You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-03-05] Germany vs Chile

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Germany will win
70%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Chile will win
30%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2014-03-05] Germany vs Chile

Postby MatZam » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm

I only watched the second half, but I was feeling sure we were going to get completely creamed. Disappointing performance.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Element wrote:Other than Neuer and Boateng (and maybe Lahm)

All players sucked badly

On the other side: chiles pressing,Possession and through passes are beautiful

I beg to differ.
It was a poor game from Lahm. He didn't have the impact he should have had as CM.
Basti had a good enough game. At times he was at 10 and Kroos in mid-field with Lahm.
Goetze/Ozil were fine enough.
Defense was poor. Boa/Per did make many clearances, FBs poor. There were too many attacks from the wings.

Kroos, on the other hand, had a very poor game in my perspective. Misplaced passes in first half and even in second. He did make some good tackles though. And Germany need a new Corner kick taker. 3-4 corners taken by him were very poor.
Ozil should have taken them. I don't understand why they go for flat kick on corners. Kroos, most of the times and Ribery, almost always take them that way. There's no curve/swerve/dip; plain flat kick which either meets the first guy or goes beyond the post.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm

And I don't agree with the whistles when Özil was subbed off... He wasn't great, but at least gave the assist to the only goal.

Although, I agree with the whistles in the end of the match. Pretty pissed about it. :evil:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:39 pm

I have not watched a German NT game in ages, but bad performances seem to be becoming the trend. They need to get it together quickly.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 pm

The players were not in the mood tp play this useless friendly and that is all... Such friendlies are waste of time and energy as I like to say. And when playing teams such as Chile the damage looks bigger cause they will be eager to show off. Look at Italy they are playing Spain (a team with nothing to new to show)
The coaches and the supporters shall not be angry or worried they should have noticed the indifference in most of the German players. The timing of all these international games is senseless.
And what about Loew, at least he should have started or handing more minutes to the new players and not introduce them in the 88th minute!
I'd say that the big clubs must lobby to end this non-sense and players will only be sent to the NT by the end or mid April. So they'll have a month or so to prepare for the coming tournament...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am

Reading a few comments on Bild.de and they sound like comments from England fans about England (apart from them being in German) Comments like "Ghana, USA and Portugal have nothing to fear", "Jogi out", Surely they weren't that bad?
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby SouthernStar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 am

So a Basti & Lahm holding midfield combo are a no go?

Lahm back to RB then...

Anything to take Grosskreutz... off the team please...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:04 am

SouthernStar wrote:So a Basti & Lahm holding midfield combo are a no go?

Lahm back to RB then...

I agree with you about Lahm. However Germay needs the Grosskreutz type
of player; besides his ability to play im every pos he is a fihter and ass kicker unlike
Ozil Reus Kroos Draxle etc
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 am

Lukas wrote:Reading a few comments on Bild.de and they sound like comments from England fans about England (apart from them being in German) Comments like "Ghana, USA and Portugal have nothing to fear", "Jogi out", Surely they weren't that bad?

To be fair, quite a number of people have been wanting Jogi out for some time. But yesterday Germany were 'that bad', the Chilean attackers were ending up alone in front of goal and Boateng and Mertesacker flying in with last ditch clearances or the opposition players missing glorious chances (like the player who shot from around 5 yards out with practically an open goal and hit the underside of the bar).

On the attacking front, all we managed during the second half was a few quick counterattacks which were decent, but nothing came of them. Germany certainly didn't play possession football, we could barely hang on to the ball.

The only positives I can see from this match is that we showed we can grind out a result even against the run of play, and that we kept a clean sheet.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am

MatZam wrote:The only positives I can see from this match is that we showed we can grind out a result even against the run of play, and that we kept a clean sheet.

The only thing we showed is that we can be reeeeally lucky sometimes...
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SouthernStar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am

ramsej84 wrote:
SouthernStar wrote:So a Basti & Lahm holding midfield combo are a no go?

Lahm back to RB then...

I agree with you about Lahm. However Germay needs the Grosskreutz type
of player; besides his ability to play im every pos he is a fihter and ass kicker unlike
Ozil Reus Kroos Draxle etc

Whoscored apparently has Lahm as MotM btw. Gross is versatile, a utility man and it's nice for the NT to have a player like him, but that does not mean that he can be put in just any position and play well. Germany just needs to find a consistent fullback pairing, don't think that the Schmel+Gross combo works that well - it has served BVB well during their injury crisis, but it's not good enough for a team with WC ambitions imo.The thing is JLo is trying to play the BVB and Bayern players in their respective positions in the club - one team's formula just can't be replicated to the other and this is where it seems messy... especially the midfield; lots of players are talented yet JLo just seems to change his midfield pretty much all the time with no discernible pattern of purpose. Granted this is a friendly and a place for him to experiment, but a lot of players just seem to lack any clarity. The team also lacks Reus' sharpness and Muller's unpredictability for sure.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:47 pm

I think Schmelzer was caught out of position every time. Our defending in the final 15 minutes was shameful
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby walter » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

It won't happen but the changes I think necessary:

1) Merte out. For christ sake! this guy might be a smart player, but he is too damn slow and it's gonna be too easy for a Messi, Aguero, or Neymar to go past him. Since Jogi likes him I don't see him being dropped.

2) Reus and Muller should be our wide attacking mids.

3) Klose is just too old to be used as a starter. The problem now is the lack of a proper replacement.

4) Kroos had a horrible game but he should be ahead of Ozil in the pecking order for the CAM position. Same goes for Goetze (better than Ozil).

5) Lahm has to play RB. It's fine to see Loew experimenting with him in midfield but we just don't have competent full-backs.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:44 pm

walter wrote:It won't happen but the changes I think necessary:

1) Merte out. For christ sake! this guy might be a smart player, but he is too damn slow and it's gonna be too easy for a Messi, Aguero, or Neymar to go past him. Since Jogi likes him I don't see him being dropped.

2) Reus and Muller should be our wide attacking mids.

3) Klose is just too old to be used as a starter. The problem now is the lack of a proper replacement.

4) Kroos had a horrible game but he should be ahead of Ozil in the pecking order for the CAM position. Same goes for Goetze (better than Ozil).

5) Lahm has to play RB. It's fine to see Loew experimenting with him in midfield but we just don't have competent full-backs.

I will solve all your problems.

#MUTUforNTcoach

When Gomez is not getting fed enough balls, put in Goetze in attack and Reus in the LAM role (where Goetze is now).

Formation gives defensive stability with a lot of potential for quick counters.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm

I actually do like that idea a lot, MUTU. It won't happen though, as experimental as Loew has been lately I doubt he will drop his preferred 4-2-3-1
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team