You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-06-23] Germany vs Ghana (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result of the match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Germany Wins
100%
Draw
No votes
Ghana Wins
No votes

Total votes : 17

Re: [2010-06-23] Germany vs Ghana (WC2010)

Postby EQ Kimball » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Trochowski is a great player, he has proved it in the Euro and proved it again today. Boeteng did great today too.

I wanna see more of Kroos. I'd rather see him in there in place of Khadira.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bavarezul13 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 pm

bavarezul13 wrote:hmm...why the hell didn't germany concede a goal in last minutes???with a draw: optims:germany-usa;quarter finals:germany-uruguay/south korea...why the hell they wanted to confront england and argentina...i thought germans are smarter guys...but i guess i'm wrong...at least tonight they show me they are sooo noobs...any normal man would prefer confronting usa,uruguay or sotuh korea because it's reallly easy for germany to defeat those teams...but they choose england and argentina...good luck germany..i hoped winning this wc...but it seems like we don't wanna win it

STFU man, what kind of Pussy team is gonna let another team beat them so they could weasel their way into the finals?

This is DEUTSCHLAND, have some pride. We'll play and we'll play to beat anyone, win or lose.

SMH

man...all i wanna say is that i saw germany in semis...and now i'm so afraid even against england...not to mention argentina...today only results matters...look at inter...they are playing like shit but everyone spoked only about results..and they won ucl...we can't put pride 1st...if you can go into semis...why not to do it...noone cares about fairplay now!!!
bavarezul13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tappinho » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 pm

bavarezul13 wrote:hmm...why the hell didn't germany concede a goal in last minutes???with a draw: optims:germany-usa;quarter finals:germany-uruguay/south korea...why the hell they wanted to confront england and argentina...i thought germans are smarter guys...but i guess i'm wrong...at least tonight they show me they are sooo noobs...any normal man would prefer confronting usa,uruguay or sotuh korea because it's reallly easy for germany to defeat those teams...but they choose england and argentina...good luck germany..i hoped winning this wc...but it seems like we don't wanna win it

I'm Italian and I support Germany because Germany IS NOT Italy.
England? Argentina? Well done, they'll give us the spaces we need to play our total football. I love football as a sport, and I hate it when it becomes something like mathematics... I'm really proud of this young team and I don't care about the result at this WC: Germany isn't going to win it, but this is step to a near brilliant future, that's why we have to play against England, Argentina and so on... We need to give our best, we need to play at our limit!

About the match: good performances by Neuer, Friedrich, Lahm and Schweini... Great goal by Ozil, but I want him to be more consistent... Finally the right man at LB is Jansen, and we have to say we missed Klose, because we need his headers to build different opportunities upfront.
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:56 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:Last thing I wanna sa: All the players that are not German ie cacau, ozil, khadira...etc. for the most part have NO passion, no PRIDE, they get lazy let the ball out, they don't work hard in the sense that Schvein, Lahm, Klose, and others do. Plus it's disgusting to me when they don't sing the anthem.

Blah, I'm out of it that's why my post is so out of order.

No offense, but a player's nationality, whether he be German, Turkish, Ghanian, etc, should not be a criterion for performance standards. I mostly agreed with your critique of the match up until this sentence. Additionally, it's important to keep in mind that for many of the players who are not of German descent, they barely have any experience playing for the national team on the international stage, so it should be expected that their performances are not quite on par with the older, more experienced players who coincidentally are of German descent. For example, Khadira has only 8 caps, Ozil 13, Cacau 11, Boateng 6, Marin 11. Schweinsteiger and Klose both have 70+ caps to their names, and Lahm is closing in on 70 with 68 caps thus far. Correlation does not equal causation, and it's quite unfair to judge a player's performance solely by their heritage.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 am

You misunderstood, I didn't mention Ozil missing the easy target for example, I meant those players, coincidentally did not give it the heart that we see in German players. SO many times if the ball is far they don't even try to run and just let it go, as opposed to our beloved ones, they run after it until the very end. I understand correlation does not imply causation, and I agree. However, it also does not rule it out.

This is how I felt at least. Perhaps they were tired. I'm not 100% sure. But I always felt that certain players have a level of pride, or better put "heart", moreso than others.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 am

EQ Kimball wrote:You misunderstood, I didn't mention Ozil missing the easy target for example, I meant those players, coincidentally did not give it the heart that we see in German players. SO many times if the ball is far they don't even try to run and just let it go, as opposed to our beloved ones, they run after it until the very end. I understand correlation does not imply causation, and I agree. However, it also does not rule it out.

This is how I felt at least. Perhaps they were tired. I'm not 100% sure. But I always felt that certain players have a level of pride, or better put "heart", moreso than others.

Okay, I think I see what you're saying. Although I still think it is more likely that less-than-spectacular performances by the non-German players can be attributed more to their inexperience on the international stage, rather than a lack of pride in their adopted country. I'm positive that as these players get more experience, they'll of course play better and put more "heart" into their performances, if that is the case.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:07 am

EQ Kimball wrote:Trochowski is a great player, he has proved it in the Euro and proved it again today. Boeteng did great today too.

