You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:08 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Things that went wrong in this tournament IMO

things that went wrong :
- Playing Lahm as LB with no real RB
- Schweini out of form
- Lack of winning DNA. Now that belongs to Spain
- Podolski
- Löw game plan against Italy

I wanted to see the team that played in the qualifiers for this Euro. That team was awesome, fast, dynamic and effective. It was like the mature German NT version of the world cup.

Lack of winning DNA or fighting spirit as i like to call it was the only thing the germans lacked last night . impossible to see the team that played in the qualifiers simply because "we" were playing against the best teams in europe !! i wish the Italian will keep on their good track and win the title !
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:13 pm

It really doesn't make sense though, everyone including the NT themselves were acting confident (even over-confident), and Löw seemed to do no wrong -- so it's hard to tell in one-off games like this why everything went so badly. none of our back 4 seemed ready for it. I think they, like everyone else, assumed a traditional defensive Italy -- yet Italy in this tournament has been trained to be more attacking. This was like the 2010 CL final all over again between Bayern and Inter where we were too over-confident and got surprised or forgot to show up.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:36 pm

machkover wrote: Lack of (...) fighting spirit as i like to call it was the only thing the germans lacked last night .

Germany conceded 13 fouls in the whole game, and a single yellow card (for arguing). Look at our defensive 6:
Hummels: 2 fouls
Bads: 2 fouls
Boateng: 1 foul
Lahm: ZERO foul
Khedira: 0 foul
Schweinsteiger: 2 fouls

Can somebody at least give a little push to an Italian?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:20 pm

I always said Lahm was not captain material and I agree that Neuer can become a better captain. But one thing that Neuer must really improve is his ball control/clearance. Since the mistakes he did in the Bundesliga, he is risking much less and just clears the ball whenever he receives a back pass.

But there is always that one situation, where he controls the ball and he chooses the wrong situation to do so (when the back pass was more like a weak shot (Lahm's fault) and the opponent was much closer than the other situations). I am always a little scared when he receives a back pass to be honest. I think even against Greece, he once controlled the ball and tried to dribble past an opponent and was fouled. He was playing with fire IMO.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Mazen96 wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Agree. What a difference would have been the existence of a player like this with today's quality...

I think Neuer will grow into that kind of player. Too bad the rest are a bunch of pussies.

watch your words please !!! schveiny lahm and hummels are not pussies at all (they are Bayern born tigers )!!
as for today's quality i guess Germany will be able to beat italy only if Bayern manages to win against dortmund !! :twisted: :twisted:
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Jorge wrote:
machkover wrote: Lack of (...) fighting spirit as i like to call it was the only thing the germans lacked last night .

Germany conceded 13 fouls in the whole game, and a single yellow card (for arguing). Look at our defensive 6:
Hummels: 2 fouls
Bads: 2 fouls
Boateng: 1 foul
Lahm: ZERO foul
Khedira: 0 foul
Schweinsteiger: 2 fouls

Can somebody at least give a little push to an Italian?

Nice stats. Its really simple.

If you want to win you must tackle the opponent and get the ball, or fight for it when its loose - not step back chickened and cry to a ref for playing dangerous as Kroos did...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

machkover wrote:
Mazen96 wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Agree. What a difference would have been the existence of a player like this with today's quality...

I think Neuer will grow into that kind of player. Too bad the rest are a bunch of pussies.

watch your words please !!! schveiny lahm and hummels are not pussies at all (they are Bayern born tigers )!!
as for today's quality i guess Germany will be able to beat italy only if Bayern manages to win against dortmund !! :twisted: :twisted:

I wasn't directing it at Schweini, Lahm and Hummels ( All 3 sucked yesterday though, but Schweini is excused because he's coming off an injury). It was directed at people like Kroos and Podolski.
Last edited by Mazen96 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Mazen96 wrote:[
I wasn't directing it at Schweini, Lahm and Hummels ( All 3 sucked yesterday though, but Schweini is excused because he's coming off an injury), it was directed at people like Kroos and Podolski.

you forgot our super striker whom some still like very much !!! :twisted:
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 pm

walter wrote:As much as I like Klose I think it is time for him to close the curtain on his international career. He would end his career with dignity because it's the right time for him and that way he wont suffer the same destiny as Ballack.

in your dreams !! you want the girlish gomiss to take his place !! if only he can do it properly and score regularly as Klose did for a long time , we would applaude him but his horrible misses are famous worldwide now . if i were lOw i would never call on him :evil: !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Sorry bro. Klose is losing his touch. Both proverbially and literally. I'm neutral about Gomez and I <3 <3<3<3 Klose but he is not who we are used to.
Same for Löw he is losing his tactical perfectness which got us to the SF of WC 2010. Both have a dire need to be replaced at once.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

walter wrote:
quaazi wrote:With Kroos, yes, bu Podolski? I mean, Reus and Müller can do all the backpasses he does, but also occasionally threaten going forward.

I do agree with you there. No point in Poldi other than perhaps having a natural left footed player aiming to supply crosses to our big man upfront. Poorly justifiable though.

did you count the crosses your big man upfront get in the first half !! he touched only one and headed it too wide away from buffon's right post !! :oops: :oops: !! shame on him !!!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Zer0 Bayern wrote:Kroos and Podolski pussies as usual. Gomez is playing? In decisive matches he f*** it up. Badstuber and Lahm defending so silly. The bunch of losers strike again. Sorry, sad but true

"Sad" yes! "true" No . you seem to forget that they aren't losers at all against us !! inter / ac milan and germany !! i am waiting for revenge patiently !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I always said Lahm was not captain material and I agree that Neuer can become a better captain. But one thing that Neuer must really improve is his ball control/clearance. Since the mistakes he did in the Bundesliga, he is risking much less and just clears the ball whenever he receives a back pass.

But there is always that one situation, where he controls the ball and he chooses the wrong situation to do so (when the back pass was more like a weak shot (Lahm's fault) and the opponent was much closer than the other situations). I am always a little scared when he receives a back pass to be honest. I think even against Greece, he once controlled the ball and tried to dribble past an opponent and was fouled. He was playing with fire IMO.

Lord no. He should leave his on the ball skills exactly as they are.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Borrusia Mönchengladbach anyone? Quazzi fails to make his point again!
*Trumpets play*
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Considering the amount of times he is on the ball the occasional screwup is a statistical certainty. It's just a coincidink that they were both against the same team.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team