You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby BayernLeb » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 pm

No Schweini must play to keep game rythem, may be Goetze or Reuss instead of Podolski and Kroos instead of Khedira
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby München Minded » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I think Löw was already stating he is going to rest Schweini, as why I mentioned it. I just don't want majority of the team to be swapped out. If so, then at least we get our Bayern players back in time for training and summer camp in July.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 pm

München Minded wrote:I think Löw was already stating he is going to rest Schweini, as why I mentioned it. I just don't want majority of the team to be swapped out. If so, then at least we get our Bayern players back in time for training and summer camp in July.

:lol: :lol:
Yeah I heard he had minor knock, well Kroos can do a good job in his postion. But still hope he want!
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 am

Kroos should start instead of Khedira bcz this latter is not needed against such a defensive team.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:17 am

Now every game is a final, so no unnecessary risks.

I'm all for giving one of Reus, Goetze and Schurrle a chance as a starter, and I don't mind if Kroos has to play instead of Schweini, but let's not overdo it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:44 pm

I heard from media that Grigoris Makos will be the substitute of Karagounis for Greece.
This is the worst option IMO as he is too average player and too defensive. I hope for a surprise appearance of Fetfatzidis in a probable last game of Greece in this Euro.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Here is this story from bild about the greeks not booking their hotel in full. So one of the guys from bild checked in at the hotel, sending pictures and detail about their players and staff. This will surely fire things up.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball-em-2012-polen-ukraine/nationalmannschaft-griechenland/das-sagen-die-griechen-zum-trojanischen-bild-reporter-24774462.bild.html
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

A Swedish reporter did a similar thing to England. In fact, it seems pretty commonplace these days.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 pm

TBH I thought that Bild was more serious but I guess I was wrong.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:29 pm

München Minded wrote:
The Spyware wrote:Magahth : '' Reus, Goetze, Klose should play against Greece.''

F*CK you magath!!! always against Bayern and Bayern's players. This won't be a friendly against some low level team like san marino -- Greece shocked Russia. If we just filled in with our "B" team, then we "B" gone out of the tournament. So resting Schweini may make sense, or another player or two, but jesus - come on.

Relax, just like they blew out of proportions that Kroos was causing unrest in the locker room because "he wanted to play" everyone in Germany wants to coach: Magath, Scholl, Brehme, Ballack (well from the distance as he is working for ESPN)....

Low most likely will start his regular 11 (after the Denmark game Nemo, Bastian and Bender did not train with the team) but they are now back in full gear.

Although I do not rule out resting Bastian or Nemo giving a chance to Kroos and/or Gotze, or benching Podolski for Reus or Schurrle. For sure I can see at least 2 subs coming in at the 60 min mark regardless of the scoreline.

I doubt Khedira will be rested: although he is not the most refined player out there it is incredible the amount of ground he is covering and he is the prefered choice of the backline for holding midfielder.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby supra969 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm

cant wait for el economico :mrgreen:
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 am

Bild

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:06 am

So same line-up, with a possible exception of Klose instead of Gomez.

I have to say that if Gomez plays (and Podolski as LAM) things will be difficult for Germany. Against a tight defense, you need "unpredictable players" that are moving a lot IMO.

I would play with

-------Kroos-----Schweini
Muller----Oezil----Reus--
------------Klose-----------

Upfront.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 am

AvatarX wrote:So same line-up, with a possible exception of Klose instead of Gomez.

I have to say that if Gomez plays (and Podolski as LAM) things will be difficult for Germany. Against a tight defense, you need "unpredictable players" that are moving a lot IMO.

I would play with

-------Kroos-----Schweini
Muller----Oezil----Reus--
------------Klose-----------

Upfront.

Gomez was pretty unpredictable against Holland. Even Schweinsteiger couldn't believe his eyes, and he's seen him in training for years.

Klose seems much like Bayern-Klose than Germany-Klose from the short stints in which he played. He has played for over a half match if you add them up and I don't think he has even had one attempt at goal yet, despite playing against defences that aren't as deep as Greece's. He also came on when Germany were winning and the opposing defences had opened up as they needed to get back in the match. So far he has been even more disappointing than Podolski in my eyes. The in-form, younger Klose would have scored one or two goals by now.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 am

The referee is the same guy who was the fourth official in Euro 2008 in the match Germany vs Austria that sent Löw off the pitch. Löw was suspended for the next match against Portugal and followed it from behind a window of a VIP box in the stadium.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team