You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Portugal will win
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: [2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

great defensive display today, attack still needs to come together, im sure that will get better, but a solid display =D> delighted for Boaeting/Badstuber the train/Hummells
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 pm

I thought for sure his sub is Ruess/Schrulle for Podolski or Muller, Bender for Khedira
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Khedira was very careless with most of his passes. What happened to this guy ?

Yeah a lot of our passes in midfield were being intercepted. This has to improve as well.

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that he is the guy who needs to get involved in the team play like Klose does

Klose showed in the 10 minutes he played that we are probably more dangerous with him, but had Muller's crosses been better Gomez could have scored more. Klose definitely has something to offer and Gomez does too if his teammates show up (and if they don't, we're not gonna win the tournament regardless of who the striker is). We need to use both wisely.

I reckon that considering he scored the decided, Gomez will start again against the Netherlands though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Congratz to all of you who support Germany.

Unfortunatelly, the passion of Portugal doesn't exist, nowadays. I'm sick of naturalized players (Germany has got a lot of them, too), of Ronaldo, who just has a great performance in their stupid Real Madrid, of players that don't have quality to wear our jersey (João Pereira, Postiga or Varela), of overrated people, like Nélson Oliveira, who is overrated and don't score goals,...

Gomez in Bayern has played bad and in Germany scores. :evil:
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 pm

For the guys who missed the goal :
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:And I disagree with Gomez not being supported. I think that he is the guy who needs to get involved in the team play like Klose does

Before Gomez gets it into his head that it is not the ball that has to go to him but he has to go to the ball, I' am afraid that we are going to remain with a lot of missed chances up front
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ballackfcb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Ballack celebrating Gomez goal :D
This was for ESPN in America.
He said germany played 50/100 average and for him Hummels MOM as did good blocks.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby The Spyware » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 pm

There is no news under Loew and I fear there will never be

Only good decision was Hummels for Mertsucker in fact the opposite would have been a crime

Lahm on the left = mess

Reus / Goetze / Shcurrle in the bench for lame Poldi and Muller = CRIME

Subs = Usual Fail

Performance = mess
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 am

Müller was great, he put in great crosses.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 am

MUTU's special player ratings:

Neuer - 8 - great save at the end and good at clearing high balls. Could/should have prevented the second ball from hitting the crossbar.
Lahm - 6.5 - not one of his finest moments
Badstuber - 8 - sacrificed a booking with a tactical foul and was solid throughout
Hummels - 8.5 - MOTM - a beast in defence and showed leadership to take the ball high upfield at times. He's captain material in future, for sure.
Boateng - 8 - Had the unenviable task of marking Ronaldo and got the better of him more often than not, including a world class tackle to prevent a clear chance.
Khedira - 7 - Provided the cross to Gomez, albeit it being deviated by a Portuguese defender's arm
Schweinsteiger - 6.5 - Not his usual self, clearly still out of form.
Podolski - 5 - Only Loew knows why he wasn't subbed out. Persists in shooting practically every time he gets the ball, but his accuracy wasn't any good.
Oezil - 7 - Not too much wizardry from the creative player.
Mueller - 7.5 - Worked hard but his final pass was generally missing the attacker by inches. Missed a good chance in the first half.
Gomez - 8 - Great goal in what would have otherwise been his last action. Humorously, he has Boateng to thank who didn't notice the subs board and proceeded with starting the play again, leaving Klose waiting on the touchline. Unlucky in that he wasn't awarded another goal in the first half, with the referee inexplicably pulling play back in order to award a freekick to Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:49 am

The Spyware wrote:There is no news under Loew and I fear there will never be

Only good decision was Hummels for Mertsucker in fact the opposite would have been a crime

Lahm on the left = mess

Reus / Goetze / Shcurrle in the bench for lame Poldi and Muller = CRIME

Subs = Usual Fail

Performance = mess

I am sick of Loew. How can people be so blind. He is tactical joke. For NT couch good motivation powers is the most important and he is doing a good job there. But without tactical knowhow he cant win anything.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Jank1s » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 am

man of the match, for me - Hummels
Jank1s
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 am

Jank1s wrote:man of the match, for me - Hummels

Obviously. The best man of Portugal was Coentrão. :)
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby michel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 am

Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby armbrust » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 am

MUTU wrote:MUTU's special player ratings:

Neuer - 8 - great save at the end and good at clearing high balls. Could/should have prevented the second ball from hitting the crossbar.
Lahm - 6.5 - not one of his finest moments
Badstuber - 8 - sacrificed a booking with a tactical foul and was solid throughout
Hummels - 8.5 - MOTM - a beast in defence and showed leadership to take the ball high upfield at times. He's captain material in future, for sure.
Boateng - 8 - Had the unenviable task of marking Ronaldo and got the better of him more often than not, including a world class tackle to prevent a clear chance.
Khedira - 7 - Provided the cross to Gomez, albeit it being deviated by a Portuguese defender's arm
Schweinsteiger - 6.5 - Not his usual self, clearly still out of form.
Podolski - 5 - Only Loew knows why he wasn't subbed out. Persists in shooting practically every time he gets the ball, but his accuracy wasn't any good.
Oezil - 7 - Not too much wizardry from the creative player.
Mueller - 7.5 - Worked hard but his final pass was generally missing the attacker by inches. Missed a good chance in the first half.
Gomez - 8 - Great goal in what would have otherwise been his last action. Humorously, he has Boateng to thank who didn't notice the subs board and proceeded with starting the play again, leaving Klose waiting on the touchline. Unlucky in that he wasn't awarded another goal in the first half, with the referee inexplicably pulling play back in order to award a freekick to Germany.

Good one, i agree on everything.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team