You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ghana will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Postby zuki46 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:17 am

The only game that we needed speed (Schürrle,Podolski,Durm,Lahm as RB and Schweini instead of Khedira) JL actually f***ed up and went with the slowest possible players.

I believe this should have been the formation. Ghana, which is a great team, was relying on their best attribute SPEED, yet after US having a really hard time with them JL thinks its OK to play with the slowest RB and LB we got in the squad and Özil (he should not even be in the bench). I hope it's not WC 2010 all over again.
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 am

Dgro wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
Dgro wrote:They're tragically misusing Lahm. He's not an elite DM and we don't need him to play there. But the sad truth is he is most likely terribly out of form as a fullback. Not saying he would be worse than Boateng, but clearly we are not getting the most out of our captain and possibly most talented player. Had he kept his role at RB at the national team all along there wouldn't be a problem

Gosh. I'm so tired of reading all the complaints about the "Lahm DM experiment" and how people seem to blame all the problems on this. First of all he's been playing there for almost a year now and has been really good most of this season...you really seem to forget how crappy Bayern played when Lahm was moved back to RB.

So who exactly would you play there (if you don't think Lahm needs to be DM)? Khedira is slow and incredibly sloppy in challenges. Grosskreutz (like you said earlier you would prefer him) is hardly intelligent enough to play this role and moving Kroos back would be a waste of his attacking skills, besides he's not a very good DM like he has shown a few times this season.

Now I know you have me confused with someone else since I haven't so much as typed Grosskreutz's name in any thread discussing the national team, much less to suggest that he should be playing.

More than anything what I was getting at was for whatever reason Boateng was subbed out in the second half, Lahm should have been his replacement at rb before Mustafi, period. Like I said, Low is a tactical disaster.

Yes it was Droptech, I'm sorry your names look too similar :mrgreen:
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:42 am

Rinsch wrote:Germany vs Argentina in the quarters. It worked out well the last two world cups

+they have been very unimpressive. It's a much, much easier route than having to face France and one of Brazil/Chile/Netherlands. Of course, there could be more surprises though and other teams (like Brazil) finish second. In all probability we will win the group, however.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:04 pm

One has to imagine a German team without Lahm in order to progress to the second round. This is the second game he faults at DM; his multiple errors and lack of concentration almost cost the team a full 3 points. Sami Kehdira was not error free either, his substitution by Bastian could not have come soon enough.

Schweinsteiger is truly a box to box midfielder. He can be seen up front missing headers by the slimmest of margins, or bordering the end line recovering the ball for an exhausted line of defenders.

Then there's Götze, a pseudo striker, pseudo winger, pseudo attacking midfielder who does his work, well, pseudously. He's too short to out jump any Ghanaians, too weak to win any challenges on the sides, he ain't dribbling his way into the box and his strong-leg shot is non-existent. His positioning, nonetheless, is superb. He could practice a little bit of crosses too. If you inverted him the perfect opposite would be... well... Kroos! It was a tactical mistake to play him on the half wing vs the stronger Ghanaians. Podolski's more muscular type, faster sprinting and outright badass attitude could have played a much, much better role on the far wing. His long distance shots are known to scare the hell out of goal keepers too.

The game was lost, they say, on the wings. But you have to get to the root of the problem. The DM positioning made it so Ghana could recover any balls from Germany's failed attacks. Where Guardiola uses his fullbacks inside, Germany did not have any pivots high up the pitch to stop an dawning counter attack. A glued-to-the-floor Mustafi or a saved-your-asses-again Neuer were just products of the impending crossfire.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Do I see a "thanks" by Mazen96? Where have you been hiding? :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Low biggest mistake is only taking one striker to the WC. Playing a crappy false 9 don't work. Muller and Gotze are great midfielders not strikers! How many times did you see them not attack the ball when the cross came in. You need a true striker up front. You need Lahm to play his proper position. You need Germany to stop playing 3 in the back. Germany needs to play more direct with a striker. This pass pass pass shit is boring and slow. Why is Germany playing the Spanish way? You seen how far they got. Ghana should of never got a point. If Low puts the same line up against the USA he should be fired on the spot.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Do I see a "thanks" by Mazen96? Where have you been hiding? :D

It's been a long time I know. Finally realised the error of my ways though and now I'm back. :D
Speaking of the game what really caught my eye was how disorganised our defence was at times, mainly because Lahm was drifting forward way too often. I personally have no problem with Lahm playing the "Centre-half" role as long as he stays in front of the defensive line (As he did against Portugal).I also felt that the offensive play was a little too static, though it did get better as the game progressed.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby rthebest » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 am

Kevinx67 wrote:Low biggest mistake is only taking one striker to the WC. Playing a crappy false 9 don't work.

Maybe but Germany doesn't have any striker. Germany's The best strikers still Klose and Gomez. Just look at Bundesliga top scores :
Reus #5 was in the team
Kießling #9
Lasogga #11
Muller #12 is in the team

what would you pick Muller or Kießling , Reus or Lasogga
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Previous

Return to German National Team