You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-10-07] Germany vs Georgia [V]

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Postby diegis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Mirage wrote:are germany playing at home?

yeh i think so :)
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:58 am

I think they're playing in the Olympia stadium.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:03 pm

It's 2-0 Germany

Schweinsteiger (24')
Ballack (67')

Red cards: Podolski, Khizanishvili
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:59 pm

podolski4life wrote:It's 2-0 Germany

Schweinsteiger (24')
Ballack (67')

Does Podolski have to miss Wednesday's match or doesn't it count?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:58 pm

Mirage wrote:
podolski4life wrote:It's 2-0 Germany

Schweinsteiger (24')
Ballack (67')

Does Podolski have to miss Wednesday's match or doesn't it count?

No, because this game was a friendly therefore it doesn't count (thank goodness!).
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:42 am

I didn't see the episode of the red card. What did Podolski do exactly? I read he kicked a player, but it didn't say whether it was off the ball and whether he was provoked...
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:44 am

Kizanishvili tackled him roughly, Podolski fell, and he kicked his shin in retaliation.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 am

Mmm... thanks. Retaliation is a very bad thing. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 am

So from the 3 newcomers, Fritz played the whole 90 minutes, Trochowski played up until the 76th minute (when he was replaced by Frings) and Schlaudraff replaced Hanke in the 65th minute (after Podolski was sent off).

Enke was called up before this match, but he never actually played. I was hoping he'd play him for a bit.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:26 am

What is so funny is that not long after Podolski got the red card, Kizanishvili ended upgetting a red card for kicking Hanke.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:04 am

MUTU wrote:Enke was called up before this match, but he never actually played. I was hoping he'd play him for a bit.

Yeah, me too. I wanted to see him in action. Maybe he'll start in the Slovakia match, but Lehmann is supposedly starting.

Great performance by Schweinsteiger. An amazing goal and an assist.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:08 am

MUTU wrote:Mmm... thanks. Retaliation is a very bad thing. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake.

Yeah, learn from his mistake and keep his temper in check next time. The thing that kind of surprised me was how confrontational he was with the ref. Oh well, there's always next time.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:53 pm

First goal

Red card

Second goal
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 am

Thanks for sharing the links to those clips!! Now, I may be viewed as a bad person for this but I didn't have a problem with what Lukas did. I don't condone what he did but it didn't really bothered me. Unfortunately, things happen and this is one of those things so I just let it roll.

That was a good shot from Bastian.

I can't wait 'till Wednesday.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:10 am

Schweini scores some beautiful goals....:)

Good that Michel scored too....now chelsea WILL beat BARCA...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team