You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-10-07] Germany vs Georgia [V]

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

[2006-10-07] Germany vs Georgia [V]

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:19 pm

It's a friendly match, and Germany are going to try a few new faces. Georgia aren't such a great outfit though, so Germany should still beat them comfortably.
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:07 pm

I was hoping this topic would appear! =)

New faces? We'll still see a few regulars though, right? I need my Schweini, Poldi, Miro, Ballack etc dose :wink:
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:17 pm

Three debutants and one comebacker have been called up for the squad of the German national team for the friendly against Georgia in Rostock on Saturday (8 pm) and the EC qualifier in Bratislava against host Slovakia four days later.
National coach Joachim Löw invited defender Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), midfielder Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV) and striker Jan Schlaudraff (Alemannia Aachen), as well as goalie Robert Enke (Hannover 96), who had been called up seven years ago for the FIFA FIFA Confederations Cup 1999 in Mexico.

14 players of the squad formed part of the team, that finished third at the World Cup this summer, only keeper internationally retired keeper Oliver Kahn and the injured Christoph Metzelder, Per Mertesacker, Jens Nowotny, Robert Huth, Gerald Asamoah, Tim Borowski, Marcell Jansen and Sebastian Kehl are missing.

Striker Oliver Neuville is also having injury problems, but has been called up nevertheless. "After a discussion with the player, I decided to invite him. There's hope, that he will be fit next week", Löw explained.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:44 pm

Low will probably rest the impact players like Lahm for the Slovakia match.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:24 am

Lahm should only play 45 minutes.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Kahn is internationally retired?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Yes, he retired right after the World Cup.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby diegis » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:50 pm

hmm Robert Enke, sounds familiar :arrow: its the one who was at barcelona?
isnt Hildebrand called up :?:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:04 pm

Yes, he was at Barcelona. He's an excellent keeper. I remember looking up about him only after watching a game of his playing against Bayern... he was doing miracle after miracle.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 am

Yeah, Hilde was called up too. He probably won't play, but who do you think will start: Enke or Lehmann?
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:08 am

I don't rate Hilderbrand much...
Mind you he can get into the starting 11 for any other team other than spain/italy and germany. But for Germany, goalkeepers are in abundance..
Wiese is very good....Rost....Enke...wow..lots of top class goalies.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:24 am

Butt, Kirchstein...

... German goalies are the envy of the world.
Hildebrand should play tomorrow...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 pm

Wow yeah they have loads of goalies :? wish they'd give some to the rest of us.
I didn't know Kahn was retired :( Shame. Who is number 2 goalie now, after Lehmann?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 pm

It's Hilderbrand I guess...
He's been on the bench for too looonng..;) . poor fellow
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:32 pm

are germany playing at home?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to German National Team