You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Portugal will win
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: [2012-06-09] Germany vs Portugal

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm

1) Playing Lahm as LB is just stupid, even though he's still great there.
2) Has Bender ever played as RB before?
3) We finally have a squad that is not weak in any position, but I fear that we are going to have a lot of weaknesses in the team because of Loew's choices. Namely, RB and CB because I think Mertesacker will play, and possibly Podolski could also be one of these weak points.

I hope I am wrong, both on the lineups (i.e. no Mertesacker) and in my feeling about this tournament. I know that this is the best German team I can remember, but this is also the first time that I'm not confident of us winning an international tournament. It's the first time we're favourites in a long time, but whatever other people said in recent years I have always believed that Germany have what it takes to win. This time, I have a lot of doubts. :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:42 pm

no loew himself said that bender has never played RB before but in training he was amazing and loew has a very great feeling that Bender will do great

and yes lahm shouldve played RB and schmelzer(even though i think he is vastly overrated and hate him) as LB
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Germany's line up is pretty much set up except for the back 4, and I write it this way because even when 2 players of these 4 are rock solid starters (Badstuber and Lahm) the other 2 have an effect on how these 2 could perform.
Badstuber seems to work better next to Merta (based on how well they did in the last 2 years) but Merta after not playing for so many months is rusty, unfit, lacking touch and out of position. Hummels is a great CD but many claim he interrupts the flow of the game for Germany. Boateng could be abetter choice but Loew seems to be inclined to use him on the wing.
Lahm seems to be more effective overall on the right but the choices on the left are also a step below the rest of team. So, expect Lahm to stay on the Left.
Loew tried quite a few players as RB's recently, at one point I thought he would settle for Howedes or Boateng but both are liability when they go forward, they do not have the timing of a FB to know when to stay up or go back down. Bender is an excellent athlete, he reminds me Thomas Berthold or Stefan Reuter, both excellent Full backs but it remains to be seen if he has the trade skills for the position.
Loew tried different things specially since 2010, some worked, some didn't, notoriously playing 3 on the back as one of those things that failed on his face. Many think he was trying to accommodate the abundance in talent that he has in the midfield taking off a defender and playing Schweinsteiger and Kroos in front of Khedira (although he never had the opportunity to play them together) at the end he reversed back to what worked before, the Bender trial could make to the field but do not be surprised if after the Portugal game Boateng plays on the right, in WC 2010 Loew used 3 LB’s in the competition: Badstuber, Boateng and Jansen, he never found what he was looking for but got the result (the team did not lose because of the LB situation)
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Element wrote:no loew himself said that bender has never played RB before but in training he was amazing and loew has a very great feeling that Bender will do great

and yes lahm shouldve played RB and Schmelzer(even though i think he is vastly overrated and hate him) as LB

May be thats was Loew has noticed in the friendlies and training, so he just trust Boeteng as an RB more than Schmezler as a LB.
I dont really think Lahm as LB or Schruelle instead of Podolski is a problem.
In the game against Israel he played well, didnt score but he did deliver some nice crosses. Schrule got the balls 3 times and tried his luck 3 times, so I feel having him as a super-sub is a better role for him.

The only problem is Mertesacker ! I dont know whats all that talk of him having experience and all that sh*t, HE IS NOT GOOD!
May be his positioning is allright due to his experience but he sucks at everything else.
I was watching Germany v.s Portugal from 2006 world cup, he dipped to avoid the ball in a cross(Yeah Portugal scorred) !! What defender does that [-X [-X ?
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Why doesn't Schmelzer play at LB and let Lahm eat Ronaldo for supper?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm

I remember Lahm and Müller had a great partnership in the World Cup and when Özil was near them those 3 made sick stuff. I think Lahm should play RB because of that and because he has played RB in this last few months with Bayern.

I hope Löw knows what he is doing but I don't like this decision and I'm not a Lars Bender fan. He is good tackling and a rock solid CDM, but I'm not sure about his speed and his play on the wing

Jorge wrote:(the team did not lose because of the LB situation)

Milos Krasic disagrees with you
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Milos Krasic disagrees with you

Exactly
In fact TZ wrote a whole article about this

and they gave numbers

Krasic's Speed in his before his assisting Cross was around 30.5 KM/H (YEAH HE IS SUPER FAST)
Badstuber's Speed in his before the assisting Cross was around 19 KM/H

HUUUUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE
and after this game , Boateng became our Starting Fullback
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Joachim Loew is now on TV

He said that He will make his final decision Between Lars Bender and Jerome Boateng , and put the Starting 11 After the Last Training !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Jorge wrote:(the team did not lose because of the LB situation)

Milos Krasic disagrees with you

Well I did not know that Germany lost the World Cup in the game against Serbia.

I actually thought Loew found a fix after this loss and Germany played its best football after this game. Based on what I consider losing the World Cup (the game against Spain) Germany had quite a few problems before we even look at how Boateng and Jansen fell short in the Semifinal.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Element wrote:Joachim Loew is now on TV

He said that He will make his final decision Between Lars Bender and Jerome Boateng , and put the Starting 11 After the Last Training !!!

Did he play at that position before ?

I am mean like at Bayer or somthing.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Why doesn't Schmelzer play at LB and let Lahm eat Ronaldo for supper?

I am asking myself the same question. What I heard is that Loew likes Schmelzer going forward but he does not like his defensive skills. Being realistic if Merta plays and a speedy winger wins Schmelzer's back I see the ball on the net.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Element » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Element wrote:Joachim Loew is now on TV

LOEW ADDED THAT BENEDIKT HOEWEDES is not a candidate for the RB position because Loew sees him as CB mainly because of his strength and physical Attributes
BayernLeb wrote:Did he play at that position before ?

I am mean like at Bayer or somthing.

NO , Never

In Fact Joachim Loew himself said that Bender has never Played that Position
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Lahm-Badstuber-Höwedes-Boateng would be fine by me. Just... no more insane experiments, okay?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

quaazi wrote:Lahm-Badstuber-Höwedes-Boateng would be fine by me. Just... no more insane experiments, okay?

Or Lahm-Badstuber-Höwedes-Schmelzer
Or Lahm-Badstuber- Boateng -Schmelzer
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Hummels >>>>>>>>>>>> Höwedes even with the NT
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team