You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-15] Germany vs Cyprus

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Who will win the match between Germany and Cyprus?

1) Germany will win
100%
2) It will be a draw
No votes
3) Cyprus will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

[2006-11-15] Germany vs Cyprus

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:47 am

Germany's last match of the year and the one before the big game against the Czech Republic. They're playing in Cyprus but I don't think Cyprus will have any advantage over Germany so I'm gonna pick Germany. I think Klose will get one goal.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:12 am

Per Mertesacker is able to play again, so he’ll be in the squad for Germany. I’ve voted Germany win.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:32 am

This rates as an easy match for Germany. Greece aren't anywhere near the form they showed in Euro 2004.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Der Kaiserin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Goalkeeper

12 Timo Hildebrand 05.04.1979 VfB Stuttgart ( 4 นัด 0 ประตู)
1 Jens Lehmann 10.11.1969 Arsenal London (42 นัด 0 ประตู)

Defender

25 Malik Fathi 29.10.1983 Hertha BSC Berlin ( 2 นัด 0 ประตู)
3 Arne Friedrich 29.05.1979 Hertha BSC Berlin (47 นัด 0 ประตู)
24 Manuel Friedrich 13.09.1979 1. FSV Mainz 05 ( 5 นัด 1 ประตู)
27 Clemens Fritz 07.12.1980 Werder Bremen ( 2 นัด 0 ประตู)
16 Philipp Lahm 11.11.1983 FC Bayern M�nchen ( 29 นัด 2 ประตู)
17 Per Mertesacker 29.09.1984 Werder Bremen ( 29 นัด 1 ประตู)

Midfielder

13 Michael Ballack 26.09.1976 FC Chelsea London (74 นัด 34 ประตู)
8 Torsten Frings 22.11.1976 Werder Bremen ( 63 นัด 8 ประตู)
15 Thomas Hitzlsperger 05.04.1982 VfB Stuttgart ( 19 นัด 2 ประตู)
22 David Odonkor 21.02.1984 Betis Sevilla ( 9 นัด 0 ประตู)
19 Bernd Schneider 17.11.1973 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (75 นัด 3 ประตู)
7 Bastian Schweinsteiger 01.08.1984 FC Bayern M�nchen (40 นัด 13 ประตู)
28 Piotr Trochowski 22.03.1984 Hamburger SV (2 นัด 0 ประตู)

Forword

9 Mike Hanke 05.11.1983 VfL Wolfsburg ( 9 นัด 1 ประตู)
11 Miroslav Klose 09.06.1978 Werder Bremen ( 66 นัด 33 ประตู)
10 Oliver Neuville 01.05.1973 Borussia M๖nchengladbach (64 นัด 9 ประตู)
29 Jan Schlaudraff 18.07.1983 Alemannia Aachen ( 1 นัด 0 ประตู)

PS. นัด = Match
PSS. ประตู = Goal

Defender line in my mind

Lahm ---Merte ---Arne -- Fritz (or Jansen ???)

it is hard work for Lov to choose defender line when Metze come back
Der Kaiserin
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:18 pm

MUTU wrote:This rates as an easy match for Germany. Greece aren't anywhere near the form they showed in Euro 2004.

Greece? are we plaing greece or cyprus?
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:33 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:This rates as an easy match for Germany. Greece aren't anywhere near the form they showed in Euro 2004.

Germany plays vs Cyprus away @ Nicosia
i think Mutu confused them :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

Germany win. Although more pressure on Klose and midfield goal-getters like Ballack and Schweini, 'cause Podolski isn't there. He seems to perform better for country too.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:39 am

supr4king wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Germany plays vs Cyprus away @ Nicosia
i think Mutu confused them :P

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't know what got over me lol. I deserve to be bad repped for that post :) Should be even easier for us then...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MissFCB » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Easy match for Germany :D ... but Löw didn´t nominate Ottl for the match :cry: he should give him a chance to play for the NT
74,75,76 und ihr werdet alle sehen, Mailand 2001 war noch nicht das letzte mal, denn wir fahren nach Athen!
MissFCB
Getting the hang of it

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:28 pm

ottl will not fit in the german midfield as there is stiif comp. from the world class def. mid. frings :roll:
Last edited by dracus on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:53 am

Agreed. There are better DM than Ottl for the NT at the moment. Ottl is still young and eligible to play for the Under 21, which is what he's doing. Should Frings get injured, you have to assume that Kehl would be playing instead.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dracus » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:41 am

MUTU wrote:Agreed. There are better DM than Ottl for the NT at the moment. Ottl is still young and eligible to play for the Under 21, which is what he's doing. Should Frings get injured, you have to assume that Kehl would be playing instead.

Or borowski or trachowski
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:09 pm

It’s doubtful if Trochowski will play in the Cyprus match. He’s picked up an injury, along with Schneider.
Lehmann is set to miss this match too. He's out with a heavy cold, so Hildebrand will almost definitely start.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 pm

podolski4life wrote:It’s doubtful if Trochowski will play in the Cyprus match. He’s picked up an injury, along with Schneider.
Lehmann is set to miss this match too. He's out with a heavy cold, so Hildebrand will almost definitely start.

Yeah, Hildebrand will start the game and Trochowski and Scheider did report to the team in Frankfurt but more than likely they won't go with the team to Cyprus. Bummer!!!

Even with all the injuries (also sickness in this case) that the team has, I hope they can still pull out a big win.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:46 am

true but again at Euro qualify groups 2004 we were nothing ..haha but when we turned up at the Euro in Portugal we simply wrote history :lol: 8)
ps : Cyprus is you can say a independent Greek island. Its just Greece in a smaller version.
and MUTU Germany is playing Cy and not Gre
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to German National Team