You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 am

Well, we are going off topic, but there are way more in this topic. It's not as simple as Mutu said when two countries has the same currency but they have very different economy. It's not like Greeks can choose not to take a loan because then a possible bankruptcy will take down Euro too (Germany's currency).

Bottom line is that Greek people are paying for their politicians corruptions (their previous election is their fault thought) and they are angry for a similar reason as BayerLove said:

BayernLove wrote:I agree BUT... There is another side to it. Let's say your asshole friend takes all your money,spends it on things that don't benefit you. You can only find one bank, albeit with high interest. Your asshole "friend" gets none of the shit for it and you need to work hard to repay the bank. You would be pretty pissed.

So they will give their everything to the game. I am sure of that. I even heard a lot of people wanting to go to the game to shout against the hatred Germans, so I guess the players feel a bit like that.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 am

quaazi wrote:

hohohohohohohoo.

Eh?
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:09 am

[sarcasm="ON"] Yeeeeaaah Bayer Leverkusen for the wiiiiiiin! [/sarcasm="OFF"]
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:34 am

BayernLove wrote:

[sarcasm="ON"] Yeeeeaaah Bayer Leverkusen for the wiiiiiiin! [/sarcasm="OFF"]

No wonder you wanted Schuerrle playing!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 am

@AvatarX: but if Greeks hate the Germans for lending them money, how much should they hate every other country for refusing to lend them money?

Really their hate should be at the politicians who, with their corrupt schemes, got them in this situation.

In the midst of this shit situation which they indirectly bought upon themselves (the people voted for the politicians), I cannot understand how one can hate the only entity trying to help. OK, maybe they are abusing from the situation, but who wouldn't?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:31 am

MUTU wrote:@AvatarX: but if Greeks hate the Germans for lending them money, how much should they hate every other country for refusing to lend them money?

Really their hate should be at the politicians who, with their corrupt schemes, got them in this situation.

In the midst of this shit situation which they indirectly bought upon themselves (the people voted for the politicians), I cannot understand how one can hate the only entity trying to help. OK, maybe they are abusing from the situation, but who wouldn't?

It's really a big discussion that does not belong here, but it's way more complicated than just a loan as they both have the same currency. Anyway, as I said, way off topic, so, back to football.

BayernLove wrote:[sarcasm="ON"] Yeeeeaaah Bayer Leverkusen for the wiiiiiiin! [/sarcasm="OFF"]

LOL. Those were words written before the first cup of coffee :)

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 am

Realisticly I don't believe that Greece has more than about 10% chances to go through, but they had almost the same chances against France for example 8 years ago, yet, they won.

Passion and determination can play a big role in a football game and also Germany might find some difficulties against a tight defense, so they should be careful and effective in attack.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:59 am

tflags wrote: There are way too many examples of countries that after years of politicians worried about keeping their offices leave these long lasting policies which bankrupt economies that cannot be solved overnight.

Here here ....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:12 am

Like many of you, I was really surprise that Greece had qualified for the quarters. With all due respect, I have predicted that they crash out of the group stage with no points :shock: So, I guess they'll be laughing at me right now :P

Anyhow, I don't see them repeating the "miracle" of 2004. The favorites this time around are much more mature, strong, desparate to win the trophy. Even if faced by a total defense, Germany will find a way to break it, as for many players, this is a do or die tournament. Our Bayern players cannot afford to lose any more trophies, and they will also treat this with the same determination as the Greeks.

No disrespect (Avatar), but I see an easy win for Germany.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 am

MoFattal wrote:No disrespect (Avatar), but I see an easy win for Germany.

No disrespect taken. I also said that I see Germany having about 90% chances to go through. But then again, it's football. Anything can happen.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 am

Yep, and we learned that the very hard way last month :(
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am

MoFattal wrote:Anyhow, I don't see them repeating the "miracle" of 2004.

It would take a much bigger miracle this time, because even if they do manage to beat Germany they will still have to face Italy/England/France/Spain (probably 2 of those). Also football was more simple back then imo. Today there more strong teams and you have Spain and Germany who are a class above everyone else (although I think both are underperforming a little despite the results)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Man Greece sounds a lot like Lebanon, although what you consider "poor" is our mediocre :P
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 pm

BayernLeb wrote:Man Greece sounds a lot like Lebanon, although what you consider "poor" is our mediocre :P

Stop being such a tit/pussy.
Sincerely,
A Jordanian
:mrgreen:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

BayernLove wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:Man Greece sounds a lot like Lebanon, although what you consider "poor" is our mediocre :P

Stop being such a tit/pussy.
Sincerely,
A Jordanian
:mrgreen:

Haha why is that ? As far as I know its not us who are considered "tit/pussy" of the Arabs ;) :P

and to stay with-in topic I am really afraid from playing teams like Greece and England cause all I see is the CL senario again :(
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team