I wanna see more of Kroos. I'd rather see him in there in place of Khadira.

Trochowski played very well when he came in and although I'm a big fan of Muller, Trochowski should definitely start over Muller at RM.
Muller is great, but he isn't a RM.
And I completely agree with you about Kroos, he is one of those players that I always see something positive from.
He should come in for Ozil at the end of games, because I don't know if its just me but Ozil looks sooo tired from the 5th minute on!
Aside from his one moment of brilliance Ozil looked to be struggling a lot with getting passes and just plain dribbling sometimes.
Last edited by MunchenFC on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:10 am

And I completely agree with you about Kroos, he is one of those players that I always see something positive from.
He should come in for Ozil at the end of games, because I don't know if its just me but Ozil looks sooo tired from the 5th minute on!
Aside from his one moment of brilliance Ozil looked to be struggling a lot with getting passes and just plain dribbling sometimes.

Ozil could barely walk the last 20 minutes of the game. He seems to be a player that tires easily; even at Bremen he gets sub out quite often in the second half. If it wasn't for the goal I would say his performance was subpar, but I guess it was a collective thing in the team, except Lahm, Schweini and Friedrich, who were outstanding. I think the rest of the players were nervous, which might reflect the lack of experience.

I'm concerned about Schweini missing the next game. Kroos is great and he hardly ever gives away ball possesion, but he just doesn't track back enough to defend. If Schweini misses the next match then Khedira should play more defensively (like Schweini) and limit his runs forward, whereas Kroos can play with a little more freedom.

I guess Boateng gotta a knock and that's why got substituted, otherwise the change that would've made sense to me was having Jansen come in for Podolski. Jansen has demonstrated that he can excel at LM and even score a few goals.

That said, and assuming that Schweini wont play the next game, I would go with:

Neuer

Lahm--Merte---Arne---Boateng
--Khedira-----Kroos----
Marin-------Ozil----------Jansen
------Klose-----

Notice that having Jansen on the left would also give more freedom to Kroos since Jansen can defend a lot better than Podolski.

PS. Cacau WAS SINGING THE ANTHEM
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:27 am

^^^Yes I have MUCH more respect to caucau for singing the anthem. I was impressed.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Slemba » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:58 am

EQ Kimball wrote:Last thing I wanna sa: All the players that are not German ie cacau, ozil, khadira...etc. for the most part have NO passion, no PRIDE, they get lazy let the ball out, they don't work hard in the sense that Schvein, Lahm, Klose, and others do. Plus it's disgusting to me when they don't sing the anthem.

I noticed that also the non German players have no passion at all :?
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:17 am

I heard That Friedrich was Great (spox Picked him as man of the match)

And schweinsteiger played Greatly and was A MASTER in the midfield ( most ball contacts with 84 , 93% pass accuracy , most successful made , won 64% of his tackles )

ADD : the Guys on the internet who were comparing Schweinsteiger with Lell and Rensing , and wanted him to leave

"are now calling him one of the best CDMs in the world , Irreplaceable Player , Outstanding player that no one can replace , inhuman ......."

I also heard That Mertesacker totally sucked , and lost many headers against TAGOE !!!!

YlonenXabi wrote:ELEMENT, TELL US EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT BASTIAN'S INJURY !!!

According to Some Sources around the DFB , Schweinsteiger will mostly miss Vs England !!!! chances 50% :50% :( :(

he is injured in his left leg calf

But ozil is now 100% Fit
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Element how are Serbia doing? I'm worried we might not manage a win today... so I'm praying for an Australia win.

read my post in the world cup thread
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 am

podolski4life wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Schweini is hurt...
Serbia made the 1-2.

BTW with a Ghana's goal we can avoid Argentina until the final (I wouldn't mind that much)...

Yeah, I would much prefer not to face Argentina.

Not only Germany got the harder route by getting first place, but to make things worse they will still have to face England because they got second place. This is the same result if England got first and Germany second but then it may have been a less difficult route.

My hope is that now that the group stage is over, the pressure wether Germany is through or not is now releived. In the knock out stage the team knows that everything depends on a single match and maybe we can see the team that played against australia again.

In the meantime I hope a quick recovery for Schweini, we will really need him on sunday.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:03 am

Element wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:ELEMENT, TELL US EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT BASTIAN'S INJURY !!!

According to Some Sources around the DFB , Schweinsteiger will mostly miss Vs England !!!! chances 50% :50% :( :(

he is injured in his left leg calf

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am

Without Schweini I am really scared. I dont know if Khedira can take the defensive burden of Schweini and allow Kroos to be the offensive counter-part.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 am

We don't have real CDM's without Schweini

=D> =D> Löw =D> =D>

Bastian is a strong guy. I can't remember any recent injury on him. If that injury was on Robben I would be scared, but I guess we can still be confident about seeing him playing against England [-o<
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team