You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Germany will win
9
100%
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
Paraguay will win
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 9

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Jorge » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:14 pm

nonstoprammstein wrote:In all fairness, the players haven't been together in a long time. The Paraguayans looked more cohesive in the first half so I assume they have been practicing more. The sheer athleticism of the Germans held them at bay in the second half. Therefore, I am not worried, just as Löwe said after the US beat them. Sometimes it is better to not show all your cards leading up to a big event like the World Cup. Just my thoughts, I am open to critique! :lol:

I just want to highlight that this is the most mediocre Paraguayan side in recent history sitting on the bottom of the CONMEBOL qualification with just 8 points from 11 matches (33 possible points) and most of the players called for this game are new additions to the NT looking at rebuilding for the next cycle (2018).

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, Löwe has proven that he is not the man who will give Germany its 4th World Crown. It is not a secret for anyone that the Germans have right now the most talented, fun-to-watch and deep brand of Football in the world but they look shaky and vulnerable on the pitch with tactical approaches that remind us the Klinsmann's Bayern, that team that could win a game 6:0 and lose the next 0:6, add the poor player selection that Lowe is famous for and you can have the complete picture.

Germany had real chances gainst Spain in 2010 and Italy in 2012 and it was basically the coach who lost those games more than the players, specially versus Italy Germany had the player material to be 3 times better but looked flat, weak and unmotivated. As right now Lowe failed to deliver in big games and he will need to win 2 or 3 of those in Brazil which I do not see clearly based on how the team plays.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 1069 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Borusse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:26 pm

tflags wrote:
Borusse wrote:Average game from Hummels.


Average?


Ok, poor. :P

He did have a bad start to the season but I believe in him because he has the potential to be number one in the world and is my favourite player alongside Bender and Piszczek. :)

Best line-up for Germany is this one in my opinion:



Hummels has to play with Boateng because partnership with Mertesacker just won't work. They both are quite slow players and Hummels needs someone like Boateng next to him.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Borusse wrote:Best line-up for Germany is this one in my opinion:


Best lineup? Khedira for Gundogan?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9161
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 852 times
Been thanked: 2912 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Borusse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Schweinsteiger - Gundogan certainly won't work if thats what you're suggesting. Its either Schweinsteiger or Gundogan and Khedira or Bender, not Lars but Sven. For me Sven is, next to Martinez, the best tackler on the planet but I didnt want to put him in the first eleven because I was afraid of your reaction. :D
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I didn't watch the game yesterday but Hummels not playing well is starting to become more and more common. I'm not saying he's bad, but since EURO 2012 he hasn't been at his best in my opinion. Even last season he was a bit inconsistent.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31585
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8910 times
Been thanked: 7524 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I didn't watch the game yesterday but Hummels not playing well is starting to become more and more common. I'm not saying he's bad, but since EURO 2012 he hasn't been at his best in my opinion. Even last season he was a bit inconsistent.


Hummels; I believe has like a NT phobia... Yest I was discussing football with a friend of mine who happens to be a BVB fan (Maltese) and he agreed with me. It is like he fails to live up to his standard. However I still have faith in him. Certainly not Mertesacker of course.
Low shall try out this. p.s Gundogan in my humble opinion can displace either one from Schweinsteiger or Khedira any day... he is a superb player whom I think will be replacing Xavi at Barca very soon (another matter discussed with my friend)


Schurrle ready to step in as on of those 4 up front. Kroos & Gundogan & Bendner the others that have to be ready to step in...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27687
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22416 times
Been thanked: 6272 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Borusse wrote:
tflags wrote:
Borusse wrote:Average game from Hummels.


Average?


Ok, poor. :P

He did have a bad start to the season but I believe in him because he has the potential to be number one in the world and is my favourite player alongside Bender and Piszczek. :)

Best line-up for Germany is this one in my opinion:



Hummels has to play with Boateng because partnership with Mertesacker just won't work. They both are quite slow players and Hummels needs someone like Boateng next to him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH You left out your ex-"boyfriend" Goetze? :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32011
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5688 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Robb3449 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

My preferred lineup:


I'd stick with Hummels, at least for now, but Howedes is waiting in the wings. Sven Bender and Basti seem like the perfect pair in CDM. Like Borusse said Bender, or Javi lite, protecting the back four and being a destroyer and Basti doing what he can do better than anybody would be ideal. And if Basti were to get injured, which is plausible, the drop-off would be microscopic with Gundogan. I like Goetze in the #10 cuz he can keep the ball well enough and isn't so reliant on one foot. Either Gomez or Klose at the #9 like them both and they are still effective if given good service which they'll get.

However, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter because Low seems hell-bent on using Mertesacker, Khedeira, Podolski, and Ozil. I like Ozil and think he's a great player but don't think he necessarily fits in exactly to what this team needs. Perhaps he and Lars Bender could be the super subs. Khedeira is a good player but think he's better suited as a sub. The other two don't do much for me. Guess that's why they playing for Arsenal. :P Ohhh, a lot of work to be done before Brazil, at least there is time.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
User avatar
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:52 am
Location: Ohio, USA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Hummels is a great defender but he does need a pacy partner & one who knows how to play an offside line.. Per is just too slow & rather terrible of a defender so he's the worst possible partner for Hummels. Hummels & boateng together could end up being as effective as Hummels-Subotic/Dante-Boateng because they do complement each other very well. Mertesacker is a broken toy, a great coach would never pick him for a NT when there's so many other great choices.

So I agree in that aspect with our buddy the BVB fan here but I gotta say that I disagree very much with having Khedira ahead of Sven beside Schweinsteiger and for me, As good as he may be, Özil is not the best match for the players on te field & I would much rather have Götze or Kroos up there. Basically for me, any players that play outside of the Bundesliga are just a detriment to the German NT since I think that other players could be a much better fit, chemistry & system wise. The big problem with Germany right now is the fact that there is just too many choices of players where there can only fit 11 & sadly right now, the one picking the 11 is a 12 year old arrogant kid that thinks that he can field whomever he wants and it'll work when it's more than obvious that it just doesn't work.

I honestly think that Germany would be better off right now with no coach whatsoever & letting the captain and co-captain coach themselves & the rest of the players, they'd probable make a much different choice of line up.
User avatar
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:53 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Borusse » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:30 pm

MUTU wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAH You left out your ex-"boyfriend" Goetze? :mrgreen:


Jokes are on you, if you look back at my posts you will see that I put the exact same line-up even before Gotze's transfer. Ozil is better than him (opinion I already had before 2013) and Muller is Muller. :wink: Reus is also class. :wink: Gotze might replace Muller though but I think NT should stick with Thomas.
Last edited by Borusse on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Mia san Bayern » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Borusse wrote:Ozil is better than him

LOL
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
User avatar
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm
Location: the Netherlands
National Flag:
Albania
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Borusse » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

That is an opinion I already had before 2013. :wink: Ozil in NT > Ozil in Madrid. He plays great games for Germany and they need him. Can't see Gotze kicking him out.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby Mia san Bayern » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Like how great Ozil played against Paraguay. IMO Gotze is much more of a dynamic player than Ozil. Ozil has a great vision and is great in passing but he is a very static player and isn't very involved in it whereas Gotze is much more involved in the game in the midfield and in the attack. You can find him everywhere in the midfield. So that's why Gotze is a better player in my opinion.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
User avatar
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm
Location: the Netherlands
National Flag:
Albania
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby JJJ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 pm

In the past I always wanted Khedira and Özil to play in the first XI, just because they were playing in Madrid. Now I'd want Kroos/Götze to replace Özil and Khedira -> Gündogan/Bender.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

Image
User avatar
JJJ
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1633
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 379 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 pm

------------------------Neuer--------------------------
Lahm---------Boateng----Hummels------Schmelzer
------------Schweinsteiger---Khedira----------------


I think that should be the defensive part of the NT in the next few official games. Why Löw keeps playing MERTESACKER like against Paraguay or the USA is beyond me. Germany's defense always have this catastrophical performances when he is there

And the reason why I have Khedira instead Gündogan is basically because Sami is a great player with the NT while Gündogan lacks a little bit of physique in the final stages of the game and that's very important for a player in his position

-------------

And then we have 4 attacking places for a lot of players. My ideal choice at the moment would be

Müller-------------Özil--------------Götze
-------------------Reus--------------------
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1869 times
Been thanked: 1868 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to German National Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests