You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ghana will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Postby JJJ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
Dgro wrote:So who exactly would you play there (if you don't think Lahm needs to be DM)? Khedira is slow and incredibly sloppy in challenges. Grosskreutz (like you said earlier you would prefer him) is hardly intelligent enough to play this role and moving Kroos back would be a waste of his attacking skills, besides he's not a very good DM like he has shown a few times this season.

Schweinsteiger, Kramer
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:59 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lahm has done well in midfield throughout the season. Had some bad mistakes these past two games but that doesn't make him a bad midfielder. Boateng is not an issue either, he's a good RB. It's Khedira that needs to go, and either Ozil or Gotze.

my thoughts exactly. We need a little more physicality up front because Gotze and Ozil are too weak
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:02 pm

no more minutes for mustafi
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:no more minutes for mustafi

I still can't get why he was subbed in ahead of Schweinsteiger, Grosskreutz, and Durm. :|
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Droptech wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Loew should go. As simple as that. I really hope this is his last tournament with the NT. Mustafi change was the most idiotic one. As long as Schweini was fit, he should go in, pushing Lahm to RB.

Also Klose should have started earlier today. It was obvious as the match went on, that we were toothless in attack. After he got it, we had some presence in their box with him and Muller.

Another thing: Please, no more Lahm @ midfield. This is a disaster, especially vs physical teams.

I am very happy that Klose made it level with Ronaldo and he even made his trademark celebration. Go Klose!

You can tell he is getting long in the tooth though. A few years ago he lands it. Now he lands on his ass! I LOL'd!

Well, not many people can do this "salto" @ 36 y.o.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Well well, I am really happy with the score :D Both of my teams still in it, albeit Germany has a much higher chance.

Ghana showed the world that they are a top NT after most people marked us off. The first loss against the US was very unlucky, and tonight the efficiency in front of goal was much better. Anything but a US win tomorrow would put the chances of qualification in our hands. I pray for a draw for the benefit of both Germany and Ghana.

As for Die Mannschaft, JLo continued the tradition of being incompetent and stubborn with his lineup and the mystery substitution of Mustafi. Nonetheless, the game is good wake up call for the players as it was really clear that they were complacent right until they were behind 1-2. After that, and the introduction of Basti (hello JLo!), the game turned upside down and the attacks were very frequent. Efficiency in front of goal definitely needs to improve as 3 clear cut chances were wasted with the score level 2-2. There will be some pressure because elimination might actually happen with a loss against the US, but it seems that the guys are used to having these type of games in international tournaments.

My heart wishes Germany and Ghana will make it. My mind says Germany and Portugal will.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Element » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Shkodran Mustafi was Subbed in becaue Jerome Boateng has received a minor injury in the first half

Once again , Lahm is brilliant in Both Positions but with Khedira being totally out of form , Lahm should Stay as CDM (better than using Kramer which is as risky as using Mustafi)

what is Worrying me is Mertesacker , Ghana players were WALKING past him !!

IF Loew wants to Switch to Real Fullbacks , he has Grosskreutz and Durm as Both RB and LB with Lahm As CDM

Or

Lahm and Durm as RB and LB with Khedira as CDM (not my fav because Khedira appears to be out of form and even orientation !!)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Droptech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:09 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lahm has done well in midfield throughout the season. Had some bad mistakes these past two games but that doesn't make him a bad midfielder. Boateng is not an issue either, he's a good RB. It's Khedira that needs to go, and either Ozil or Gotze.

Also the 2nd goal today was more Khedira's fault...Lahm should have been able to bring Khedira into play, it's his bad positioning that put Lahm in an impossible situation.

It was an unforced error. If Khedira is not in the right position why is Lahm passing it to him? I thought the reason why Pep and Jlo ply him there is primarily his intelligence and decision making. That was an incredibly bad decision. This is the second game is a row that he carelessly gives up possession in the defensive third. He either is still struggling with fitness or he is making some really bad mental errors out there. After the first game I chalked it up to opening game nerves and jitters. I can't justify it for the second game.
Last edited by Droptech on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:10 pm

MoFattal wrote:My heart wishes Germany and Ghana will make it. My mind says Germany and Portugal will.

IMO Ghana has more chances than Portugal.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:11 pm

JJJ wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
Dgro wrote:So who exactly would you play there (if you don't think Lahm needs to be DM)? Khedira is slow and incredibly sloppy in challenges. Grosskreutz (like you said earlier you would prefer him) is hardly intelligent enough to play this role and moving Kroos back would be a waste of his attacking skills, besides he's not a very good DM like he has shown a few times this season.

Schweinsteiger, Kramer

One has been out for long periods this season and hasn't been on form at all for months (and he hasn't been any good combined with Kroos in midfield either). You haven't even seen Kramer play with the NT...he has zero experience. I can't see how you can possibly claim he'd be better than Lahm.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:15 pm

I think part of the problem was that Ghana needed the result more than Germany did.

Lahm was better than he's getting credit for. Some of his stray passes were as much Khedira's not being sharp enough and allowing Ghanians to intercept the passes. Also, Loew seems to have encouraged Lahm to get forward a lot - more than I was comfortable with - and it left him absent from defensive midfield. I think this was Loew's tactic to compensate for the LB and RB not getting forward and exposed to fast counters. I would hope we don't try too much of that again.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:15 pm

MoFattal wrote:My heart wishes Germany and Ghana will make it. My mind says Germany and Portugal will.

IMO Ghana has more chances than Portugal.

I sure hope so, but I won't be taking Portugal's first game as a reference just yet. I think they will come back on track with a win tomorrow and leave everything open for the final match day.Though, I pray that doesn't happen because it would be bad for both Ghana and Germany.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 pm

So after a promising start when it looked like things were coming together, a return to the situation of the last few months. Germany were solid enough at the back in the first half but offered little going forward, but the roles were completely reversed in the second half. They looked clueless against Ghana's pace which to be honest wasn't surprising considering the lack of pace in the Germany defence and midfield, but they also looked like they could also score every time they went forward themselves

My mind was drawn back to the Cameroon friendly just before the WC, which was intended as preparation for this game, but it seems Low learnt nothing from it :roll:
Last edited by Lukas on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Droptech wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:

Also the 2nd goal today was more Khedira's fault...Lahm should have been able to bring Khedira into play, it's his bad positioning that put Lahm in an impossible situation.

It was an unforced error. If Khedira is not in the right position why is Lahm passing it to him? I thought the reason why Pep and Jlo ply him there is primarily his intelligence and decision making. That was an incredibly bad decision. This is the second game is a row that he carelessly gives up possession in the defensive third. He either is still struggling with fitness or he is making some really bad mental errors out there. After the first game I chalked it up to opening game nerves and jitters. I can't justify it for the second game.

So what exactly should he have done when the Ghana player put him under pressure. Only Khedira was available. And he was when Lahm made the pass it's just that Khedira was moving away from the ball having no idea he'd be intercepted.

envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:no more minutes for mustafi

I still can't get why he was subbed in ahead of Schweinsteiger, Grosskreutz, and Durm. :|

He seems obsessed with not playing fullbacks in position
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team