You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:30 pm

MUTU wrote:@AvatarX: but if Greeks hate the Germans for lending them money, how much should they hate every other country for refusing to lend them money?

Really their hate should be at the politicians who, with their corrupt schemes, got them in this situation.

In the midst of this shit situation which they indirectly bought upon themselves (the people voted for the politicians), I cannot understand how one can hate the only entity trying to help. OK, maybe they are abusing from the situation, but who wouldn't?

It's really a big discussion that does not belong here, but it's way more complicated than just a loan as they both have the same currency. Anyway, as I said, way off topic, so, back to football.

BayernLove wrote:[sarcasm="ON"] Yeeeeaaah Bayer Leverkusen for the wiiiiiiin! [/sarcasm="OFF"]

LOL. Those were words written before the first cup of coffee :)

In a nutshell, the sooner they pack and go home, the more money they'll be able to save in their piggy bank to repay the loan. So Germany is duty bound to help them out in this :wink:

Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 pm

BayernLeb wrote:
BayernLove wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:Man Greece sounds a lot like Lebanon, although what you consider "poor" is our mediocre :P

Stop being such a tit/pussy.
Sincerely,
A Jordanian
:mrgreen:

Haha why is that ? As far as I know its not us who are considered "tit/pussy" of the Arabs ;) :P

and to stay with-in topic I am really afraid from playing teams like Greece and England cause all I see is the CL senario again :(

Most Arabs consider Lebanese people gay/gay sounding. Whatever kind of Arab told you he doesn't consider Lebanese people "tits/pussies" is a f*cking liar. I do believe it is just your accent though :$
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Well your are talking about the Beiruti accent its because most of their schools and unis dont use Arabic mostly English and French. Other than Beirut and Jounieh I think you will shit your pants from their accent alone. Anws I've been to KSA,Jordan,Iraq,Bahrain,U.A.E and Syria and the Lebanese accent is by far the most understood.

Plus I was talking how we are only 10452 km2 and still the only Arab country who didnt surrender at war and kicked a "certain country's" ass ---> the rest "tits/pussies"
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:In a nutshell, the sooner they pack and go home, the more money they'll be able to save in their piggy bank to repay the loan. So Germany is duty bound to help them out in this :wink:

Then again, the further they go, the more money they get according to this:

http://www.soccerex.com/industry-news/u ... ize-money/

"UEFA fixed the total prize money for the 16 finalists at Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine at Eur196 million, up from Eur184 million at Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland. Every team at the tournament will receive Eur8 million for reaching Euro 2012, with Eur1 million on offer for a win in the group stage and Eur500,000 for a draw in the group stages.

Teams will receive Eur2 million for a win in the quarter-finals while a semi-final victory will be worth Eur3 million. In the final, the winning team will be awarded Eur7.5 million and the runner-up will receive Eur4.5 million. "

So, Germany duty would be to pray that Greece wins Euro so they take their money back earlier :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

BayernLeb wrote:Well your are talking about the Beiruti accent its because most of their schools and unis dont use Arabic mostly English and French. Other than Beirut and Jounieh I think you will shit your pants from their accent alone. Anws I've been to KSA,Jordan,Iraq,Bahrain,U.A.E and Syria and the Lebanese accent is by far the most understood.

Plus I was talking how we are only 10452 km2 and still the only Arab country who didnt surrender at war and kicked a "certain country's" ass ---> the rest "tits/pussies"

Political discussion within a political discussion. Political-Discussionception? No! How about BSception. Stop the political talk, this is football!
[/rantend]
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 pm

BayernLove wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:Well your are talking about the Beiruti accent its because most of their schools and unis dont use Arabic mostly English and French. Other than Beirut and Jounieh I think you will shit your pants from their accent alone. Anws I've been to KSA,Jordan,Iraq,Bahrain,U.A.E and Syria and the Lebanese accent is by far the most understood.

Political discussion within a political discussion. Political-Discussionception? No! How about BSception. Stop the political talk, this is football!
[/rantend]

A Barney Stinson fan :D ?
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes... But I don't get what you mean :?
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

BayernLove wrote:Yes... But I don't get what you mean :?

Mmm I dont know how to explain it :P But it figures from the way you write
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:In a nutshell, the sooner they pack and go home, the more money they'll be able to save in their piggy bank to repay the loan. So Germany is duty bound to help them out in this :wink:

Then again, the further they go, the more money they get according to this:

http://www.soccerex.com/industry-news/u ... ize-money/

"UEFA fixed the total prize money for the 16 finalists at Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine at Eur196 million, up from Eur184 million at Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland. Every team at the tournament will receive Eur8 million for reaching Euro 2012, with Eur1 million on offer for a win in the group stage and Eur500,000 for a draw in the group stages.

