You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby hgb09 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 pm

BayernLeb wrote:
tflags wrote:
walter wrote:I will also favor Klose over Gomez because he plays in the Italian league and didn't see to have much of a problem with Italian defenders.

Napolitanias all over the world thank you for your contribution :P ; they are still trying to forget Mario's same-half hat trick against them. A missed penalty on their home soil gives them hope, but then the almost furthest goal in CL history haunts them back... :P

True, but again Napoli are not a good italian example their deffence is not great.

Anws Klose was good in Serie A, but does any one now if he scored against the big teams ?
Juve,Milan..

Yes he did
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Imagine if Klose comes in and scores from offside. Prandelli (ex- Fiorentina coach) will be living a deja-vu :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby machkover » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:40 pm

the only weak point in Germany so far is Boateng !! he really needs to improve in the two last remaining games ! my whole body shakes and my heart shrinks every time he has the ball ; these games are simply not his ! ( though i still remember a decisive ball he took away from Ronaldo) =D> .but i do believe that he will gain more experience in the next coming national matches !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Yea, Boateng is playing his typical overconfident style. He needs to be much more focused on the game
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:58 pm

machkover wrote:Mind you !! "we" are playing against ITALY , not Mainze or hoffenheime . . ab strong fighting spirit is the key word to a win ! and throughout the season kroos showed he has none of that at all, let alone when he performes against a Great national team !

Don't get me wrong, I of course want Schweini to play and it looks like he will make it. I wouldn't be afraid if Kroos had to play though
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Kroos can still own Pirlo...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby machkover » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm

MUTU wrote:Kroos can still own Pirlo...

you are right Kroos at his best can own pirlo =D> . but schveiny at his best can own the whole middfield on his own and he proved it many times both with Bayern and with the national team =D> =D> , while Kroos proved he could own an oponent only when he was in neverkusen !!! i always wonder why he won't get back to that level with Bayern !! :?:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Kroos will not play high enough to try to negate Pirlo through marking. At most, he can hold possession and deprive Pirlo of the ball, but that's not exactly waht I would call "owning". Schweinsteiger is actually good at marking (remember what he did to Messi in 2010?), with Kroos the brunt of the defense responsibility will fall on Khedira, who has been excellent in his all-around play in the Euros so far. I am afraid playing Kroos might stunt Khedira's great form too.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm just going ahead and compare player to player with Germany's group match formation to Italy's vs England

Neuer > Buffon
Lahm > Balzaretti
Badstuber = Barzagli
Hummels > Bonucci
Boateng > Abate
Khedira > Montolivo
Schweinsteiger = Pirlo (usually Schweinsteiger is better, but he's currently out of form due to injury)
Podolski < de Rossi (de Rossi was the closest thing to a LM)
Oezil > Cassano
Mueller > Marchisio
Gomez > Balotelli

On paper, Germany should win easily. But of course, football is a team game. And there's luck & cheating involved.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm just going ahead and compare player to player with Germany's group match formation to Italy's vs England

Neuer > Buffon
Lahm > Balzaretti
Badstuber = Barzagli
Hummels > Bonucci
Boateng > Abate
Khedira > Montolivo
Schweinsteiger = Pirlo (usually Schweinsteiger is better, but he's currently out of form due to injury)
Oezil > Cassano
Mueller > Marchisio
Gomez > Balotelli

On paper, Germany should win easily. But of course, football is a team game. And there's luck & cheating involved.

Agree on almost everything, but I'd say Abate is equal to Boateng (as a fullback). Also judging by current form Pirlo is better than Schweini and not equal, although I agree that at his best Schweini is better.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Also judging by current form Pirlo is better than Schweini and not equal, although I agree that at his best Schweini is better.

Depends if you base Schweini's form on the Greece match (misplaced passes), the Holland match (two great assists) or somewhere in between. I went for somewhere in between.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAGHU » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:43 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm just going ahead and compare player to player with Germany's group match formation to Italy's vs England

Neuer > Buffon
Lahm > Balzaretti
Badstuber = Barzagli
Hummels > Bonucci
Boateng > Abate
Khedira > Montolivo
Oezil > Cassano
Mueller > Marchisio
Gomez > Balotelli

you missed out chellini, he is expected to be fit but not sure.. de rossi and abate also on injury
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ChicagoBayern » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Has anyone heard anything credible about cheillini? He's a rock back there for them.

Also, if I were Low, my three attacking players would be reus on the left, gomez up top, and mueller on the right.
ChicagoBayern
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 pm

I just hope we can break the Italian jinx. Defense will be key again for them, so we have to break them down.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team