You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 pm

He can't do against a pressure team.
But that is the downfall of Bayern anyway :/

"What's the capital of Greece?"
"Roughly €0.10"
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby machkover » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:47 am

Jorge wrote:..........If I had a choice I would start from scratch: new coach, new captain and I would start the WC cycle without some of the trademark players (Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Gomez and Klose)...............

"agreed with most of what you said except including Gomiss in trademark players !! he is not regular to confirm it at all !! [-X [-X
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:52 am

BayernLove wrote:Sorry bro. Klose is losing his touch. Both proverbially and literally. I'm neutral about Gomez and I <3 <3<3<3 Klose but he is not who we are used to.
Same for Löw he is losing his tactical perfectness which got us to the SF of WC 2010. Both have a dire need to be replaced at once.

you are right , klose is no longer the klose we used to know in verder or bayern ! however he is now far better than the guy /g..y !
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 am

machkover wrote:
walter wrote:As much as I like Klose I think it is time for him to close the curtain on his international career. He would end his career with dignity because it's the right time for him and that way he wont suffer the same destiny as Ballack.

in your dreams !! you want the girlish gomiss to take his place !! if only he can do it properly and score regularly as Klose did for a long time , we would applaude him but his horrible misses are famous worldwide now . if i were lOw i would never call on him :evil: !!

Once upon a time, Gomez made a bad first impression at Bayern, and you decided you will start hating him. Ever since then, because you are stubborn, you wanted to stick to your point, so as not to seem like you lost the argument. Your obsession with hating him has become so great that you are actually believing it: you actually think that Klose is more prolific than Gomez, yet the statistics show the exact opposite.

When Klose was the same age as Gomez, he had played a comparable number of minutes as Gomez for the national team (probably more than Gomez). Klose at Gomez's age had 20 international goals. Gomez has 25, that's an extra 25%. They aren't even on the same level.

Yet because Klose hadn't given you a bad first impression, you were probably cheering him at the time, and calling him world-class, despite scoring less. Unless on Sunday he's overtaken by some other player in the scoring charts, Mario Gomez will win the top scorer award despite only playing 282 minutes (just over 3 matches). At the same time, the guy you love played 168 minutes (almost 2 matches), scoring a single goal in an empty net.

Will you just stop, look at the statistics and think "maybe I was too hard on this guy?" I personally was against Gomez after his bad first impression but once he started bagging in the goals I grew to love him. I just hate how others have remained so stubborn and that's why I defend him so much.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 pm

... my last post made me want to check the stats. I was wrong in that Klose had played more minutes when he was Gomez's age, but Gomez was still more prolific (goals per minute) than Klose at his age. Read my full analysis on the blog article here: blog/mario-gomez-vs-miroslav-klose
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 pm

MUTU wrote: Read my full analysis on the blog article

Hehehe bro you really want to make a point clear :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby machkover » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:13 pm

MUTU wrote:... my last post made me want to check the stats. I was wrong in that Klose had played more minutes when he was Gomez's age, but Gomez was still more prolific (goals per minute) than Klose at his age. Read my full analysis on the blog article here: blog/mario-gomez-vs-miroslav-klose

you made it clear to my mind that gomez might be good when he gets enough experience . thanks though !!! =D>
p.s : don't you think 2 years at bayern are enough to show and improve one's potential and capacities !! he was way better and "effecient" when he was with stutgart ! why did his level dropped so surprisingly ?????? !! :?:
Last edited by machkover on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:19 pm

machkover wrote:
MUTU wrote:... my last post made me want to check the stats. I was wrong in that Klose had played more minutes when he was Gomez's age, but Gomez was still more prolific (goals per minute) than Klose at his age. Read my full analysis on the blog article here: blog/mario-gomez-vs-miroslav-klose

you made it clear to my mind that gomez might be good when he gets enough experience . thanks though !!! =D>
p.s : don't you think 2 years at bayern aren't enough to show and improve one's potential and capacities !! he was way better when he was with stutgart ! why did his level dropped so surprisingly?????? !! :?:

This is incorrect. The statistics show that his goalscoring rate while at at Bayern is clearly higher at both club and national team levels as opposed to when he was at Stuttgart. The only thing that changed was his style: from a counter-attacking striker, to a poacher and nowadays in a role which is not clearly defined as he's starting to track back far more than a poacher does. In any way, the more his career progressed, the more goals he scored.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm

In terms of accomplishments: Gomez = Klose

That what really matters!!!
I don’t care if Petersen is our main Striker, the main thing is to win Major Trophies.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Okay then! Petersen is the new main striker for the NT :mrgreen:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Probably the best of all would be Podolski with 44 goals @ 27 y.o. ... 8-)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Gomez is a beast!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby johndear » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:16 pm

BayernLeb wrote:In terms of accomplishments: Gomez = Klose

That what really matters!!!
I don’t care if Petersen is our main Striker, the main thing is to win Major Trophies.

Trophies what really matter---look at Torres the worst record in scoring the whole season (worst than Klose)...then a lot of titles......
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby johndear » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

you have put into account that Gomez requires significant support to be successful (to score goals) , there will be alot of time when supporting cast might not able to create or having a bad game....then what you gonna use it him for..... he will be liable to the team in that respect....

as you know .....unless you have all supporting cast providing Gomez (Ribery and Robben at Bayern) still he can't product nothing against BVB for long time.

I would say only thing Gomez would benefit is being a super sub or playing with team who will not deeply defensive.

I still don't think we can rely on Gomez to win Title....he can score goals 1000 but without title then what is the purpose......

look at Torres...only score 15 in all games since 2011. still winning FA cup, CL, EU, Golden boot....
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 am

johndear wrote:look at Torres...only score 15 in all games since 2011. still winning FA cup, CL, EU, Golden boot....

The bastard is a lucky charm. We should buy him no matter how much he costs. No need to play him or anything, just include his name as part of the matchday squad. In the end, we will be celebrating the treble this time next year!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team