You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-29] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Germany will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
50%
Italy will win
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2016-03-29] Germany vs Italy

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:dai gigione... :lol:
Well Italy in the euros won't be the one we saw yesterday...
Verratti Marchisio in CM
and Forwards : Pelle and another...
by the way italian sp prog reported that Conte was stunned by Loew... The former was expecting a 4-2-3-1 ...

I am not sure that from the midfield up Italy will be substantially better but the backline definitely will be much better. The Gotze header is unconceivable.
Italy has been in a good run since the World Cup unbeaten in competitive matches; although they had to fight hard to beat the great team of Malta twice in Euro qualification :wink:

not to mention that the goal they scored in italy was a clear hand of god...

I saw it better from other vids but cannot find them...

P.S Italy always struggle vs the low rated teams cause they are unable to play their game...
Remember the games vs cyprus, azerbaijan and smaller teams... and what about their wcs 2010 and 2014
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:P.S Italy always struggle vs the low rated teams cause they are unable to play their game...
Remember the games vs cyprus, azerbaijan and smaller teams... and what about their wcs 2010 and 2014

Or versus the USA in 2006 and let's not even go back to 1966 when they lost to North Korea. In general Italy is its own animal in Football, they don't run over the opponents but they are hard to beat. In tournaments they start slow but grow with the competition.
A good example was WC 1982 when they tied all 3 games in the first group stage (vs Poland, Peru and Cameroon) scoring only 2 goals which earned them a 2nd round group with favorite Argentina and Brazil. I remember at the time how everyone thought they had ZERO chance of surviving and they beat them both before marching on to win the World Cup crushing Poland (SF) and West Germany (F).
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm

and Australia in 2006
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:and Australia in 2006

You can hear their best commentators admitting that it wasn't a penalty... Hiddink is one unlucky manager.
Can you see how close was the ref and he gave the penalty anyway... clearly favorized.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Jorge wrote:
zozon wrote:
Jorge wrote:The Gotze header is unconceivable

Messi scored from a header in a CL final against Vidic and Ferdinand, so...

Also a lot of small guys score a header goals, so that unconceivable myth is busted.

For every goal that a small player scores with the head there are about 100 goals that they don't score with the head.

Ridiculous claim. It's the same when big players dont score with their feet.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:29 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:Well I was extremely happy and the wife not so much. went to a local pub and watched the game and she just kept yelling at the Tv in Italian "come on GIGI" lol

I took a great picture of her just defeated it was great. I dont know what the rules are on pics

Only if she is OK with you posting it. :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:39 pm

zozon wrote:Ridiculous claim. It's the same when big players dont score with their feet.

Let me recap what I know:
1) The short player's head stands below a taller player's head.
2) The feet of a tall player stand at the same level of a short player's feet

What's the name of this game?
Last edited by Jorge on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:54 pm

True, that was the round of 16 match and it meant Italy being knocked out. Some believe it was a make-up call for the 2002 game versus South Korea.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby 1911 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Jogi said we played a back 3. What was the formation? 3-4-3?
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 pm

A back 3 would be the best for Germany...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby 1911 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

JANCKER wrote:A back 3 would be the best for Germany...

It might be. It would solve the issue regarding our lack of world class full backs.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:57 pm

JANCKER wrote:

You can hear their best commentators admitting that it wasn't a penalty... Hiddink is one unlucky manager.
Can you see how close was the ref and he gave the penalty anyway... clearly favorized.

F'oxx kemm ghandhom... ja mafia demel............. :evil: my apologies for my foul language...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:55 am

1911 wrote:Jogi said we played a back 3. What was the formation? 3-4-3?

This is an old discussion: in a defensive line of 5 men are the wide players defenders or midfielders? Think about the last time that Germany played with a sweeper and two stoppers and two wide players starting offensive play from the back, probably the 90's: were the wide players: Brehme, Wagner, Reuter, Ziege midfielders? In such formation the most accepted term is "wing-backs" but most of these guys played at club level in a line of 4 and they were not used as midfielders: they were used as defenders (fullbacks) which brings us to the question: are Jonas Hector and Sebastian Rudy midfielders? Rudy certainly, Hector isn't. But were Rudy's duties mainly defensive or offensive in this game? I can say that his main function was supporting the build up from the back with occasional offensive bursts to the offensive half. One more fact: if anyone still believes that they are midfielders in Low's scheme: do they stand a chance to be picked ahead of the other midfielders by trade on the bench? No, they were on the field because they had defensive functions to fulfill above anything else.

Low can say what he wants, unless that he plays his best midfielders wide, a formation like this one is 1-5-2-3 (I always start with a "1" because in Germany's (or Bayern's) scheme the goalkeeper doubles as a light sweeper.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 am

Jorge wrote:
1911 wrote:Jogi said we played a back 3. What was the formation? 3-4-3?

This is an old discussion: in a defensive line of 5 men are the wide players defenders or midfielders? Think about the last time that Germany played with a sweeper and two stoppers and two wide players starting offensive play from the back, probably the 90's: were the wide players: Brehme, Wagner, Reuter, Ziege midfielders? In such formation the most accepted term is "wing-backs" but most of these guys played at club level in a line of 4 and they were not used as midfielders: they were used as defenders (fullbacks) which brings us to the question: are Jonas Hector and Sebastian Rudy midfielders? Rudy certainly, Hector isn't. But were Rudy's duties mainly defensive or offensive in this game? I can say that his main function was supporting the build up from the back with occasional offensive bursts to the offensive half. One more fact: if anyone still believes that they are midfielders in Low's scheme: do they stand a chance to be picked ahead of the other midfielders by trade on the bench? No, they were on the field because they had defensive functions to fulfill above anything else.

Low can say what he wants, unless that he plays his best midfielders wide, a formation like this one is 1-5-2-3 (I always start with a "1" because in Germany's (or Bayern's) scheme the goalkeeper doubles as a light sweeper.

You seem to know your tactics quite well. The modern interpretation of 343 uses wingbacks (which are very attacking fullbacks or very defending wingers), but i think a middle 4 consisting of 3 midfielders and a FB has been tried occasionally. If I'm not mistaken, Juventus sometimes fields Pogba in the nominal LWB role (which results in a narrower formation). That being said, I don't think Löw is going to try such oddities with so little time to perfect the system.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Previous

Return to German National Team