You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paraguay will win
No votes

Total votes : 9

Re: [2013-08-14] Germany vs Paraguay

Postby walter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice goal Bender, 3-3.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 pm

:shock: SCHURRLE MISSED
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm

3-3 FT #-o

The NT has sucked lately and maybe Loew has to ring some changes. Boateng needs to start in place of Mertesacker to at least have one fast CB. Ozil, as much magic as this kid has in his boots, he loses possession a lot and he's rather weak. Is it time for Kroos at CAM in the NT? Kroos is not as fast and creative as Ozil, but he sure is the best midfielder we have at maintaining possession. Bender is making a strong case for a bigger role in the NT, he performs almost every time he is given a chance.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby TexasBayernFan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks for the clarification on Lowe
TexasBayernFan
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Hey at least he would be with his 2 favourite players there..
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby walter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Der Bomber wrote:
walter wrote:terrible defending... if we don't fix this before the WC there's not much hope. We still have enough time though.

As soon as Germany has an actual DM like BVB Bender beside Bastian & as soon as Boateng gets the starter spot between Lahm & Hummels with Schmelzer, I believe that the defensive problems will be fixed. Ultimately, I blame Low entirely for this terrible defense since he picks the players to play & he chooses the tactics also which are usually very shaky in defense.

funny, I didn't read your comment until I had posted my previous comment. We coincided exactly on the same changes that are badly needed. I did go one step beyond and suggested Kroos for Ozil, but that one is more debatable.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

walter wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:
walter wrote:terrible defending... if we don't fix this before the WC there's not much hope. We still have enough time though.

As soon as Germany has an actual DM like BVB Bender beside Bastian & as soon as Boateng gets the starter spot between Lahm & Hummels with Schmelzer, I believe that the defensive problems will be fixed. Ultimately, I blame Low entirely for this terrible defense since he picks the players to play & he chooses the tactics also which are usually very shaky in defense.

funny, I didn't read your comment until I had posted my previous comment. We coincided exactly on the same changes that are badly needed. I did go one step beyond and suggested Kroos for Ozil, but that one is more debatable.

I'd go for Goetze instead of Oezil because Goetze doesn't lose the ball nearly as often as Oezil does, he's actually great with both feet as opposed to Oezil who is not that great with his right foot & Goetze is a better dribbler than Oezil also. I would personally put Kroos also ahead of Oezil since I am just not a big fan of Oezil & Kroos is just a brilliant player to keep the ball and he is just deadly outside the box so it puts one more thing to worry about for the other team playing vs Germany & i'd rather have a BVB/Bayern player in the starting 11 to keep a better chemistry & similar playstyle instead of a Madrid player.

My favourite starting 11 personally would be this one:

Neuer
Lahm-Boateng-Hummels-Schmelzer
Schweinsteiger-Bender(BVB)
Muller-Gotze-Reus
Gomez

Basically, it's all BVB & Bayern players and the right side of the field is all Bayern players while the left side of the field is all BVB players so Schmelzer would still be as comfortable defending & going up the field like he does in BVB since he would be surrounded with the same players so he'd probably be better overall within this setup as opposed to now & with an actual DM in Bender, Schweisteiger wouldn't have to overcompensate too much in defense & would be able to fully express himself offensively. Gomez would have so many options with those players behind him that I am sure he would be effective, otherwise I wouldn't mind having Klose up there or even Kroos as the CAM & Gotze up top or even Podolski since he is actually a striker that has been misused for so long as a LW.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby walter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 am

Der Bomber wrote:
I'd go for Goetze instead of Oezil because Goetze doesn't lose the ball nearly as often as Oezil does, he's actually great with both feet as opposed to Oezil who is not that great with his right foot & Goetze is a better dribbler than Oezil also. I would personally put Kroos also ahead of Oezil since I am just not a big fan of Oezil & Kroos is just a brilliant player to keep the ball and he is just deadly outside the box so it puts one more thing to worry about for the other team playing vs Germany & i'd rather have a BVB/Bayern player in the starting 11 to keep a better chemistry & similar playstyle instead of a Madrid player.

Neuer
Muller-Gotze-Reus
Gomez

Basically, it's all BVB & Bayern players and the right side of the field is all Bayern players while the left side of the field is all BVB players so Schmelzer would still be as comfortable defending & going up the field like he does in BVB since he would be surrounded with the same players so he'd probably be better overall within this setup as opposed to now & with an actual DM in Bender, Schweisteiger wouldn't have to overcompensate too much in defense & would be able to fully express himself offensively. Gomez would have so many options with those players behind him that I am sure he would be effective, otherwise I wouldn't mind having Klose up there or even Kroos as the CAM & Gotze up top or even Podolski since he is actually a striker that has been misused for so long as a LW.

I would wait to see what Pep ends up doing with Goetze. For now, how about changing your lineup as follow: Muller taking Gomez' place, Goetze taking Muller's place and Kroos playing as our CAM?
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby nonstoprammstein » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 am

I agree with Der Bomber. Just bring in Kroos, Schürrle, Gündoğan and other Bender when needed. Also, relieve Podolski, Mertesacker and Khedira from die Mannschaft. Mertesacker should have played up more to set the offside trap on that first goal. The other defenders were playing it perfectly and were relying on Per to follow along. Khedira had trouble all match controlling the ball which is why the second goal was scored. Schweinsteiger was sorely missed in this match. The third goal I give credit to the Paraguayans-well deserved.

The only addition I would add is by including Klopp as new trainer. Or maybe, Der Bomber, his vision is what we need. :D

In all fairness, the players haven't been together in a long time. The Paraguayans looked more cohesive in the first half so I assume they have been practicing more. The sheer athleticism of the Germans held them at bay in the second half. Therefore, I am not worried, just as Löwe said after the US beat them. Sometimes it is better to not show all your cards leading up to a big event like the World Cup. Just my thoughts, I am open to critique! :lol:
nonstoprammstein
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:45 am

walter wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:

Neuer
Muller-Gotze-Reus
Gomez

I would wait to see what Pep ends up doing with Goetze. For now, how about changing your lineup as follow: Muller taking Gomez' place, Goetze taking Muller's place and Kroos playing as our CAM?

Quite frankly, I would love for Muller to be a great striker but for now he doesn't seem to be since everytime that he played that role he wasn't all that great but personally he seems to have all the assets to be a good striker but he probably needs more practice at this position so for now I wouldn't put him there. Muller in my opinion should be the definite starter as the right wing for Germany since he has had a lot of practice at that position & became pretty great at it.

As I said, I love Kroos and he does add that threat from outside the box like nobody else in the Germany squad but if I was to put Gomez up top, I think that Goetze would be a better fit behind Gomez than Kroos since he is more dynamic on the ball & a bit better of a playmaker than Kroos & I think he would complement Gomez well.

If, on the other hand, Muller would become or be a great striker, then I would definitely be all for your choice of players but I am just not sure that he is up for the task for the time being. That being said, I really think & hope that he will eventually develop into a better striker & ultimately turn Germany into a more dynamic & unpredictable side since we will more technical & agile players behind him & Kroos being surrounded by Reus & Goetze would be the perfect mix of great playmaking & firepower with those 4 attackers.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Borusse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Average game from Hummels. Great ball to Muller for 2-2 but he made a mistake on the third goal for Paraguay, first one is very hard to judge. It was either Mertesacker breaking the offside line or Hummels going to far up front. Difficult to say. This partnership just doesnt work, Merte could play with Howedes, not with Hummels. Mats is too slow to play alongside Per.

Hummels should play with Boateng. Why didnt the latter play?
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Borusse wrote:Average game from Hummels.

Average?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team