You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-08] Germany vs Azerbaijan

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Azerbaijan will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2017-10-08] Germany vs Azerbaijan

Postby Lukas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:25 pm

How chaotic was that goal? You can tell this game means nothing. "Testspiel" Germany have turned up.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Also Brandt is a total joke everytime I've seen him play.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Lukas wrote:How chaotic was that goal? You can tell this game means nothing. "Testspiel" Germany have turned up.

There is a record to play for buddy. One has already been screwed up (not conceding any goal at home during the entire WC qualifying). I don’t want the perfect win record to be lost at home against Azerbaijan of all nations!

As I type this Sane misses a sitter.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 pm

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:How chaotic was that goal? You can tell this game means nothing. "Testspiel" Germany have turned up.

There is a record to play for buddy. One has already been screwed up (not conceding any goal at home during the entire WC qualifying). I don’t want the perfect win record to be lost at home against Azerbaijan of all nations!

As I type this Sane misses a sitter.

Also the only team to win every WC qualifying match (I assume just in Europe but they didn't say) was Spain in the 2010 qualifiers. Now I don't believe in superstition but...(alright I do believe in it when it comes to football :mrgreen: )
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Muller is unlucky to not have like 3 assists today :lol:
shpati_L1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Edit:
3-1 Rüdiger.

Edit 2:
4-1 Goretzka. :D :D :D

And the GOAT Kimmich is now the captain.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:36 pm

The goal conceded is totally Leno’s fault. Any top class GK Lloris, De Gea, even Ter Stegan would have stopped that. Even a 38 year old Buffon would have done better. As I had said yesterday as soon as Isiah posted that Löw said Leno was gonna start, I knew there would be no clean sheet. Leno shouldn’t even be third choice, I’d give Trapp a run instead of Leno.

Anyway good thing Germany could make it 10/10. Now let’s hope Die Mannschaft can finish this year undefeated. Two friendly games in November I think. One is England away. Let’s hope the team can build as much momentum and confidence before the WC.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Also Brandt is a total joke everytime I've seen him play.

If Bayern don't get Brandt for 12.5m, I can just predict Leipzig getting him. For a couple of weeks, everyone will laugh at Leipzig for signing that failed talent who ruins all chances; half a year later with Brandt training in a functional team and under a decent coach, everyone's yammering what a terrible mistake it was not to sign him, and yet another season later he'll be out of Bayern's reach because of the price tag, and everyone will go on about how incomprehensible it is that Leipzig keep getting stupid bargains left and right. Just like with Timo Werner.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm

^ I get your point but he was poor today, wasn’t he? He still has potential though
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:50 pm

RedQueen wrote:

If Bayern don't get Brandt for 12.5m, I can just predict Leipzig getting him. For a couple of weeks, everyone will laugh at Leipzig for signing that failed talent who ruins all chances; half a year later with Brandt training in a functional team and under a decent coach, everyone's yammering what a terrible mistake it was not to sign him, and yet another season later he'll be out of Bayern's reach because of the price tag, and everyone will go on about how incomprehensible it is that Leipzig keep getting stupid bargains left and right. Just like with Timo Werner.

We will find out soon. I would love for Bayern to sign a player with "great potential" for 12.5m who turns out to be a solution for our wing problems but at the moment I'm just not seeing it. Every time I've seen Brandt play he has been totally mediocre, that's all I'm saying.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:42 am

Lów's work with the NT is simply outstanding

It doesn´t matter who´s playing, the team will always be competitive and play good football. Players are always motivated and the team has very good chemistry´

A lot of tactical variations and approaches. Can't believe that Löw and Carlo Ancelotti share the same profession :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:07 am

RedQueen wrote:

Now that you mentioned RBL I got the feeling that even if we go for him and he knows that Leipzig are after him he will chose them over us....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Lów's work with the NT is simply outstanding

It doesn´t matter who´s playing, the team will always be competitive and play good football. Players are always motivated and the team has very good chemistry´

A lot of tactical variations and approaches. Can't believe that Löw and Carlo Ancelotti share the same profession :shock:

I agree. Don't know why I doubted him a few years ago.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

RedQueen wrote:

I agree that "training in a functional team and under a decent coach", Brandt will improve. What I disagree with is the scale of his improvement: my opinion is that, given his lack of speed (which is not something he could improve, contrary to technical skills), he will never be a top player worthy of replacing Robbery. A winger absolutely needs to be fast, and with Thiago/Mueller/James there'd be no place for him in a central attacking midfield position.

Therefore, if we were to get him, I think he'd just end up rotting on the bench and then leaving a couple of seasons later for a small fee. We've had so many cases of young, bargain German signings (Schlaudraff, Kirchhoff, Petersen, Baumjohann, Rode to name but a few) going through this exact process that I find it hard to believe Brandt wouldn't follow such route.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:

Now that you mentioned RBL I got the feeling that even if we go for him and he knows that Leipzig are after him he will chose them over us....

Especially if Forsberg leaves, and we extend Rib and Rob for yet another year. Read they were after him when he was 17 and still in Wolfsburg. And with Kampl already there. They'll be another competitor for that age bracket of players, in addition to Dortmund.

@Mutu:
You're seriously comparing Brandt with Rode and Kirchhoff? When were Rode and Kirchhoff ever in the discussion of being top talents? Brandt is still rated one of the top talents on goalimpact.

Every time I read "when I've seen Brandt play he was always mediocre" I wonder how many games you guys have actually seen him play, because I saw almost every Leverkusen game in the last three years, and Brandt had many amazing games.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team