You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-15] Germany vs Cyprus

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Who will win the match between Germany and Cyprus?

1) Germany will win
100%
2) It will be a draw
No votes
3) Cyprus will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:48 am

Did i mention that i live in CYprus but now im a student here in England..? :lol:
if i was there now i would go and watch the game ..daaaamn :cry:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:14 am

Loew said that Cyprus would be their most difficult opponent to date, and they can not underestimate them. He even said they're were better team than Slovakia and Ireland (Ooohhhh).

I'm not sure if he's made the announcement as to who's gonna start in place of Podolski. It's either gonna be Neville or Hanke. I think I would go with Hanke, but that's just my opinion.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Cyprus results so far in Group D:
Slovakia 6 - 1 Cyprus
Cyprus 5 - 2 Republic of Ireland :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wales 3 - 1 Cyprus
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:11 pm

They taught Ireland a good lesson...:)...
So, if we go by that result, then we should be a little careful.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Germany has 11 injured players out. Wow!! That's a squad (on the field) right there. Both Schnieder and Trochowski have pulled out and Paul Frier of Leverkausen is starting in this game.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:52 pm

Frier is good..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Frier is good..

freier actually :lol: :twisted:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Stuttgart goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand is set to start the game after Arsenal's Jens Lehmann was ruled out with flu.

The Germany number one will not make the trip to Nicosia, meaning Low has also called Hannover's Robert Enke into his squad as a replacement.

Germany goalkeeping coach Andreas Kopke got a close look at both Enke and Hildebrand on Sunday after Hannover and Stuttgart met in the Bundesliga, with Hildebrand's Stuttgart claiming a 2-1 win to move to the top of the German top flight.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:23 pm

We score already.
and it is Michael Ballack.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 pm

It's a tied game at half-time. Also, there have been plenty of yellow cards shown. It's an agressive game. Cyprus is playing well and they are not backing down at all.

Edited to add that Klose got one of the yellow cards and I do believe that means he will miss the next match against the Czech Republic because he got one in an earlier match.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Isn't this the first time Germany conceded a goal after Loew took over?
I guess so. :roll:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:06 pm

It ends 1-1.
Disappointing I should say. :shock:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 pm

Final result: 1-1 (Thanks Timo!)

I just don't know what to say about this game. They did not play well at all. They kept turning the ball over. I started to wonder if they knew the color of their uniform by the way they kept giving the ball back to Cyprus.

Fritz received a yellow card which means he'll miss the Czech Republic game because that was his second yellow card.

I don't think Germany would've lost if Lehmann was there. I do believe he would've caught the ball unlike Timo who can put his hands on it and that's it. Also, Timo's clearance was horrendous. Heck, even the announcer made a comment about how poor his clearances were. His clearances never even got close to the mid-field. One time, he actually kicked the ball to his teammate. :shock: Another time the ball slowed down and it looked like he slowed down with it and when he kicked the ball it got blocked. Luckily, he was able to get back into position to prevent any more goals, but that was because the ball went far after it got blocked.

Cyprus played like they wanted to win and Germany looked too soft. They did not attack and were not that aggressive. They knew this game was not going to be easy but they still undersestimated Cyprus. Hopefully, they will not play like this against the Czech Republic.

For Cyprus, this was a victory, and for Germany, this was a defeat because everyone thought they would win this game.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:27 pm

Nice analysis there....I always thought Timo sucked.....I just hope he doesn't become No 1 after Lehmann quits..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:55 pm

I just want to be clear that the Cyprus goal was not all of Timo's fault. The defense was not that great, especially from Bastian (don't know what was wrong with him today). However, Timo knew he should've caught that ball because after it went it, he just layed on the grass with his face buried in it. That reaction tells me that he knew he should've caught it but didn't.

Well, we no longer have a clean record for holding opponents out of the net but it was bound to happen.

BTW...I know this is a little off topic, but is it me or does anybody else think Klose has put highlights in his hair? :lol: My friend mentioned it during the game and now has got me wondering.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team