You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-06-23] Germany vs Ghana (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result of the match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Germany Wins
100%
Draw
No votes
Ghana Wins
No votes

Total votes : 17

[2010-06-23] Germany vs Ghana (WC2010)

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:15 pm

In this World Cup the knock-out rounds seem to have started earlier for us.
We need a win in this one to secure a place in the last 16 of the tournament...

We gonna see some changes in the starting XI, as Klose won't be available and Loew may use someone faster than Badstuber as LB.
My prediction for the starting XI is Cacau as CF and Lahm as LB with Boateng as RB.

Only full determination is allowed in this one - And I hope that we'll be more effective in attacking.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2010-06-23] Germany vs Ghana (WC2010)

Postby Element » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Germany 2-0 Ghana

Because Ghana CANT Score Real Goals !!!

Cacau will be the CF , and Badstuber will stay as LB (He defended him in the last Conference )
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 pm

After the draw between Ghana and Australia, even a draw will be enough for us to qualify if Australia wins Serbia (with 3 GD maximum) or they draw.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Element wrote:

Because Ghana CANT Score Real Goals !!!

Cacau will be the CF , and Badstuber will stay as LB (He defended him in the last Conference )

Yeah, Ghana took over 10 shots from outside 30 yards!
They were selfish and never passed when an overlap was opening up, they just winded up and shot off target.
Low was at the game today taking notes which is a good sign.

I also think you are right about the changes.
Low said that maybe Badstuber could of done better for the Krasic cross but nobody is perfect so I think he will start again.
But I think Low will be smart and put Gomez in for Klose instead of Cacau. :D

AvatarX wrote:even a draw will be enough for us to qualify if Australia wins Serbia (with 3 GD maximum) or they draw.

This is Germany were talking about, we really should just go out and command the game.
Germany is one of the three best teams of all time and shouldn't be relying on another game for its own advancement.
LET'S JUST GO WIN!
I'm sure this is exactly what Low is saying to the team as well, minus the "one of the best teams of all time" part because that is understood.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm

MunchenFC wrote:This is Germany were talking about, we really should just go out and command the game.
Germany is one of the three best teams of all time and shouldn't be relying on another game for its own advancement.
LET'S JUST GO WIN!
I'm sure this is exactly what Low is saying to the team as well, minus the "one of the best teams of all time" part because that is understood.

Agree.

Go Germany !

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Die Mannschaft MUST re-establish themselves as the world power team we all know, period. Anything less than a fully committed 90 minutes of shear German dominance is unacceptable. Final score Germany 3 Ghana 0.

Mach uns wieder stolz auf Euch.
Spiel mit Kraft une Ehre.
Deutschland über alles!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm

I agree, we should aim to win... Still, it's nice that Ghana drew today, makes it easier in case things go wrong.

I can't really see Germany losing this one though. Ghana can only score penalties, even when they are one man up. :wink:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Just one thing. If we face Netherlands who is going to be the LB? BADstuber??? BADstuber against Robben???

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If Serbia gets a draw with Australia we only need a draw too, but we have to WIN the match.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby CroCHEF » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm

put problem is that games in same group play in same time on same day
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 am

I know. That's why I say that we have to WIN or WIN. BTW look at Italy... they have the easiest group in this World Cup and they can pass to the next round with 3 draws. They only need a draw against Slovakia :x

The last time they did that, they won the World Cup.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby README » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 am

Gomez will be starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................................................................NOT :(
README

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

According to reports, it's looking like Jansen will come in to replace Badstuber as left-back. He's more of a left-midfielder anyway, so we'll have to wait and see how that works out with someone like Podolski ahead of him. While Cacau will probably play the role of the sole central attacker up front. The referees have had way too big of an influence in a negative sense, on the outcome of the games so far in this World-Cup. So I'm hoping we get someone good who is not there to make himself the leading actor of the show. It's gonna be a tight one, Ghana are pretty much the only hope Africa got left in this tournament so they'll throw everything neccessary in, in order to make it through. The guys out on the pitch have to be dominant from the beginning on and show they're worthy of wearing that jersey with the eagle on it which weighs a lot more than any other jersey present at this World-Cup.

12 votes for a Germany win, 0 for a draw and 0 for a Ghana win. That's what I call confidence and optimism! =D>
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 pm

MrLinky wrote:it's looking like Jansen will come in to replace Badstuber as left-back. He's more of a left-midfielder anyway, so we'll have to wait and see how that works out with someone like Podolski ahead of him.

He's got speed, but he was disastrous in his defensive duties while Euro 2006, so I hope that he performs better now...

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Euro2008 you mean
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 pm

AvatarX wrote: but he was disastrous in his defensive duties while Euro 2006, so I hope that he performs better now

And the fact that he's mostly been used as a left-midfielder at Hamburg with Aogo cleaning up behind him, shows that nothing much has changed about that. Since a draw would be enough for Ghana to make it through, I'm expecting them to play ultra-defensive, like we've seen it by so many teams in this World-Cup. Trying to penetrate their defence and getting behind their defenders, Marcell is a better choice than Holger. In order not to leave the team exposed on the counter though, it's gonna take some wise tactical arrangements and adjustments between the players themselves, when which player can go forward and when they have to stay behind, since he plays such a different type of game compared to Badstuber who mainly stays behind and is focused on defending well.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to German National Team