You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ghana will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Lahm in midfield or lack of true fullbacks were not the problem, it was Khedira being played as the "CAM" and Kroos being told to stay back. That and Löw waiting until the 70th minute to sub Schweini in and Khedira out (which was obviously needed right from the first half).
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:32 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well well, I am really happy with the score :D Both of my teams still in it, albeit Germany has a much higher chance.

Ghana showed the world that they are a top NT after most people marked us off. The first loss against the US was very unlucky, and tonight the efficiency in front of goal was much better. Anything but a US win tomorrow would put the chances of qualification in our hands. I pray for a draw for the benefit of both Germany and Ghana.

As for Die Mannschaft, JLo continued the tradition of being incompetent and stubborn with his lineup and the mystery substitution of Mustafi. Nonetheless, the game is good wake up call for the players as it was really clear that they were complacent right until they were behind 1-2. After that, and the introduction of Basti (hello JLo!), the game turned upside down and the attacks were very frequent. Efficiency in front of goal definitely needs to improve as 3 clear cut chances were wasted with the score level 2-2. There will be some pressure because elimination might actually happen with a loss against the US, but it seems that the guys are used to having these type of games in international tournaments.

My heart wishes Germany and Ghana will make it. My mind says Germany and Portugal will.

Ghana were a top 4 team 4 years ago (should have been) and are better this time around. They deserve huge credit because very few teams played better than they did today. I think they will make it if Portugal win, but my prediction is Germany and USA.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Droptech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:35 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
So what exactly should he have done when the Ghana player put him under pressure. Only Khedira was available. And he was when Lahm made the pass it's just that Khedira was moving away from the ball having no idea he'd be intercepted.

It is Lahms job to make a safe pass in that situation. Khedira might have been in the wrong position but in that instance he can not see the Ghanian sprinting from behind him. Lahm on the other hand should keep his head up when he makes a pass in his 3rd of the pitch. If he was under that much pressure (which he wasn't) with no clear option you boot the ball either up field or across the filed for a throw in. There is one thing you can not do in that situation and that is make a pass without looking. He did and you saw what happened.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:38 pm

It was an error by Lahm. As much as it is hard to believe, Lahm is actually a human being and can make the occasional error (remember Balotelli?). The bad thing is that his errors are almost as costly as Stevie G's. Well not as much, but still costly enough.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:46 pm

Man, I don't see what you are making all this fuss about. He made a pass (most probably the only pass he could possibly make with 2 players closing in on him). Khedira didn't even keep his position but started moving away from the ball instead (which Lahm couldn't possibly foresee).

Ghana was more than decent in midfield anyway. Some battles you just can't win. Thinking that fielding Schweini or Kramer there (or Grosskreutz lol) would have made the game any better is ridiculous.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:47 pm

I guess fielding Basti would have made it better, but definitely not Kramer or Grosskreutz.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:06 am

Fielding Basti there would have made a difference in the first goal, not the second. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 am

MoFattal wrote:It was an error by Lahm. As much as it is hard to believe, Lahm is actually a human being and can make the occasional error (remember Balotelli?). The bad thing is that his errors are almost as costly as Stevie G's. Well not as much, but still costly enough.

and also Euro final 2008
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dgro » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:15 am

envagyokazapad wrote:
Dgro wrote:They're tragically misusing Lahm. He's not an elite DM and we don't need him to play there. But the sad truth is he is most likely terribly out of form as a fullback. Not saying he would be worse than Boateng, but clearly we are not getting the most out of our captain and possibly most talented player. Had he kept his role at RB at the national team all along there wouldn't be a problem

Gosh. I'm so tired of reading all the complaints about the "Lahm DM experiment" and how people seem to blame all the problems on this. First of all he's been playing there for almost a year now and has been really good most of this season...you really seem to forget how crappy Bayern played when Lahm was moved back to RB.

So who exactly would you play there (if you don't think Lahm needs to be DM)? Khedira is slow and incredibly sloppy in challenges. Grosskreutz (like you said earlier you would prefer him) is hardly intelligent enough to play this role and moving Kroos back would be a waste of his attacking skills, besides he's not a very good DM like he has shown a few times this season.

Now I know you have me confused with someone else since I haven't so much as typed Grosskreutz's name in any thread discussing the national team, much less to suggest that he should be playing.

More than anything what I was getting at was for whatever reason Boateng was subbed out in the second half, Lahm should have been his replacement at rb before Mustafi, period. Like I said, Low is a tactical disaster.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:46 am

Lahm is a great CM in Bayern with Pep. But Löw is not Pep neither their tactics are the same, and that's why he is not very good with the NT.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:21 am

Trying to make a Matthäus out of Lahm, that's not a bad idea, but what option do we have at full backs then? That's our weakness.

p.s. And I don't care how mad can Ozil get to be substituted, I think he gets exhausted for 60 mins, if he can't provide anything for 60 mins, he won't provide anything after that. Schürrle should have replaced Ozil, I like that energy Schürrle can bring, since there's no Reus he should play more.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Rinsch » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:28 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Let's look at the positive side of these dropped points. If we finish second this is a realistic possibility (requires Chile, Brazil, and Costa Rica to win their groups):

I'd happily take it to be honest.

Germany vs Argentina in the quarters. It worked out well the last two world cups :D
Rinsch
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:58 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote::roll:

hahaha after that he smiles like a kid, he needs to grow up, plays like he is playing a friendly, he is overconfident, that's what I appreciated when we signed him but this is too much.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby michel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:19 am

The Germans can be happy that they got a point out of this game, due to a poor performance. Their attacking tactics were bad, while their sound defence melted down with Brazil's hot weather. A game to forget.

More: Germany Ghana tactical analysis: the German horror show
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:56 am

I thought Howedes was awful today. Ghana attacked his side constantly and he gave them way too much space, which lead to the first goal. I can't believe he didn't get subbed out at half-time, but I guess Boateng was hurt. Still, Bastian should have been brought in much earlier to take Lahm's spot and move Lahm to Howedes spot. Yes, Khedira wasn't playing his best, but alongside Schweini I think he would have been fine. Thankfully, Klose scored, but the current starting XI leaves a lot to be desired. It's too bad Reus got hurt, as I think he would have been one of the best players for Die Mannschaft. Overall, Germany was slow and lethargic and passing was off compared to the Portugal match. They need to get their sh*t together quickly or they find themselves going home just like Spain and England.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team