You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-10] Germany vs Brazil

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Germany will win
56%
It will end in a draw
44%
Brazil will win
No votes

Total votes : 9

Re: [2011-08-10] Germany vs Brazil

Postby tappinho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 pm

walter wrote:A few points from the game:

1) The "Bayern syndrome" was apparent in the first half, that is, dominating posession but not creating enough clear chances.
2) Ozil now will have good competition for the "10" position. This is great, Ozil needs that.
3) It seems we have solved the weakest link problem in defense: Merte out, Hummels in.
4) The competition in CM will be fierce: Schweini, Kroos, Khedira, Gundogan, Rolfes, Bender.
5) Lots of sloppy passes from Kroos but also some brilliant stuff. He just needs to be more alert, focused, and careful.
6) Podolski is not impressing and he's risking losing his place to Schuerrle; however, he is still running a lot and fighting every ball.

A very good post, I totally agree with it.
Especially the 5th point, because having watched the whole match I have to say Kroos was great in the build up, but lost a couple of terrible balls in the middle giving Brazil the chances to counter. That's why I'm still a bit doubtful about his CM role, in the NT and at FCB too.
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MilanFan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 am

If Germany dont win a Euro or a WC withing the next 10 years it will be ridiculous

that squad is just nutz

on par with Brazil in terms of talent but they have orginisation and team link up play

Brazil right now dont have it

If they sort themeselves out by WC time

Germany-Brazil final :shock:

that would be such an epic game
MilanFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 am

Element wrote:Kroos pass to Goetzes Goal WAS SICK (also Goetze's stuff was mad)

Yes, he broke open a defense of T.Silva and Lucio and made them look like fools. :) Now why can't he do that at Bayern?

RAJBAYERN wrote:I can't understand why the perfomance of Schweini, Kroos and Badstuber were better against Brazil than with bayern against monchengladbach...

I think it is the style Germany play. Loew has created a style which fits in perfectly with the team. Considering most of the team is made up by Bayern players, we should try to copy it as much as possible.

MilanFan wrote:If Germany dont win a Euro or a WC withing the next 10 years it will be ridiculous

that squad is just nutz

Call me biased if you like, but this squad is capable of setting records, when you consider how young the team is and also that new talents keep coming through every year.

In 7 years time (WC 2018) most of the team will still be playing, and while some will be over 30, others will be at the perfect age (Ozil, Goetze, Muller etc.). This squad is capable of winning the next 2 EC AND the next 2 WC, but I'm not expecting that. We cannot forget that other teams have great talent coming in too.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 am

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Any download links yet? thanks.

If you wait a bit... ;)

match-downloads-f14/germany-vs-brazil-t7069.html

:)

Got it MUTU. Thanks again.

I saw the formation, a mad 4 - 1 - 4 - 1. Tactics aside, this lets all our talented forward midfielders a chance for magic at the same time but puts all the burden of defensive midfield duties to Schewini alone. Apparently he was able to hold it and we beat Brazil for the first time in 18 years... Low is reaching 'mad genius' proportions.

One line conclusion: We are running low on strikers and oughta have a sale on midfielders.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think it is the style Germany play. Loew has created a style which fits in perfectly with the team. Considering most of the team is made up by Bayern players, we should try to copy it as much as possible.

Agree 100%. I've been saying that until WC2010. We should replicate these tactics.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In 7 years time (WC 2018) most of the team will still be playing, and while some will be over 30, others will be at the perfect age (Ozil, Goetze, Muller etc.). This squad is capable of winning the next 2 EC AND the next 2 WC, but I'm not expecting that. We cannot forget that other teams have great talent coming in too.

Not always the best teams win trophies. We should not forget that even in 1974 WC final we weren't the favorites - Cruyff and co. with their total football were, but we won it.
But all things seem to agree that we were fortunate with this generation of talented players and they are capable of winning the next 2 WC.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Has anyone even won back-to-back World Cups?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:09 pm

AvatarX wrote:Not always the best teams win trophies. We should not forget that even in 1974 WC final we weren't the favorites - Cruyff and co. with their total football were, but we won it.

Which is why I said that I'm not expecting the team to pull it off. In these types of tournaments, all you need is one bad game, or even one unlucky injury or suspension, and you go out. I think most people agree that throughout the tournament, Germany were superior to Spain last year, but we all know who won.

Then there is also the fact that other countries might produce even better players than us. Germany has a great number of talents and consequently have lots of options, but we all know that is quality, not quantity, that counts. In the end, we still can't play more than 11 players. If a country produces 11 extraordinary players but has below-average subs, they are still likely to beat a team with a strong bench if all their players are available. A lot can happen until 2018, but looking at it logically, we should have a team to keep seriously contending every time until then.

quaazi wrote:Has anyone even won back-to-back World Cups?

I don't think so, no. I don't think anyone has ever won back-to-back European Championships either. I didn't check this so I might be incorrect though
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:16 pm

quaazi wrote:Has anyone even won back-to-back World Cups?

Italy 1934-1938
Brazil 1958-1962
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Previous

Return to German National Team