You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-06-22] Germany vs Chile

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Germany will win
60%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Chile will win
40%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2017-06-22] Germany vs Chile

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Despite the late Germany goal by Stindl,Vidal,Diaz,Hernandes and Aranguiz was totally dominant in the middle against Can,Rudy,Goretzka and Draxler in the first half.Alexis was the best player in the first 45.Also..Vidal is playing as a striker lol.I can be only happy for Kimmich-his long range passing is getting better every day,and the style of passing seems very beautiful.First i was against playing him as a RB,but after his last Interviews,and a little playing time on the right,i'm very confident with him as a RB.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dusel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Despite the late Germany goal by Stindl,Vidal,Diaz,Hernandes and Aranguiz was totally dominant in the middle against Can,Rudy,Goretzka and Draxler in the first half.Alexis was the best player in the first 45.

Are we watching the same match? I did not see the same thing. I checked the stats just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks, and possession is 53% Germany 47% Chile.

Also..Vidal is playing as a striker lol.I can be only happy for Kimmich-his long range passing is getting better every day,and the style of passing seems very beautiful.First i was against playing him as a RB,but after his last Interviews,and a little playing time on the right,i'm very confident with him as a RB.

This I agree with. Kimmich is showing he is extremely capable at RB.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ollio » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Dusel wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Despite the late Germany goal by Stindl,Vidal,Diaz,Hernandes and Aranguiz was totally dominant in the middle against Can,Rudy,Goretzka and Draxler in the first half.Alexis was the best player in the first 45.

Are we watching the same match? I did not see the same thing. I checked the stats just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks, and possession is 53% Germany 47% Chile.

Maybe the possession is there, but what I saw was Chiles pressing working very effectively, and Germany possession not really bearing fruit. Dominance by cutting out the chances and forcing to revert to just backpassing. Of course, one moment of being effective in possession can be enough for Germany if they can hold on. Though I'm just half watching while working again.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Dusel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

First half -

Positives for Bayern
1) Kimmich is continuing to show he can handle RB at the top level
2) Sule was the best CB for Germany (although Ginter and Mustafi were poor, so that doesn't say much! :lol: )
3) Vidal was doing everything for Chile, great match for him
4) Sanchez may see the strength of the Bundesliga having this much difficulty with Germany's "B" team

Negatives for Bayern
1) Rudy is playing like the substitute/rotation player we all expect him to be. Definitely not overachieving
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Dusel wrote:

I cannot agree with that.Germany was only good in the last 10-15 miutes.It's not all for the numbers,but it's different when you defenders are playing and passing most of the time with the ball (exept for Rudy,and Can in the MF after the 25th minute),and when Vidal,Aranguiz,Isla and Alexis are passing the ball in front of the penalty box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dusel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Ollio wrote:
Dusel wrote:

Maybe the possession is there, but what I saw was Chiles pressing working very effectively, and Germany possession not really bearing fruit. Dominance by cutting out the chances and forcing to revert to just backpassing. Of course, one moment of being effective in possession can be enough for Germany if they can hold on. Though I'm just half watching while working again.

True, however I didn't see either side dominating. I thought Germany was doing slightly better for the first half, which the stats backed up (possession, shots on goal, etc.), but I accept that others will have different opinions.

I just found the description of Chile to be dominating the first half surprising.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dusel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Dusel wrote:

I cannot agree with that.Germany was only good in the last 10-15 miutes.It's not all for the numbers,but it's different when you defenders are playing and passing most of the time with the ball (exept for Rudy,and Can in the MF after the 25th minute),and when Vidal,Aranguiz,Isla and Alexis are passing the ball in front of the penalty box.

Fair enough if you disagree. I thought Germany was slightly better, you thought Chile dominated.

You use Flashscore for match stats, I got mine from Transfermarkt.de.

Not a big deal my friend! Let's enjoy the 2nd half. Cheers!
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ollio » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Dusel wrote:
Ollio wrote:
Dusel wrote:Are we watching the same match? I did not see the same thing. I checked the stats just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks, and possession is 53% Germany 47% Chile.

True, however I didn't see either side dominating. I thought Germany was doing slightly better for the first half, which the stats backed up (possession, shots on goal, etc.), but I accept that others will have different opinions.

I just found the description of Chile to be dominating the first half surprising.

Yeah I didn't really feel "domination" per se but I definitely felt their gameplan was good and well executed, worked well against the Germans tactics and felt a bit more confident and in sync with each other. It shows that these German players are still feeling each other out a bit.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby KrampusIsReal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Can't believe we haven't used a sub yet like Werner

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JJJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Vidal is showing more and more why people might hate him (and why we love him). As an example that unnecessary kick against Joshua (clearly the whistle was already blown).

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby fpaz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

I do not like Rudy in this confederation cup, he seems slow, poorly positioned, I expected more and I'm afraid he'll go bad in Bayern
Bayerische Traktor
fpaz
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Dusel wrote:
Dusel wrote:Despite the late Germany goal by Stindl,Vidal,Diaz,Hernandes and Aranguiz was totally dominant in the middle against Can,Rudy,Goretzka and Draxler in the first half.Alexis was the best player in the first 45.

Fair enough if you disagree. I thought Germany was slightly better, you thought Chile dominated.

You use Flashscore for match stats, I got mine from Transfermarkt.de.

Not a big deal my friend! Let's enjoy the 2nd half. Cheers![/quote]

I was talking about domination in the midfield (not overall).In my second post i forgot to write that i was talking about the MF again,but doesn't matter ! Great game to watch.Cheers ! :thumbup:
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dusel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 pm

fpaz wrote:I do not like Rudy in this confederation cup, he seems slow, poorly positioned, I expected more and I'm afraid he'll go bad in Bayern

Nagelsmann found a perfect role for Rudy to play to his strengths - the DM/#6/dlp in a 3-1-4-2. That doesn't exist at Bayern or for Germany, although I think Rudy will be an adequate substitute/back-up for the deep lying play-maker position at Bayern.

I agree he struggled today in a 2 man midfield. Definitely not his strength to try to be a box-to-box.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Both teams were happy with the draw ... just saying... the second half was a formality... what a joke

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team