You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-25] Germany vs Australia

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Germany will win
79%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Australia will win
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2015-03-25] Germany vs Australia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 pm

RedQueen wrote:Poldi, of all people!! :lol: :lol:

Did I understood well? Is he now with the same goal tally as Voeller and Klinsi?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 pm

I think so. I think the German commentator said only G. Müller and Klose are ahead of him.

LOL. Almost the 2nd.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RB624 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 pm

I got to see the second half.
The last match I'd seen was El Clasico.
I almost can't believe that Germany and Australia were playing the same sport as Barcelona and Madrid :(
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Well, no one was rolling around the floor as if he was mortally assassinated by a slight touch in today's game.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 am

Don't forget that Podolski is the third most capped player ever for Germany. A thank you to Loew would've been nice.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Badger » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:13 pm

I really liked Loew’s stance in this game. He started with a team of new, peripheral and returning players. At 1-1, he brought on Rudy. At 2-1 down, he brought on Kramer, Schurrle, Podolski and Kruse, leaving the World Cup big guns like Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Mueller, Boateng and Hummels on the bench, even at the risk of an embarrassing loss to a much lower ranked nation. That was what friendlies (German Testspiele literally “test games”) are for. He gave players their chance, come what may. On a poor night for Germany, Loew’s stance will remain in my memory for a long, long time.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Badger wrote:I really liked Loew’s stance in this game. He started with a team of new, peripheral and returning players. At 1-1, he brought on Rudy. At 2-1 down, he brought on Kramer, Schurrle, Podolski and Kruse, leaving the World Cup big guns like Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Mueller, Boateng and Hummels on the bench, even at the risk of an embarrassing loss to a much lower ranked nation. That was what friendlies (German Testspiele literally “test games”) are for. He gave players their chance, come what may. On a poor night for Germany, Loew’s stance will remain in my memory for a long, long time.

Loew should be thankful that he lived in times when this was possible since the plan is for the UEFA Nations League to replace all friendlies in 2018 and Germany will be in the top group meaning that all games will be against top European guns so there won't be opportunities like this, at that point I can only see scrimmages against local teams the way to experiment.

As many I consider this type of friendly close to useless. The lessons learned here: that 3 on the back is high risk (like it is for Bayern), that Zieler is not NT material, that Germany is struggling to find reliable fullbacks (wingbacks in the 3 on the back system), that Podolski can score if you give him balls in giftwrap, and so on, most of us knew them before this game and we are all outsiders.

Now Germany goes on the play an almost useless qualifier because with the current format half of the team in each group qualifies for the EURO, I can't wait for this insanity to end.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby RB624 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Jorge wrote:

Loew should be thankful that he lived in times when this was possible since the plan is for the UEFA Nations League to replace all friendlies in 2018...

Nations League will actually replace Euro qualifiers in fall 2018. And there will still be friendlies, especially for Germany, as League A's groups will only have three teams. That means four matches against two good-to-great European teams. Two matches in one week (Sat/Sun and Tue/Wed) in September and two matches in another week in October or November.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Jorge wrote:As many I consider this type of friendly close to useless. The lessons learned here: that 3 on the back is high risk (like it is for Bayern), that Zieler is not NT material, that Germany is struggling to find reliable fullbacks (wingbacks in the 3 on the back system), that Podolski can score if you give him balls in giftwrap, and so on, most of us knew them before this game and we are all outsiders.

We don't know what else Löw learned from this game.

And unfortunately we cannot clone Neuer. NT material is everyone who is the 2nd and 3rd best keeper with a German passport. Ter Stegen, Leno, Trapp etc. had their fair share of gaffes this season, too.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Reinhart » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:34 pm

RB624 wrote:Nations League will actually replace Euro qualifiers in fall 2018.

Actually, Euro qualifiers will still be taking place like usual. The Nations League is another opportunity for countries who didn't qualify the usual route to have another chance at making it to the Euro championships through playoffs in March 2020.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby RB624 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Reinhart wrote:
RB624 wrote:Nations League will actually replace Euro qualifiers in fall 2018.

Actually, Euro qualifiers will still be taking place like usual. The Nations League is another opportunity for countries who didn't qualify the usual route to have another chance at making it to the Euro championships through playoffs in March 2020.

The qualifiers will still take place, but they will not start when they usually do, which is in the fall after the World Cup. Instead that time will be reserved for Nations League and friendlies. The Euro qualifiers are being pushed back and will start in March 2019 and finish in November 2019.

Look under UEFA Nations League>European Qualifiers for UEFA Euro 2020:

http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/media ... 91279.html
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to German National Team