You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-07] Germany vs Faroe Islands

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Faroe Islands will win
25%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2012-09-07] Germany vs Faroe Islands

Postby MoFattal » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:46 pm

The scoreline isn't that much flattering, but to be fair, the Faroe Islands goalie did have a great game. Lahm was not himself today, and had an error similar to that against Italy early in the first half. The Dortmund duo upfront played some really nice football. AND OZIL LASTED 90 MINUTES :shock:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 am

And another Müller cross ends up as an assist. "awful crossing" indeed.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby samaj » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:51 am

I missed the match last night, can someone tell me the line up?
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 am

samaj wrote:I missed the match last night, can someone tell me the line up?

Neuer

Lahm
Hummels
Mertesacker
Badstuber

Khedira
Goetze

Mueller
Oezil
Reus

Klose
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 am

The first two goals were incredible =P~
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Götze =P~

Can anyone explain me what's the point of playing MERTESACKER again? But even worse... what the hell is Badstuber doing at LB once again? #-o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Löw is a coward is why.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I've already left a little review on the news thread for this match but since not many care enough as to view the news, here it is:
Not a very good result for zee Germans. It was blown out of proportion with some saying it could hit 5, 6 or even 7-0! The Faroes do have to be commended on their good brave defending, call it park the bus and counter, so they did, but their options were pretty much restricted to reactive football against such a notorious team like Germany. Their goalkeeper also had an excellent game with a very impressive quick reflex close range block to Reus early on and another dive to catch a Muller shot. The first 2 goals were very well done and as for the 3rd one it was a very good counter to hit them on the break and Ozil did wonderful to deliver a good pass to combine with Muller then run into space to pounce on the low cross delivered by Muller, keeper had hardly any chance, it was a good goal.

However it was still a sub-par performance from Germany. The main focus was Lahm's dreadful positioning when the counter was initiated. Too far from the attacker to cover him but still managed JUST to keep him onside. Other than that we also looked dreadful defending the counter and were impotent in the attack, too much working of the ball and not so much just trying to shoot, even then the shots were aimed right at Nielsen. The 4-1-4-1 was a bad choice against a counter-attacking team.The area behind the striker was simply overcrowded and the 1 DM was quite attacking. We simply needed a Sven Bender or the like as Khedira is somewhat neglecting his duty in defence and is not being able to provide good enough cover for the back 4.

Overall we worked hard for the win, perhaps harder than we should've, but the Faroe defence really gave us a run for our money and their goalkeeper was on form that day. Loew still needs a few things to iron out and I will admit that he is a bit more of a motivator than a tactician, but I simply believe he is completely losing his touch. What happened to "as soon as we get the ball, I expect it to be in the back of the net in no longer than 10 seconds"? What happened to that Loew? Some could argue that for a team that has now gained more fame it would be hard to play more quick counter reactive football, but I believe that while that is still a factor our attacks are simply too slow and boringly worked nowadays. Loew just isn't the modern coach he was in 2010, he needs to pull it together, but that is a subject for another day. I will still congratulate Germany on the win and hope there are more wins all around to come!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 pm

What happened to "as soon as we get the ball, I expect it to be in the back of the net in no longer than 10 seconds"? What happened to that Loew? Some could argue that for a team that has now gained more fame it would be hard to play more quick counter reactive football, but I believe that while that is still a factor our attacks are simply too slow and boringly worked nowadays. Loew just isn't the modern coach he was in 2010, he needs to pull it together, but that is a subject for another day.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to German National Team