You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 am

johndear wrote:look at Torres...only score 15 in all games since 2011. still winning FA cup, CL, EU, Golden boot....

This comparison doesn't make much sense, because Torres was not their main striker. He only won these titles because of the other players.

johndear wrote:there will be alot of time when supporting cast might not able to create or having a bad game....then what you gonna use it him for..... he will be liable to the team in that respect....

Admittedly, this is the real problem with Gomez, and this is exactly why I want another world-class striker and why I want us to switch to a 2 striker formation against very defensive teams. It eases the pressure off Gomez and he'll have less defenders on him.

Now that doesn't look like it's going to happen, but with Shaqiri and hopefully Emre Can (who I hope will make the jump this year and impress) we now have alternatives for the supporting roles as well. If the support is not working well enough, we can make changes in this area and sometimes that will be enough to get Gomez to score.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby johndear » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
johndear wrote:look at Torres...only score 15 in all games since 2011. still winning FA cup, CL, EU, Golden boot....

This comparison doesn't make much sense, because Torres was not their main striker. He only won these titles because of the other players.

johndear wrote:there will be alot of time when supporting cast might not able to create or having a bad game....then what you gonna use it him for..... he will be liable to the team in that respect....

Admittedly, this is the real problem with Gomez, and this is exactly why I want another world-class striker and why I want us to switch to a 2 striker formation against very defensive teams. It eases the pressure off Gomez and he'll have less defenders on him.

Now that doesn't look like it's going to happen, but with Shaqiri and hopefully Emre Can (who I hope will make the jump this year and impress) we now have alternatives for the supporting roles as well. If the support is not working well enough, we can make changes in this area and sometimes that will be enough to get Gomez to score.

I didn't really trying to compare with Torres.... what i'm trying to say is having goals are not very important since there a few strikers who score alot and still end up in man land. scoring when it matter is count. Gomez has proved some game against Inter and Real pass two years but still not enough as he is cold or hot and mostly not show up in big must win game.
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 am

But when does it matter? Taking just the Champions League in perspective, do you think Bayern would have made it past the group stage if not for Gómez's goals? Or past Real Madrid without that last minute winner in the first leg?

Or is it the goals in finals that count? Myself and the Bayern board prefer to lose in the final than to get eliminated in the group stage... So, in a way, the group stage matches are more important than the final, because they make the final actually possible. Gomez did not score in the final but he took the team there. Someone like Aguero may have scored in the Champions League final, but because he didn't do it often enough in the group stages, his team didn't make it past the groups.

So, think about it, which are the important goals? How would you like a striker that scores in the big games but because he chokes in the other games your team doesn't get the chance to play in important matches? Then he is completely useless.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 am

MUTU wrote:But when does it matter? Taking just the Champions League in perspective, do you think Bayern would have made it past the group stage if not for Gómez's goals? Or past Real Madrid without that last minute winner in the first leg?

Or is it the goals in finals that count? Myself and the Bayern board prefer to lose in the final than to get eliminated in the group stage... So, in a way, the group stage matches are more important than the final, because they make the final actually possible. Gomez did not score in the final but he took the team there. Someone like Aguero may have scored in the Champions League final, but because he didn't do it often enough in the group stages, his team didn't make it past the groups.

So, think about it, which are the important goals? How would you like a striker that scores in the big games but because he chokes in the other games your team doesn't get the chance to play in important matches? Then he is completely useless.

So to be complete as a team and win some trophies (cause no-one remembers the second team), we need a Gomez type of striker for the group stages and an Aguero type for the finals :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 am

Yes, we do maybe. But if I were to choose between the two, then Gomez is better, on virtue that he can actually take us there.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 am

johndear wrote:I didn't really trying to compare with Torres.... what i'm trying to say is having goals are not very important since there a few strikers who score alot and still end up in man land. scoring when it matter is count. Gomez has proved some game against Inter and Real pass two years but still not enough as he is cold or hot and mostly not show up in big must win game.

Apart from what MUTU said, in general it is the team which works hardest that wins. This year it was not so in Chelsea's case, but it usually is.

Some strikers may win trophies by not doing almost anything, but they do so because their teammates are working hard for him. IMO, most of the time Gomez does his job well. Yes, he does get off-games, but everyone does, even Messi. I think that in the past year some players were having much more off-days than Gomez. It's very rare that one man manages to carry an entire team on his shoulders in modern football. Gomez is doing his job well, even if he sometimes doesn't score when it matters. In many games he scores the only goals, making up for the mistakes of others. It's not his fault that the others don't make up for him when he himself is having a bad day.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby machkover » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 am

MoFattal wrote:

The bastard is a lucky charm. We should buy him no matter how much he costs. No need to play him or anything, just include his name as part of the matchday squad. In the end, we will be celebrating the treble this time next year!

No need for torres !! Pizzaro will do the job perfectly if JH allowes him enough playing time !! =D> or our belved Gomez will do it if he learns to dribble a little better !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:26 am

is this thread about Gomiss ???? :!: :!: :!: :twisted: a striker's job is to score goals as regularly as posssible ! gomiss does not have this word "regular" in his repertoire ! that's all !! still, we expect a lot from him and from pizza next season ! and for the Shaqiri lovers , don't expect much from him #-o : he simply won't have much playing time unless someone gets injured for a long period !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:13 am

machkover wrote:he simply won't have much playing time unless someone gets injured for a long period

This unfortunately, especially since Robben didn't stay long at the EC.

I'm confident he'll have made a breakthrough by 2014 though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:42 pm

machkover wrote:is this thread about Gomiss ???? :!: :!: :!: :twisted: a striker's job is to score goals as regularly as posssible ! gomiss does not have this word "regular" in his repertoire ! that's all !! still, we expect a lot from him and from pizza next season ! and for the Shaqiri lovers , don't expect much from him #-o : he simply won't have much playing time unless someone gets injured for a long period !!

Yeah, 80 goals in two seasons is not regular enough. Gomez sucks, there are actually matches in which he doesn't score a single goal! Not one!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to German National Team