You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Portugal will win
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: [2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Postby walter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 am

Good one, i agree on everything.

Same here.

Only Loew knows why he wasn't subbed out.

I spent the whole second half yelling "POLDI OUT, JOGI, POLDI OUT!"

Schuerrle deserved minutes after Poldi's disappointing performance. Before the goal Schuerrle should've come in, after the goal, Goetze.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:22 am

MUTU wrote:Podolski - 5 - Only Loew knows why he wasn't subbed out. Persists in shooting practically every time he gets the ball, but his accuracy wasn't any good.

Although I don't agree with that, as Podolski at least was trying to attack and defended well while Gomez was totally isolated and invisible,

walter wrote:Schuerrle deserved minutes after Poldi's disappointing performance

I agree that Schuerrle deserved some minutes, as he usually scores as sub.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 am

armbrust wrote:Portugal is playing a perfect tactical game so far.

Agree with that. Although that had a big disadvantage :

Tuga_Bayern wrote:Unfortunatelly, the passion of Portugal doesn't exist, nowadays.

They reminded of Brazil some years ago. Discipline, good tactically, too "European" IMHO.
All those meant better defensive performance, but less fantasy and no passion in their play. Same goes for last night Portugal.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am

The only real mistake yesterday was the subs. Other than that Loew put in a great lineup on paper.

I guess the good thing is that if Muller, Ozil and Podolski do not improve soon, we can always play Schurrle, Goetze and Reus and still have one of the strongest front lines in the tournament
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 am

KAHN wrote:
The Spyware wrote:There is no news under Loew and I fear there will never be

Only good decision was Hummels for Mertsucker in fact the opposite would have been a crime

Lahm on the left = mess

Reus / Goetze / Shcurrle in the bench for lame Poldi and Muller = CRIME

Subs = Usual Fail

Performance = mess

I am sick of Loew. How can people be so blind. He is tactical joke. For NT couch good motivation powers is the most important and he is doing a good job there. But without tactical knowhow he cant win anything.

Guys, give Loew a break here. We won, with a clean sheet and we looked solid in a very tough / close game.

And BTW Lahm had a bad game (like he has sometimes on the right too), but Boateng did a wonderful job, in fact IMO he may did a better job stopping Ronaldo than Lahm did vs Real (when Ronaldo scored 2 goals and created the other).

IMHO the only mistake he did was not subbing Podolski for Schuerrle at about 70th minute.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 am

AvatarX wrote:Although I don't agree with that, as Podolski at least was trying to attack and defended well while Gomez was totally isolated and invisible

Part of the reason why Gomez was isolated was that Podolski showed zero teamwork. He was the opposite of Mueller. When you opt to shoot rather than pass, you'd better score or at least win a corner, because otherwise you'd have lost a chance for your team. Podolski did the latter for the whole match. I'm convinced that Schuerrle or Reus would have done better, especially after we scored the 1-0 because Reus is very good at counter attacks and Schuerrle has a great long-range shot.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 am

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Although I don't agree with that, as Podolski at least was trying to attack and defended well while Gomez was totally isolated and invisible

Part of the reason why Gomez was isolated was that Podolski showed zero teamwork. He was the opposite of Mueller. When you opt to shoot rather than pass, you'd better score or at least win a corner, because otherwise you'd have lost a chance for your team. Podolski did the latter for the whole match. I'm convinced that Schuerrle or Reus would have done better, especially after we scored the 1-0 because Reus is very good at counter attacks and Schuerrle has a great long-range shot.

I said that Scherrle should have come in as a sub.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am

Lahm almost gave them a goal right at the end :shock: I guess something was glittering on the ball which caused him to look in amaze :D

Yesterday we lacked the free-flowing entertatining game which typically characterizes us. That was partly due to Portugal giving us so much respect, and partly due to our players slackness. What matters though is the way we won the game. We won it the "champions" way. This gives a lot of implications that the winning mentality is maturing in our players' heads.

The bad thing yesterday was Loew's suprising unwillingness to make substitutions. It was clear to everyone wathching the game that any (if not all) of Ozil (he had his trademark expiry date at 70 min), Podolski, and Khedira should be subbed out for more fresh legs. I'm not saying they had a bad game, especialyl not Poldi who, albeit always in a rush, was solid fighting for the dead balls. We just need to use our subs more carefully. Goetze, Reus, and Gundogan/Bender respectively could have given us a more danger lately instead of having to sit back and risk conceding.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 am

And BTW Lahm had a bad game (like he has sometimes on the right too), but Boateng did a wonderful job, in fact IMO he may did a better job stopping Ronaldo than Lahm did vs Real (when Ronaldo scored 2 goals and created the other).

Yeah, but keep in mind that that game was played at the Bernabeu, and Ronaldo had Özil and Benzema next to him, coached by Mourinho, while Lahm's defensive cover was... Robben.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 am

In hindsight, I think Kroos should've started over Khedira. Not that Sami is a bad player or that he shouldn't be the starter in the other games, but... Portugal offered nothing going through the midfield, so defensive cover there was unnecessary. And Kroos' precise passing would've been a great boost amidst the chaos of missed passes yesterday.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:33 pm

armbrust wrote:Portugal is playing a perfect tactical game so far.

Agree with that. Although that had a big disadvantage :

Tuga_Bayern wrote:Unfortunatelly, the passion of Portugal doesn't exist, nowadays.

They reminded of Brazil some years ago. Discipline, good tactically, too "European" IMHO.
All those meant better defensive performance, but less fantasy and no passion in their play. Same goes for last night Portugal.

And the personality of our players is the reason for that.

João Pereira just say bad words, Pepe is an animal, Bruno Alves is too much aggressive, Coentrão is +- like João Pereira (but he has passion), Moutinho and Meireles swap their teams for rivals (Sporting > Porto and Liverpool > Chelsea) and I don't like this type of players; Ronaldo is an arrogant. Where is the passion? With brazilians and with this players it's difficult to find it...
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby BayernLeb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Tuga_Bayern
And the personality of our players is the reason for that.

João Pereira just say bad words, Pepe is an animal, Bruno Alves is too much aggressive, Coentrão is +- like João Pereira (but he has passion), Moutinho and Meireles swap their teams for rivals (Sporting > Porto and Liverpool > Chelsea) and I don't like this type of players; Ronaldo is an arrogant. Where is the passion? With brazilians and with this players it's difficult to find it...

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Humbles, Bads, Boa and Neuer saved our asses IMO.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

[2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Humbles

Oh, the irony!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby walter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm

quaazi wrote:In hindsight, I think Kroos should've started over Khedira. Not that Sami is a bad player or that he shouldn't be the starter in the other games, but... Portugal offered nothing going through the midfield, so defensive cover there was unnecessary. And Kroos' precise passing would've been a great boost amidst the chaos of missed passes yesterday.

nah, Khedira played well, Kroos might've struggled against a physical Portuguese side.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team