You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-02] Germany vs Austria

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Austria will win
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: [2011-09-02] Germany vs Austria

Postby AvatarX » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 pm

We are the first team qualifying for Euro 2012 with 2 more games to spare and 9 month to experiment :D

Great run !
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I'd love to see this one day

-------------Schürrle--------------
Götze----------Özil---------Müller
--------Schweini----Khedira------

=P~

and I think that day is not too far...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 pm

So I was off watching my own NT's game (we beat Slovenia, yay!), can anyone give me a quick recap on what the hell happened here?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 pm

OEZIL WAS A LEGEND , 3 goals , and always dangerous

Mueller with 3 assists , and sick movements and Dribbling and passing and all

OZil + Mueller = Best Counter Attack that has existed since the invention of the game,
little run , 3 touches and the ball is in the goal even though it should ahve been in ours

, No Doubt about that , dont believe me . ask ENGLAND :P

Podolski was Good too and had some good shots

Loved Schurrles and Goetzes Goals (goetzes goal was beautiful )

When Schurrle came in , i todl my father( he was thinking that the match is boring with no highlights after 4-2 ), we will score a goal and Schurrle will score it , because he always scores when he Enters the Match for Podolski !!!

Schurrle is Germany' s Future Striker , He is more effective and fits the tactics more than Gomez

Boateng as RB is not Great , but way better than Hoewdes (did a great dribble with great shot ,but GK saved it)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MilanFan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 am

Germany > The world

Germany I think are better than Barca, love to see that game

That team is insanely good and all young

If thye dont win Euro ill be amazed
MilanFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:52 am

I agree with MilanFan. We were a bit weak in defense yesterday, but I now honestly believe that Germany is better than any other team in the world on the international level, while on club level very few teams (Real and Barca) are about the same quality as Germany. I keep saying it after almost every German NT game, but it's the style of football we play that sets us apart from the rest, and not only the quality of the players (although we do have loads of great players right now). It's the same story as Barca and Spain in recent years. They have world-class players, no doubt, but so do other teams. They keep winning because they play their system perfectly.

All Germany are lacking is international trophies. Goetze, Ozil and Muller have the potential to be remembered as the best trio in history till today. Better than Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, better than Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. They just need to win a couple of trophies to prove it, and they're all still very far from their peak. WC 2018 is where we'll see what they're truly made of
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 am

MilanFan wrote:Germany I think are better than Barca, love to see that game

That would be a very interesting game.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree with MilanFan. We were a bit weak in defense yesterday, but I now honestly believe that Germany is better than any other team in the world on the international level, while on club level very few teams (Real and Barca) are about the same quality as Germany. I keep saying it after almost every German NT game, but it's the style of football we play that sets us apart from the rest, and not only the quality of the players (although we do have loads of great players right now). It's the same story as Barca and Spain in recent years. They have world-class players, no doubt, but so do other teams. They keep winning because they play their system perfectly.

Really, I hope one day we could play with FCB the same tactics. Also I hope that when we face Spain in Euro we want have this mental block and perform the same intelligent football..
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:20 am

Well I took a gander at the highlights, so I can comment on the goals a bit.

The attack looks incredibly dangerous, but I can't see a reason to keep Podolski in, to be honest. His goal was pretty easy, the Austrian goalkeeper had a pretty poor performance overall. Schürrle should really be the man on the left wing. Götze... seems to be a great impact sub, because he is not going to dethrone Özil after all. I would very much like to see the ümläüt attacking midfield, but that means one of the three would be playing quite out of position.

And the defense. At first look, both of those goals seemed Badstuber's fault, but then you see that he was plain overwhelmed by that Austrian attack due to lack of support from the midfield. I guess that's one of the hazards of playing Kroos as CM. Kroos did not follow his marking of the Austrian player during the first goal, so Badstuber had little chance to win that header. And the second goal Hummels moved high up to stop play, leaving a gap in the defensive line that the player he was supposed to mark could exploit. Again, seems like a midfield problem because Hummels shouldn't have been the one to close down in the first place.

I guess right now Germany has a dilemma of either playing like Germany or Brazil - grinding out wins or outscoring your opponent. And with the very attack-minded formations Löw has been using (Kroos and Götze being the stand-ins for Khedira), it looks like latter is his plan. It is definitely exciting to watch, and with all the firepower up front it just might work too.

However, he should be very concerned that Germany has let in 4 goals in the last 2 games. Löw really needs to stop dicking around with the defense and settle on a pair that he'll take into the EUROs. Träsch and Höwedes are not rightbacks, this is the first important thing he needs to realize. Hummels doesn't play that well for the NT as he does for Dortmund, which could be slightly problematic.

So right now, I'd like this formation:

----------------Neuer------------------
Boateng-Hummels-Badstuber-Lahm
---------Schweini-----Kroos----------
---Müller------Özil------Schürrle-----
----------------Klose-------------------

Future changes could be Boateng at CB at either Hummels' or Badstubers' expense, Beck (or a yet unknown RB) at RB, Götze in for Klose and Schürrle as the striker. Podolski and Höwedes need to be dropped, simple as that. Gomez... I can't see him fitting into that system too well, but if he starts scoring like insane for us again, Löw could have no choice. With him on the pitch, either Götze or Schürrle could not play, which would kinda suck.

