You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-15] Germany vs Netherlands

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:17 am

Germany Win
100%
Draw
No votes
Netherlands Win
No votes

Total votes : 6

Re: [2011-11-15] Germany vs Netherlands (Friendly)

Postby eliasov » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:27 am

Great Match and i enojued the goals+the full domination both teams missed key players ...but honestly Jogi has to fix it ...and stop starting Mertesacker and Badstuber as CBs ...Hoewedes -Hummels or Hoewedes-Badstuber would work better but the badstuber-mertesacker combination sucks IMO , and Boateng is great RB:)
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 am

Am I the only one who can see a lot of parallels with history in Germany's recent fate?

Very close in 1966 - very close in 2006. Again so with 1970 and 2010 - and the golden boot won on both occasions by a certain lad named Müller...

Now come 2014, where Germany will have to overcome the dominant footballing philosophy - Total Football. Sorry, I mean Tiki-Taka.

Only time will tell.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 am

For God's sake who in the world can take Mertesacker OUT of the squad..? The commentators were laughing about the guy. I didn't like the defense to be honest. It was a brilliant we didn't have to face van Persie or Robben TBH. Badstuber didn't have a particularly outstanding game but then again he wasn't getting cards either.

Aogo and Podolski were completely out of place... again. It was a solid game for Kroos repeatedly in the NT but the triumvirate between Mueller, Oezil and Klose was simply too much for the Dutch.

On the other side of the pitch Snider looked like a hired gun while their best players continued to be Ryan Babel & Van der Wiel. I expected a bit more though from Babel and then Van der Wiel runs through the right fence looked menacing at times. Did I say hired gun? Sorry, I meant van Bommel. What is it with the ex and the unnecessary tackles on a friendly?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 pm

quaazi wrote:Am I the only one who can see a lot of parallels with history in Germany's recent fate?

Very close in 1966 - very close in 2006. Again so with 1970 and 2010 - and the golden boot won on both occasions by a certain lad named Müller...

Now come 2014, where Germany will have to overcome the dominant footballing philosophy - Total Football. Sorry, I mean Tiki-Taka.

Only time will tell.

Well, in 1974 we won the epitome of Total Football in WC 2014, despite being one goal down without any German player touch the ball in the first 2 minutes. Then Muller (another Muller) and Breitner led us to a big win, despite being the clear underdogs in that.

Hopefully history will repeat itself and we will beat the new-total football minded team in Euro 2012 final (and hopefully 2014 too).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby The Spyware » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 pm

we would have won the last Euro and World Cup if there wasn't Spain in it
and Spain will remain a problem in 2012
It's like Barca in the CL .. I believe we won't beat them unless Loew play with some guts , implement our game , not just be a reaction and only defends and depends on one or two counters , It was a very stupid tactic to play with in last world cup semi final although we could have played a totally different match and we were in much better form but Loew wook a completely wrong approach
So I hope if we were to play them again Loew must believe in our ability to OUTPLAY them and of course we can
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AvatarX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:19 pm

The Spyware wrote:we would have won the last Euro and World Cup if there wasn't Spain in it
and Spain will remain a problem in 2012
It's like Barca in the CL .. I believe we won't beat them unless Loew play with some guts , implement our game , not just be a reaction and only defends and depends on one or two counters , It was a very stupid tactic to play with in last world cup semi final although we could have played a totally different match and we were in much better form but Loew wook a completely wrong approach
So I hope if we were to play them again Loew must believe in our ability to OUTPLAY them and of course we can

It's very difficult (not to say impossible) to outplay Spain or Barca in their own game...despite Spain possession in that particular game being almost useless (not to mention the miraculous save from Casillas in Kroos shot)

Anyway, IMO they were very lucky in the last WC to beat us with a Puyol (1.78 m) header from a set piece, while we were playing without Muller (and after 2 very difficult knock-out games).

I am pretty sure that we'll win them the next time we face each other.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Previous

Return to German National Team