Teams will receive Eur2 million for a win in the quarter-finals while a semi-final victory will be worth Eur3 million. In the final, the winning team will be awarded Eur7.5 million and the runner-up will receive Eur4.5 million. "

So, Germany duty would be to pray that Greece wins Euro so they take their money back earlier :P

:shock:
But i think it would be better if Germany gets the money itself and then waive the equivalent fee from the debt or Greece will spend it all the winning money and Germany will still not get a cent for the loan. :wink: From the the Group of Death right into the the Team of Debt.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 pm

BayernLove wrote:I agree BUT... There is another side to it. Let's say your asshole friend takes all your money,spends it on things that don't benefit you. You can only find one bank, albeit with high interest. Your asshole "friend" gets none of the shit for it and you need to work hard to repay the bank. You would be pretty pissed.

At your asshole friend, not the bank.

If you want another side of the story talk to my nephew in Berlin who does not want the German government to use his tax dollars to subsidize the Greek’s massive pensions that give them a life full of leisure while he is working his ass off day and night.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Back to football. I hope Germany scores early, if the game goes through the second half 0-0 it means danger. Germany continues to have problems defending set pieces, I understand the zonal marking concept with a pocket of 5 players protecting the goalkeeper’s reachable area –two short players on the posts and 3 tall guys along the small box front line, then having a few floaters outside the pocket- but Puyol scored using his own player as a shield in front of the pocket, Denmark found a break with a double header, different team but in 2006 Ayala got between two players in the front line of the pocket and headed a goal too. Sometimes I wonder if the concept works only with the right players and it might be that Germany could do better with personal marking. Even Germany’s women defend corners the same way these days.

Greece will try to exploit set pieces and late in the match it will be very dangerous, other than that I do not see them having a chance.

Then you have the Podolski situation. I am sure he will play. He scored against Denmark, but if you put the goal aside this was his worst game so far: 28 touches on the ball in total and besides the goal and the free kick the rest did not have any meaning.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Jorge wrote:
BayernLove wrote:I agree BUT... There is another side to it. Let's say your asshole friend takes all your money,spends it on things that don't benefit you. You can only find one bank, albeit with high interest. Your asshole "friend" gets none of the shit for it and you need to work hard to repay the bank. You would be pretty pissed.

At your asshole friend, not the bank.

If you want another side of the story talk to my nephew in Berlin who does not want the German government to use his tax dollars to subsidize the Greek’s massive pensions that give them a life full of leisure while he is working his ass off day and night.

Probably media have distorted a lot of things but I can assure you that we have to work our ass off for 1/4 of the salary your nephew gets in a coutry that everything is more expensive...anyway its a long discussion not belonging here. Probably we should open another thread and stick here to football 8-)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby hgb09 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Germany are gonna win but not easily
Last edited by hgb09 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby hgb09 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm

BayernLove wrote:(

Most Arabs consider Lebanese people gay/gay sounding. Whatever kind of Arab told you he doesn't consider Lebanese people "tits/pussies" is a f*cking liar. I do believe it is just your accent though :$[/quote]

U and all arabs know *hit about Lebanon then
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Jorge wrote:Back to football. I hope Germany scores early, if the game goes through the second half 0-0 it means danger. Germany continues to have problems defending set pieces, I understand the zonal marking concept with a pocket of 5 players protecting the goalkeeper’s reachable area –two short players on the posts and 3 tall guys along the small box front line, then having a few floaters outside the pocket- but Puyol scored using his own player as a shield in front of the pocket, Denmark found a break with a double header, different team but in 2006 Ayala got between two players in the front line of the pocket and headed a goal too. Sometimes I wonder if the concept works only with the right players and it might be that Germany could do better with personal marking. Even Germany’s women defend corners the same way these days.

Greece will try to exploit set pieces and late in the match it will be very dangerous, other than that I do not see them having a chance.

Then you have the Podolski situation. I am sure he will play. He scored against Denmark, but if you put the goal aside this was his worst game so far: 28 touches on the ball in total and besides the goal and the free kick the rest did not have any meaning.

Greece nowdays hardly score from set pieces unlike 2004.

IMO they will be more dangerous in a fast counter attack. Most of their goals came this way.

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team