Which would mean that for the EUROs, the line-up should look like this, not taking into account some revelations that might happen between today and then:

Beck-Boateng-Humm/Holger-Lahm
------Schweini---Kroos/Khedira-----
---Müller------Özil------Götze--------
-----------Schürrle/Gomez-----------

With the bench being (with the first options in that lineup): Adler, Badstuber, Höwedes, Khedira, Bender, Klose, Gomez. Also, the ümläüt attacking midfield needs to be very fluid, so their positions would be interchangeable all the time.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:19 am

I saw the highlights and now I am disappointed I missed the match. 8 goals, and each one of them is really good.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:47 am

Özil was in a class of his own but Müller was on fire. I saw some of the best assists from him lately. He is getting back on track fast.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm

quaazi wrote:Which would mean that for the EUROs, the line-up should look like this, not taking into account some revelations that might happen between today and then:

Beck-Boateng-Humm/Holger-Lahm
------Schweini---Kroos/Khedira-----
---Müller------Özil------Götze--------
-----------Schürrle/Gomez-----------

With the bench being (with the first options in that lineup): Adler, Badstuber, Höwedes, Khedira, Bender, Klose, Gomez. Also, the ümläüt attacking midfield needs to be very fluid, so their positions would be interchangeable all the time.

I agree with that but I'd say that Gomez doesn't fit in this team. Klose performs much better because he scores, assists and gets involved in our playing. So it should be Schürrle/Klose IMO
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 pm

I agree about Gomez, like I said, but if he scores for us, Löw just has no option but to use him. As for Klose... I'm not sure he'll be as good in under a year from now.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:09 pm

quaazi wrote:but I can't see a reason to keep Podolski in, to be honest.

Apart from his goal, he had a lot of great shots and he was always involved in build up play, playing 1-2 with Lahm and Oezil. Also he always returned and help in marking a lot. He played a really good game. If you see the whole match and not only highlights you'll see that.

In general I like Schürrle's effectiveness (although that particular goal would have been scored by Muller anyway), but I think he needs to help in defense more if he plays as LAM.
It's good thing that we have so many good players in AM so we have many choices there.

quaazi wrote:And the defense. At first look, both of those goals seemed Badstuber's fault, but then you see that he was plain overwhelmed by that Austrian attack due to lack of support from the midfield. I guess that's one of the hazards of playing Kroos as CM.

Having Kroos/Schweini as a duo in CDM/CM, has that disadvantage. Although Kroos has obviously worked in his tackling skills, I would prefer Khedira there against more difficult teams.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:47 pm

BTW I think Loew deserves a lot of credit for this great football Germany NT is producing. It's not only the perfect wins (8 wins in 8 matches netting 28 goals), it's the kind of football we are playing, especially from WC2010 and on.

No more Barca/Spain copycat. Something new, with a very good mixture of possession, power, creativity, quick 1-2 passes, killer counter attacks. Simple, intelligent, effective yet great to watch football.

I know that we have a lot of great young players (and maybe that many of you don't like Loew's choices at times), but you have to give him a lot of credit for the tactical brilliance he shows in the pitch. He seem to manage to take all the good parts of Bayern, Dortmund and Oezil, mix them with some other players and create something new, great and enjoyable to watch. Really, I watch Germany NT games from 82, and I have to admit that this team has the dynamics to be the best one by far.

Klose said (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matche ... index.html):

"You don't even know the half of it, you don't see all of our training sessions; the dynamism and joy we have playing football. The coach's role in this is huge. He has developed this team and this way of playing through training. It is the best Germany side I have ever played in, that much is for sure."

And I agree. It is the best Germany side I've seen at least from 96. The only thing missing is a trophy and I truly hope that they will win it, cause they deserve it.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:26 pm

For some reason, the German NT always reminds me of children and school. School involves work, and many children complain about it, but you can also have fun there and many adults will tell you it is the best time of their lives.

During summer vacation, you wouldn't be hanging out with everyone from school, just a select few, so when you go back, there are some people which you haven't seen for some time. You were parts of different groups during the summer but now are part of the same group again. In the same way, the NT players train in different clubs (some at Bayern, some at Dortmund etc.) but when they go back to the NT, they forget the rivalries between them, act like best buddies and have a lot of fun together. I have always thought that this was a problem with the English NT. They don't seem to play well together, because of the tension between clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Probably what made me look at it this way was Muller's comment before the first game after WC 2010, when he said that he's looking forward to it and it will be a lot of fun because a lot of them haven't seen each other since coming back from South Africa. Even Neuer showed this. There was all that Schalke-Bayern BS by the media because of his transfer, but he just said that he is already friends with many players from Bayern thanks to the NT.

It's one big happy family. I am not German, nor is anyone related to me German, but the German NT is a joy to watch, even more than Bayern.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team