You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-29] Germany vs France

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Germany will win
88%
It will end in a draw
13%
France will win
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: [2012-02-29] Germany vs France

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 am

From the highlights it looked like the goals against were all crosses coming from Aogo's side. Not like the center backs had a particularly good game but seems like Aogo ahogó Germany. (Skip the translation, it means sunk...)

Reading the comments here I wonder why Ter Stegen wasn't picked, probably it is an age thing. [Offtopic]Seems Barza is after him according to some last minute feeds.[/off]
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah, Aogo was awful, and even more importantly, was beaten on the inside a lot. Lahm would never have that happen (being right-footed).

And Ter Stegen wasn't picked because the game was in Bremen.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I got to watch the game again last night and it didn't change much my first impression, but here a few points:

1) We haven't produced a good fullback since Lahm, and the less mediocre ones play on the same flank as him: Schmelzer and Pander (who has been doing really good after coming back from his long injury). I agree with whoever commented above that it sucks to a have a CB (Howedes or Boateng) playing as RB because it really hurts our attacking game. Beck could be an option as quaazi's lineup (one that I agree with completely) suggests. Aogo, was just terrible as everyone realized.

2) Klose is and should be the starting striker in the team. Our game is so much better with him. Yesterday he was a constant danger and he got involved in building up play; the same can't be said about Gomez, who was a ghost his whole time on the pitch.

3) Kroos does well when we are attacking (he was involved in some nice plays), but regrettably not too good when we are defending. I was surprised to see how easy it was for France to make it into our bottom quarter of the field. Which only shows how essential Schweini is for the team.
Last edited by walter on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I watched the game last night, and the German defence was the weak link.

I don't feel confident watching them.

Lacklustre in attack. The 4-2-3-1 system will be used, so is predictable. France just out played them and must be considered title challengers for Euro 2012
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby hgb09 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm

lau03143 wrote:I watched the game last night, and the German defence was the weak link.

Lacklustre in attack. The 4-2-3-1 system will be used, so is predictable. France just out played them and must be considered title challengers for Euro 2012

Hey man, r u sure u're talking about Germany? U can't write them off that quickly. A friendly doesn't mean anything and u know that some of the most important players were absent and some youngsters were given the nod. U can't expect them to play much better than that. They are not used to playing together and the French were better prepared.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

lau03143 wrote:I watched the game last night, and the German defence was the weak link.

no Lahm/Schewini/Neuer/Mueller (from start)/Poldi and Matts Hummells and Aego were in, Reus looked nervous, plus it was a friendly.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Anyone who is writing off Germany's chances just because of yesterday have no idea of the German NT. Apart from the Brazil and Holland games we never played well in friendlies, and yesterday we had many key players missing too.

However you should keep in mind that Germany have not lost or even drawn in an official match since 7 July 2010
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 pm

walter wrote:2) Klose is and should be the starting striker in the team. Our game is so much better with him. Yesterday he was a constant danger and he got involved in building up play; the same can't be said about Gomez, who was a ghost his whole time on the pitch.

I would like to dedicate this comment to MUTU just to tease him.

I couldn't agree more BTW. Klose missed some chances, but 1. He was there to miss them. 2. I really liked his involvement in build up. That's why Loew should have kept him even as second striker...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 am

walter wrote:I got to watch the game again last night and it didn't change much my first impression, but here a few points:

1) We haven't produced a good fullback since Lahm, and the less mediocre ones play on the same flank as him: Schmelzer and Pander (who has been doing really good after coming back from his long injury). I agree with whoever commented above that it sucks to a have a CB (Howedes or Boateng) playing as RB because it really hurts our attacking game. Beck could be an option as quaazi's lineup (one that I agree with completely) suggests. Aogo, was just terrible as everyone realized.

2) Klose is and should be the starting striker in the team. Our game is so much better with him. Yesterday he was a constant danger and he got involved in building up play; the same can't be said about Gomez, who was a ghost his whole time on the pitch.

3) Kroos does well when we are attacking (he was involved in some nice plays), but regrettably not too good when we are defending. I was surprised to see how easy it was for France to make it into our bottom quarter of the field. Which only shows how essential Schweini is for the team.

=D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Re: General German national team thread

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 pm

tflags wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:Considering how many Bayern players are on the German NT, they could use a good showing in the upcoming friendly against France. Let's hope they win that match and bring success back with them to Munchen.

On the other hand, considering the single Bayern player on the French team and his performance today I think we might as well loose that match...

You called it, brother. Granted I'm not happy about the result.
Afterwards, I immediately became concerned about today's BL match against Leverkusen and look what happened. Not only doeas this not bode well for Bayern but if their poor form continues it will have an impact on the German NT as well, since so many Bayern players are on the NT squad.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to German National Team