You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-26] Germany vs England

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Germany will win
71%
It will end in a draw
No votes
England will win
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2016-03-26] Germany vs England

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:20 am

Is it just me or Neuer has been somehow too "human" this season?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:19 am

Lukas wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:
Lukas wrote:What a great, meaningless win that was for England. Just like the last time they played in Germany

Did you them twats celebrating as if they actually won a important game?

Thankfully I did not. I switched off after the third goal. As I mentioned previously in this thread, the England cricket team won a very important match yesterday and are into the semi final of a world event. That is something worth celebrating and something our overhyped footballers and their moronic fans can only dream about

Watched the cricket as well jos buttler was immense and yes it was a friendly but why not enjoy beating the world champions from 2-0 down away, yes it was meaningless but im still happy when my country wins
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:32 am

MoFattal wrote:Is it just me or Neuer has been somehow too "human" this season?

He did set expectations really high and after that World Cup performance it was meant to go downhill. He still is the best goalkeeper in the world but he's seen better days too.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:26 pm

He should pass less... and just kick it forward sometimes because many know our system better and they're pressing him and the defense more.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby endrity » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Neuer made a few good saves yesterday.

Other than, it was clear that Germany's best team was way ahead of the English, only when the usual subsitutions interrupted the flow of the game, did the game change.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby German-American » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:07 am

Many people are freaking out over us lossing, but i think its ok. We shouldve played better but we also had a lot of new faces on the pitch. Tah is not ready for the squad yet. Boateng and Hummels are needed at CB, can Mustafi play full back? thought I heard something like that.
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Argeta » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:54 am

German-American wrote:Many people are freaking out over us lossing, but i think its ok. We shouldve played better but we also had a lot of new faces on the pitch. Tah is not ready for the squad yet. Boateng and Hummels are needed at CB, can Mustafi play full back? thought I heard something like that.

Yes he can but he was awful as a fullback during the WC
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:52 pm

MUTU wrote:

He did set expectations really high and after that World Cup performance it was meant to go downhill. He still is the best goalkeeper in the world but he's seen better days too.

Obviously with a better defensive line he can do better but I still do not understand the no players on the posts to defend corner kicks. Is it that he is trying to be innovative? Obviously it has been proven again and again that it does not work.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Obviously with a better defensive line he can do better but I still do not understand the no players on the posts to defend corner kicks. Is it that he is trying to be innovative? Obviously it has been proven again and again that it does not work.

Hard to gauge the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of this technique. Remember that no players at the posts translates to a higher chance of winning the ball in the air. Also if a player is at a post and the ball is headed towards the top corner, the (usually short) defending player won't be able to reach it but would instead interfere with a possible diving save attempt by the goalkeeper. I don't think either technique is out rightly better.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Hard to gauge the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of this technique.

He could back up his statement with some kind of statistical analysis or work. :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:11 pm

MUTU wrote:Hard to gauge the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of this technique. Remember that no players at the posts translates to a higher chance of winning the ball in the air. Also if a player is at a post and the ball is headed towards the top corner, the (usually short) defending player won't be able to reach it but would instead interfere with a possible diving save attempt by the goalkeeper. I don't think either technique is out rightly better.

I heard this explanation before: it provides a pocket for Neuer to operate as well as the possibility of playing the offside trap if there is a double header but the fact is that the amount of free shots from corner kicks that opponents for both Bayern and Germany produce does not justify the intend. In this specific case (and it is not the first time) more players in the box did not prevent the header and a defender at the post would have cleared the ball easily.

In summary, based on what I have seen for many years the large majority of goalkeepers at least place one defender on the post (the far post) and many cover both posts that's why I am inclined to believe this has to do with innovation more than with common practice. It would be interesting to see how Neuer will defend against corner kicks taken by Diego Simeone's teams since the purpose of one idea is the antithesis of the other.

This text is from a Goalkeeper's manual:
" Covering the posts: Two defenders can be positioned on each post to help the keeper. The defender on the near post should not obstruct the keeper's view (1 meter away and slightly in front of the post - see Figure 2). His major concern is the space in front of him as the goalkeeper and other defender are covering behind, especially when corners are hit to the near post. The defender on the far post should be positioned on the line for the best possible view. These defenders are useful in not only clearing shots off the line, but in covering the keeper if he decides to attempt to punch or catch the ball. If the ball is cleared, both should attempt to move out as quickly as possible so as not to play the opposition onside.

Covering the penalty area: Many goals are scored in and around this area, especially from headers. The front of the goal must be covered by several defenders. Defenders can adopt a "Zone Marking" policy where each defender is responsible for a particular space. If the ball enters this area, he should challenge for it and prevent any attacker from gaining possession.

Otherwise, a man-to-man marking method may be employed. This involves an attacking player being designated to a defender who must follow him at all times. Tall defenders are often moved up from the back to capitalize on their heading ability. Close marking by defenders (who should match them in terms of size and heading ability) can help prevent them creating chances or scoring goals. Some teams may find it useful to combine "Zone Marking" and "Man for Man Marking" This allows different areas to be effectively covered whilst the most dangerous attackers are closely marked.

Figure 2 below demonstrates a well-balanced variation on player positions during a corner-kick. If the ball is played either to the near or back post, there is adequate cover. If the ball is played into the penalty spot area or outside the area (especially if another attacker is introduced into the area of the kicker for a short corner), then cover is also available. The weak factor is if the ball is cleared, then there is little possibility of a counterattack and if the opposition team quickly regains possession, pressure can be immediately put back on the defense.

Generally, player positions should be based on the opposition's formation and moves. If for example, the opposition places a player with good heading ability at the near post, the defense may want to place another defender in front of him so he is "sandwiched" to reduce his potency".

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to German National Team