You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:BTW what do you guys think about Ozil's performance. Some people seem to be criticizing him, but for me Ozil and Khedira were the best players.

Khedira is one of our best players in this tournament. Though, Ozil is still playing Real Madrid style. He had some brilliant moments today, but I remember myself shouting at him on several occasions for over-dribbling and/or giving a fast through ball which only Ronaldo can manage to make use of!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 pm

According to Opta, Germany had 75% of the possession in the game. 75%!
That is three-quarters of the game!

They also made 709 passes to Greece's 220, had 26 attempts to Greece's 10 and won the corner count 10-1.

And yet the scoreline was still 4-2. There is an evident problem with efficiency. Sometimes stereotypes are a good thing, germans. :(
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm

quaazi wrote: According to Opta, Germany had 75% of the possession in the game. 75%!

According to uefa.com, the possession was
66% to 34% (which is too high anyway).

Also total attempts were 24 to 9.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=201 ... index.html

BTW if there is anyone thinking that Lahm is bad as LB, please watch carefully his first goal which chance the match....
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 pm

He still has issues in defense, but his going forward is just ridiculously good on the left, yeah.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Was watching Italian TV. they have been speaking about Germany since Italy passed the groups. just right now, with the game vs england within 2 days, they were once again at it, they have a common opinion that from midfield to the front, Germany is to be feared with the number of options and the the direct substitutes which fit well. However from midfield to the back, Germany has defects which they can exploit, so they say bring on Germany. One of them says that Germany is not so strong as it seems and mentions that Germany has a lot of pressure because they are so close but never win and to put the cherry on the cake he mentions the 2006 semi-final lost to them which according to him Germany isn't over it.

Oooh how I wish that they get pay back with interests....
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Was watching Italian TV. they have been speaking about Germany since Italy passed the groups. just right now, with the game vs england within 2 days, they were once again at it, they have a common opinion that from midfield to the front, Germany is to be feared with the number of options and the the direct substitutes which fit well. However from midfield to the back, Germany has defects which they can exploit, so they say bring on Germany. One of them says that Germany is not so strong as it seems and mentions that Germany has a lot of pressure because they are so close but never win and to put the cherry on the cake he mentions the 2006 semi-final lost to them which according to him Germany isn't over it.

Oooh how I wish that they get pay back with interests....

Against the Italians (if it happens, and that's a big if), we will have a more balanced approach, like against Holland. Other than the game against Spain, Italy hasn't been that great. Germany should be able to score against them with ease, which has always been our problem when we play them.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby BayernLeb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Finally this game ended! Now Avatarx & Mutu can love each other agian :P
Btw I skimmed through the pages, I was sure to find some nasty Mama jokes by quaazi for dropping Muller. Did I miss them :roll: ?
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:20 am

Reus :D :D :D =D>

Reus > Mueller

Reus > Podolski
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:02 am

The Spyware wrote:Reus :D :D :D =D>

Reus > Mueller

Reus > Podolski

Very nice goal but he was a little bit scared sometimes. He wasn't MARCO REUS yet.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby michel » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 am

Germany just added another layer of quality to its game today. Read more and view the highlights in my match report at FC Bayern Central.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:04 am

Özil is fantastic. Without him I'm sure Germany wouldn't be as half as good as they are. Key player

If someone says he didn't have a great game then he doesn't know anything about football. BTW I think he was Man of the Match
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:37 am

I think overall everyone had a good game but Germany were no themselves i feel this like this new generation have lost the defensive discipline of the past which is kinda good cause now they get more goals but if Germany cud keep both they wud be the ultimate team
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 am

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW I think he was Man of the Match

According to uefa.com Oezil was indeed the man of the match:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=201 ... ece+gdansk
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:28 am

quaazi wrote:And yet the scoreline was still 4-2. There is an evident problem with efficiency. Sometimes stereotypes are a good thing, germans.

For me it is more like 4-1, because the second goal was a penalty when there was no way back for Greece, and it was a very soft penalty. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't hope that Neuer saves it though.

Still, that 1 goal which came from a counter-attack could've been avoided. Germany should have been more careful at that moment, being just 1 goal up. We could have regretted this much more if it happened in the semi-final or final.

Bayernbazi wrote:Germany has defects which they can exploit, so they say bring on Germany.

This is true, but Italy probably wouldn't manage to exploit them these days. Seriously, I think Italy have only scored one goal from open play so far. Their biggest threat is set pieces but unlike some of you guys I'm not really worried about that. Hummels and Badstuber are great and I also think that Neuer is very good at defending free kicks and corners, but is sometimes let down by his defense.

Firefox1234 wrote:I think overall everyone had a good game but Germany were no themselves i feel this like this new generation have lost the defensive discipline of the past which is kinda good cause now they get more goals but if Germany cud keep both they wud be the ultimate team

I think the problem here is that both Hummels and Badstuber tend to go forward a lot. Still, looking at the goals we conceded, Holland didn't really penetrate the defense and had to shoot with the defender still in front of him, Denmark needed a set-piece, and Greece needed a penalty to score the second goal.

We could have done better to stop the goal against the Netherlands, but the only one which was truly a failure by our defense was Greece's first goal IMO.

Germany still have some problems in defense but I still think they are doing some of the best defending in the competition so far.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:40 am

BayernLeb wrote:Finally this game ended! Now Avatarx & Mutu can love each other agian :P

Haha! In reality, AvatarX and MUTU love each other a lot (not in a gay way of course), but they also like to tease each other :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team