You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-10-11] Germany vs Georgia

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Georgia will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2015-10-11] Germany vs Georgia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 am

I've just said this to a friend who supports BVB and the Ger NT.
Without the leadership of Lahm and Basti the National Elf is another team...
Now I am praying that Badstuber will be back. He is another leader...
Hummels is becoming so embarrassing... if Bads is back to his self he should make way for him.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RodePiet » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:23 am

One word....embarrassing....
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Badstuber a leader for Germany? Are you serious? :shock:

This Euro qualification has been really poor for Germany. Slow tempo, easily counter attacked due to nobody defending on midfield, vulnerable defense in almost every situation...

I'm not a huge Löw fan, but I don't think it's his fault at all. It looks like a general lack of motivation and poor form in some players. Hopefully everything will be different in 8 months.

The first step should be finding 2 DECENT fullbacks.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Why not...? Don't you admire his determination on the pitch(when he is on it) ? Yes I see him as a leader; then who is? Kroos or Hummels or maybe Hector?
As for the rest I am with you 100%
Besides lack of motivation I also observed lack of commitment and at times an arrogant approach. I remember the last game vs Gibraltar which at times we saw the WC champs struggle... Loew has a lot of work to do in order to avoid an early exit, as early as the gr stages. This is not the WC were you have to play some very modest nations

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:37 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm not a huge Löw fan, but I don't think it's his fault at all. It looks like a general lack of motivation and poor form in some players. Hopefully everything will be different in 8 months.

I have to disagree. The first step should be figuring out how to play without decent fullbacks, and that's fully on Löw. The pool of national team players is constant and there's no decent fullback, it's not like you can scout hidden gems off the market. The current system is rubbish, and the coach has to figure it out.

Taking a page out of Pep's book:

He has to work with what he has. The above are the only German players who can be considered (or close to) world class, precisely eleven of them apart from Khedira and potentially Badstuber. Why sacrifice two of them to fit in mediocre fullbacks?
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I'm not a huge Löw fan, but I don't think it's his fault at all. It looks like a general lack of motivation and poor form in some players. Hopefully everything will be different in 8 months.

I have to disagree. The first step should be figuring out how to play without decent fullbacks, and that's fully on Löw. The pool of national team players is constant and there's no decent fullback, it's not like you can scout hidden gems off the market. The current system is rubbish, and the coach has to figure it out.

Taking a page out of Pep's book:

He has to work with what he has. The above are the only German players who can be considered (or close to) world class, precisely eleven of them apart from Khedira and potentially Badstuber. Why sacrifice two of them to fit in mediocre fullbacks?

That's what I thought a while ago, but such a system takes a lot of time to master due to its fluidity. Don't think it's such a great idea for NT.
PunkCapitalist

Postby prasun77 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Hector is a very good LB.
Badstuber should in no way bench hummels..
Hummels-Boateng is as good as it gets..Hummels is out of form ..be patient..Its schweini who is becoming worse..I don't know what will become of him in 8 months..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby theundead » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:28 pm

If badstuber makes it to the Euros couldnt he play left back? Boateng as right back, Badsy as left back, hummels/mustrafi and howedes in the center.
Better yet, call up rafihna :D
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:50 pm

prasun77 wrote:Hector is a very good LB.
Badstuber should in no way bench hummels..
Hummels-Boateng is as good as it gets..Hummels is out of form ..be patient..Its schweini who is becoming worse..I don't know what will become of him in 8 months..

But Basti did not play in these two games...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Have u seen ManUtd?
Lahm has retired else would have mentioned him too..though Lahm would still be formidable as a classic RB/RWB!
but they are on a decline..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm

I am not sure that the main problem is even mentioned here: the lack of a center forward. The lack of full backs by trade as some mentioned can be addressed by some tactical changes depending on the rival. I can say more, the need of a destroyer type of player sitting on the base of the midfield is more imperative for Germany at this point than having world class fullbacks.

Germany did great on both bad games (this one and vs Eire) building up play and breaking through a dense crowd of defenders, nobody would be bitching about anything if 2 or 3 of the many clear chances would have been converted, like nobody bitched when they were against Poland and Scotland.

The real truth is that that a center forward does not exist in Germany today (at least for next summer) Muller and Gotze can provide flashes of that, Muller because he is Muller but his comfort zone is drifting wide and deep and pop up by surprise in the box, Gotze has the ball control to operate in tight spaces that center forwards should have but he is not physical to be a pure striker of that kind.

Low for the most part prefers to plug in offensive forwards in the line-up rather than using the average forwards that could be considered, other than Klose during Low's years Kuranyi and Kiessling were rapidly discarded and even Mario Gomez was never so well liked by Low.

Some are pointing out how shitty Schurrle is, well wearing a number 9 does not make you one and he looked like a statue in this game but Schurrle is a much better player operating on the wings, even more before he joined Chelsea which didn't do anything for his career.

Looking ahead there is basically a single player in the picture that could provide the goal output that could solve this problem: Davie Selke, but at only 20 it is hard to predict where he is going to be at in 2 years. If I was Low and based on how this qualification campaign went I would be calling him for the next friendlies to see how it goes. Definitely I wouldn't delay bring him up to the senior side once the Euro cycle ends.
Last edited by Jorge on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Kevin Volland and Gomez

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Kevin Volland and Gomez

I consider Volland a player similar to Gotze, not a pure box striker. Gomez is certainly one and seems to be getting into some rhythm at Besiktas but after so many interruptions by injuries it is still uncertain if he can be the striker that he once was. At 30 and after 2 years absent from the NT he will be in an uphill battle to reclaim his spot.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby albanian7 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 pm

prasun77 wrote:Have u seen ManUtd?
Lahm has retired else would have mentioned him too..though Lahm would still be formidable as a classic RB/RWB!
but they are on a decline..

He's been fine for Utd, apart from the Arsenal match, where he was paired with Carrick, reminding me of the Xabi - Basti duo that never worked

If anything, Lahm has recently declined more than him
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Of course there's a big issue with the #9 position, but for me the biggest question mark is in our defense.

Hummels--Boateng duo is world class and should stay like that. Period. But the lack of decent full backs + the lack of some muscle in midfield (Khedira, Schweinsteiger...) + the lack of motivation makes our defense struggle against ANY oposition. I'm not talking only about counter attacks. Any team can create dangerous goal chances quite easily against our defense. It doesn't matter if it's England, Faroe Islands or Gibraltar

If the team finds some stability at the back, then we can look forward and try to solve the striker issue. But with our current defensive system it doesn't matter if we play with Kruse, Gomez, Lewandowski or Gerd Müller upfront.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team