You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Postby MatchBot » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Germany vs Greece

Germany vs Greece
Competition: Euro 2012
Venue: PGE Arena Gdańsk, Gdańsk (neutral venue)

In the quarterfinals of Euro 2012, Germany will face Group B runners-up Greece, who will be missing the services of their captain Karagounis through suspension, but who will be more rested through virtue of having played their last group match a day earlier.

If Germany win, they will set a new record for the amount of consecutive competitive victories for national teams.

To note that the stadium, PGE Arena Gdańsk, looks very much like a golden Allianz Arena.

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 pm

I think it was even designed by the same company/person/alien god of the desert moon of Perseus IV.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 pm

MatchBot wrote:To note that the stadium, PGE Arena Gdansk, looks very much like a golden Allianz Arena

Well Bayern do have a good record at the Allianz :mrgreen:
Last edited by BayernLove on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:26 pm

BayernLove wrote:Well Bayern do have a good record at the Allianz

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I hope it doesn't turn into another Bayern vs Chelsea

I watched Greece twice in this Euro and I'm not impressed at all. They played defensive football but their defense looked really weak to me. I hope they don't score first with a lucky goal in a counter attack or a SET PIECE.

BTW AvatarX, how much important is Karagounis absence for Greece?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I hope it doesn't turn into another Bayern vs Chelsea

There is a strong possibility IMO if Germany is not effective in attack.

YlonenXabi wrote:I watched Greece twice in this Euro and I'm not impressed at all.

Well, tbh they don't have the players needed to play "beautiful" football. But they are strong team, with a lot of passion and determination in their play. Also you should keep in mind that some of their players play(ed) for BL teams.

YlonenXabi wrote:They played defensive football but their defense looked really weak to me.

Well, in general they play good defence (they had one of the best defences during qualifications). If you watched the first 2 games, they had many problems in defence with their LB (Cholevas) and an emergency CB due to suspensions in the second game vs Czech. Now Tzavelas (Eintracht - to Monaco on loan) is playing there, and with Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke), Papastathopoulos (Werder) and Torosidis they looked more solid.

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW AvatarX, how much important is Karagounis absence for Greece?

Well, it is a big absence, especially in the morale area. He was a part of the 2004 Euro winning team and always shows a lot of passion in his play. Also he is good with taking set-pieces. But in general I believe his sub (probably Ninis, Fetfatzidis or Fotakis - Kaiserslautern) might have less experience (all of them are about 19-22 y.o.), but they are more technical gifted.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Yea, I know a lot of Greek players play/played in BL :) There is also Theofanis Gekas over there.

And I really like Samaras. He is not world class and he is not technically gifted but he is a very intelligent player and knows perfectly how to use his body.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Also there is another factor that will play a role.

Greek players will give their everything to the game because of the economic/political situation.

This is due to the fact that most Greek people are angry against Germany because of Germany's aggressive economic politics (they give loans to Greece with very high interest rates, enforcing a strict frugality - cruel measures that have led a lot of people to poverty while the original problem was mostly the corruption of the politicians).

IMO it will come down to when the first goal will be scored. If Germany scores in the first 20 minutes, it will be an easy and big win. If after HT the score is still 0-0 there will be a risk of a surprise.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby BayernLeb » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Ninis is probably the best choice.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm

hohohohohohohoo.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby The Spyware » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I only watched them against Russia and man they defended Very Very well and they were giving it 300% , They were a copy of 2004 and as Nikos said with current hatred towards Germany they will be even more poised

They will cause us a lot of problems IMO , we need to step up a gear
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:15 pm

AvatarX wrote:Also there is another factor that will play a role.

Greek players will give their everything to the game because of the economic/political situation.

This is due to the fact that most Greek people are angry against Germany because of Germany's aggressive economic politics (they give loans to Greece with very high interest rates, enforcing a strict frugality - cruel measures that have led a lot of people to poverty while the original problem was mostly the corruption of the politicians).

IMO it will come down to when the first goal will be scored. If Germany scores in the first 20 minutes, it will be an easy and big win. If after HT the score is still 0-0 there will be a risk of a surprise.

Whaaaat? This is like wanting to buy a house and going to the banks to ask for a loan. All but one bank refuse to give you a loan, and the only one that does gives you a high interest rate. You'd generally say a big thank you to the one that gives you the loan. If you really don't like it, then just don't take it, as simple as that.

Bottom line: Greeks should be the ones thankful to Germans, and Germans should be the ones angry to Greeks because they are taking their money with no guarantee that it will be returned back one day.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Sydaney » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Watching their first 2 games I thought Greece were one of the weakest teams of the tournament (along with Ireland) and their defence looked shaky agaisnt the Czechs, obv with those 2 blitzkrieg goals (though a defender was suspended). Didn't see Russia match.

I can't see them being much of a goal threat without their Captain (unfortunate), but staunch defenders. Their heroics to get out of the group stage will prob end now, but who knows... :mrgreen:
Sydaney
Getting the hang of it

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:46 am

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Also there is another factor that will play a role.

Whaaaat? This is like wanting to buy a house and going to the banks to ask for a loan. All but one bank refuse to give you a loan, and the only one that does gives you a high interest rate. You'd generally say a big thank you to the one that gives you the loan. If you really don't like it, then just don't take it, as simple as that.

Bottom line: Greeks should be the ones thankful to Germans, and Germans should be the ones angry to Greeks because they are taking their money with no guarantee that it will be returned back one day.

I agree BUT... There is another side to it. Let's say your asshole friend takes all your money,spends it on things that don't benefit you. You can only find one bank, albeit with high interest. Your asshole "friend" gets none of the shit for it and you need to work hard to repay the bank. You would be pretty pissed.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 am

There is more to it than high rates and poor people. Rates are high on any loan given to a risky loaner. No offense whatsoever to Greece, but like many countries including mine defaulting have been a matter of fact. High risk, high yields.

Germany is not Mr. Scrooge either; China and Venezuela are lenders of high risk debtors and their interest rates would make Germany's a T-bill in comparison.

There is a true believe that economic gain will surely come with an stronger Euro zone. And Germany is standing in line to rip the benefits too. Free tax consensions from anything from Audis to Skodas are just part of the deal with Greece. Trust me, there is economic gain beyond interest rates at stake here.

Problem is, Greece is made to put its internal finances in order way, way too fast. There are way too many examples of countries that after years of politicians worried about keeping their offices leave these long lasting policies which bankrupt economies that cannot be solved overnight.

Then there is the.... wait a second, weren't we on a football forum????
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Next

Return to German National Team