You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-10-14] Germany vs Finland

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

[2009-10-14] Germany vs Finland

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 pm

With Germany already qualified for WC 2010 who will Loew pick for his starting XI? I read on the DFB website that Andreas Beck and Piotr Trowchoski are starting. Ballack is out with an ankle injury and Boateng is serving a one game suspension for the two yellow cards from the Russia match. The bigger question is whether Germany will play the match as if it's a friendly, since they don't need any more points, or go hard and get the victory?
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: [2009-10-14]Germany vs Finland

Postby Element » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

1-1

Podolski scored in 90th minute

Both team line ups here http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/d ... menko.html
WORLD CUP FEVER :D
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 pm

It was the lame kind of game I was expecting. In the last ECQ, Germany lost 3-0 against the Czech Republic after being qualified mathematically, so this time it didn't turn out to be that bad. Gomez had an awful match again, you can just feel that this guy has zero confidence at the moment, every time he touches the ball, has to be said that he didn't get much support from midfield either. I thought Beck had a pretty decent game and Lahm should have been given a pause in this one, instead he played the full 90 minutes again.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm

MrLinky wrote:It was the lame kind of game I was expecting. In the last ECQ, Germany lost 3-0 against the Czech Republic after being qualified mathematically, so this time it didn't turn out to be that bad. Gomez had an awful match again, you can just feel that this guy has zero confidence at the moment, every time he touches the ball, has to be said that he didn't get much support from midfield either. I thought Beck had a pretty decent game and Lahm should have been given a pause in this one, instead he played the full 90 minutes again.

Couldn't agree more, a sad showing by Germany. The Hamburg crowd whistled them off the pitch at half time which drew some comments from Ballack after the match. Gomez is playing so poorly right now for both club & country that I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is off the NT roster for the upcoming friendlies in November. I too thought Beck had a good game even though he was partially responsible for the Finland goal. I was surprised that so much of the German attack was coming from his side instead of Lahm's but that could have been Loew's idea to give the youngster some time with the ball. I would have enjoyed seeing Marin play but it was obvious that Loew wanted at least one point out of this unimportant match.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Gomez is the shittiest player ever as I said
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Return to German National Team