced with Hummels in Europe or internationally yet.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:56 pm

The only explanation I can believe about playing Merta is the experience factor. Germany’s failure to win WC2006 and EURO2008 was justified with inexperience, in 2010 the German press was not to please with a justification but accepted that it wasn’t the year: Spain still was a notch ahead of Germany. Now pressure is mounting: how long can Germany be a young team? Loew knows it and if another failure is tied to the NT “being young” many will question all together if in 2014 the team still will be young.

Without Merta Germany’s back line is certainly inexperienced: Neuer-Lahm-Bads-Boateng-Schmelzer will add 159 caps combined, any other combination without Merta will keep the number unaltered; but any combination with Merta will bring the number to an acceptable level of 230-240 caps combined.

Take Germany’s main challenger for instance: Spain. If they field Casillas-Ramos-Pique-Arbeola-Albiol they add 325 caps. The Netherlands with Stekelenburg-Van Der Wiel-Heitinga- Mathijsen-Boulahrouz add over 270, even if Vlaar and/or Willems are fielded they are still more experienced than a Germany without Merta.

Loew gave a chance to what looked like a rusty Klose (does that even exist when he wears the NT jersey?) in WC2010 and he delivered. The question is: Will Loew once again make a miracle to put Merta at the level he played the qualification campaign?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 pm

I predicted a 4-1 win for this.

Schweini - Muller (2) - Klose/Gomez (whoever plays).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I'd take a 1-0 win for Germany, but think it could be 2 or 3 :grin:
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:19 pm

It's not unexperienced at all.

Neuer has played 1 CL final + CL semifinals + World Cup semifinals + some more big games
Boateng has played 1 CL final + World Cup semis
Badstuber has played lots of big games with Bayern too

Not to mention Lahm

Mertesacker adds experience but HE IS VERY BAD. I loved Friedrich in the world cup, I wasn't expecting too much from him and he was awesome.

Mertesacker gets worse every year. He sucks with the ball on his feet. He can't pass, he is slow, he makes lots of mistakes... and the most important thing, he is awful defending headers and he is one of the tallest players out there. I can't find a good reason to play him. Even on the worst night of his career Hummels is better than our current Mertesacker

If you guys don't like Hummels (cause he plays for Dortmund...) then Badstuber--Boateng combo is the best option.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby machkover » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

this is the best German team I can remember, but this is also the first time that I'm not confident of us winning an international tournament. It's the first time we're favourites in a long time, but I have a lot of doubts. :(

Too contradictory !! don't you think mates ?? be optimistic please !! we shall be through to the next stage difficultly but we will have an easy go to the final hopefully !!! [-o<
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:46 am

do you remember mates how we lost our last Euro_final against spain ?? who was playing LB then and made that big mistake in front of toresse ?? i wish both Lahm and Leow remeber that moment and have learnt the lesson !!!!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 am

This is just my opinion, but I think Lahm wasn't very good until 2009. I think he has always been a little bit overrated because he was very bad in defense with Bayern and Germany, In fact he made lots of mistakes in that Euro. But after the Euro he had a hell of a season and he has been playing world class since then

BTW this is what Bild is predicting... yes, MERTESACKER is there

If Lahm worked great as RB in the world cup... why is he going to play on the left? You have to change the things that are not working. If Lahm plays world class on the right, let him on the right and try to find a solid left wing.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 am

Seems like Loew is trying his best playing his worst possible formation. Wouldn't be surprised seeing Neuer as ST :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby michel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:19 am

And yes, I am massively on the side of the National team ;-)

I believe that the game could be very well played on the wings on Saturday.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby spotman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:02 am

Klose getting the start ahead of Gomez is just laughable.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 am

Unlike many of you, I trust Loew to do the right thing and I kind of like this formation.

YlonenXabi wrote:If you guys don't like Hummels (cause he plays for Dortmund...) then Badstuber--Boateng combo is the best option.

It's not that we don't like Hummels because of Dortmund (we do, but it's another story). It is just that Hummels sucked so bad in those matches he played that maybe even Mertesacker seems better (OK, maybe this is exaggeration but you get my point). You like the way he plays for Dortmund and maybe you were not that objective, but he sucked bad with NT.

YlonenXabi wrote:This is just my opinion, but I think Lahm wasn't very good until 2009.

What? Lahm was world class LB many years before. In fact he was voted in uefa.com as world's best LB 2 year before 2009 - 2006 and 2008. For me he is top LB and RB and doesn't matter in which flack he plays.

spotman wrote:Klose getting the start ahead of Gomez is just laughable.

I expect that they both get their chances, but I don't agree that is laughable to choose the Germany top scorer in qualifying phase. Also Klose seems to do more for the team as he tracks back and helps a lot in build up play.

Anyway, as I said, I expect that Gomez will get his chance, but for me a decision to start Klose is justifiable.

I guess we will see from the outcome of the match this afternoon.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 am

BayernLeb wrote:The only problem is Mertesacker

I agree. I think playing Lahm at RB would be much better for us (especially tonight against Ronaldo) but I think we'll somehow managed. There are two other positions which I am unsure of, Podolski or Reus/Goetze/Schurrle, and Gomez vs Klose. I for one would rather not see Poldi start, for example, but it doesn't matter much if he does because he's good anyway.

Mertesacker though.... that's a big problem. I hope Howedes or Hummels or Boateng play instead, but I'm kinda hoping Boateng will be RB rather than Bender.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team