You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-25] Germany vs Australia

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Germany will win
79%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Australia will win
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2015-03-25] Germany vs Australia

Postby runaway » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Not sure if he's injured but I haven't seen him in BVB games for quite a while. Klopp prefers to put Kirch instead. Bender boys missed out because Klopp likes to call up Khedira and of course the automatic choices of Fussballgott then Kroos. No space for either or both.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:04 pm

The Benders are out of fashion lately. The Dortmund Bender has been a real liability for them.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:05 am

runaway wrote:Not sure if he's injured but I haven't seen him in BVB games for quite a while. Klopp prefers to put Kirch instead. Bender boys missed out because Klopp likes to call up Khedira and of course the automatic choices of Fussballgott then Kroos. No space for either or both.

Klopp, Khedira, Fussballgott and Kroos? You're mixing up Klopp and Löw, I suppose? There's a reason he calls up Khedira and Fussballgott. Khedira isn't the most technically gifted but he knows how to push the game and the team forward.

Durm was a disaster in the Euro qualifiers, and hasn't been much better with Dortmund either.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:05 am

1: The Benders are to often injured..
2: Durm.. just lol...
Ottomeister13

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 am

Durm is pants. Loew is still not trying out new fullbacks except hector. Rudy is piss poor..
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby RB624 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:01 pm

I thought Durm looked good against Scotland and Ireland. I didn't see the match against Poland, but nothing I read suggested he played poorly. Well, anyway I think he's good, and NO, I'm not his cousin or something :)

But what about Schmelzer? He's hurt now I see, but has he fallen out of favor too?
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:02 pm

"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 pm

RB624 wrote:I thought Durm looked good against Scotland and Ireland. I didn't see the match against Poland, but nothing I read suggested he played poorly. Well, anyway I think he's good, and NO, I'm not his cousin or something :)

But what about Schmelzer? He's hurt now I see, but has he fallen out of favor too?

You seen Dortmunds defense this year? There is your answer ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:22 pm

RB624 wrote:I thought Durm looked good against Scotland and Ireland. I didn't see the match against Poland, but nothing I read suggested he played poorly.

That's because everyone was all over Neuer who missed that header when coming out of goal. That it was Durm who stupidly played the ball right to a Pole instead of simply back passing to Neuer, and set up the chance on a silver platter, passed totally unnoticed.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Can is being reserved for the U21 like Stegen.

And I seriously don't think Hector would play immediately. He's probably called up so Loew can get a sense on him in training and maybe given a few minutes. Although Howedes isn't a great choice for that LB either. I hope that nightmare won't be insisted.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:33 pm

Löw was in ZDF Sportstudio last night and when asked about planned tactics, he was swooning about Chile's three CB defense. Apparently the DFB have been spending a lot of time scouting Chile, and are quite taken with it. So don't be surprised if you see that experiment against Australia, and Badstuber as LCB.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:44 pm

"Chile" is Bavaria now? :coffee:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Well, I'm not following Chile but from what I gathered it's not about the 3 CB per se but the way they are employing it. He wasn't very specific, aside of saying that it wasn't a rigid 3 CB system. He said they want more flexibility. If it was only about Bayern, they wouldn't need to fly to Chile for scouting.

E: He got a lot of applause for explaining why he's sticking with Poldi, too.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:12 pm

They have a 3412. With the FBs providing width. And they have proper wingbacks like Isla not makeshift ones. They're coach, Sampaoli is a Bielsa discple so as one would expect, heavily attack minded.

They use a false 9. With both Sanchez and Vargas running into spaces and the no 10 moving into the center. In defense, they press high, insanely high more than Bayern. Their front line presses the opponent's centerbacks by numbers. As we have seen with Germany vs Chile. Their attack starts from the wings and gravitates to the middle with Sanchez cutting inside.

It's definitely an interesting system that has similarities with Bayern already. The big point to me is, Germany doesn't have a wingbacks who can either help in attack then defend on the other end. And we got players like Oezil and Kroos who can't be bothered in a high intensity pressing game.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:17 pm

runaway wrote:They have a 3412.

Interesting. He said earlier that they are considering playing two strikers, too.
The big point to me is, Germany doesn't have a wingbacks who can either help in attack then defend on the other end.

Yes, that's gonna be the problem. Will be interesting how they'll try to deal with it.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team