You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-07-03] Germany vs Argentina (WC2010)

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Which Team Will Pass To The Next Round?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 am

Germany
100%
Argentina
No votes

Total votes : 23

[2010-07-03] Germany vs Argentina (WC2010)

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 am

World Cup 1986 Final: W.Germany - Argentina: 2-3
World Cup 1990 Final: W.Germany - Argentina: 1-0
World Cup 2006 Quarter-Finals : Germany - Argentina: 1 – 1 (a.e.t. - Klose and Ayala the 2 scorers), 4-2 on penalties.

World Cup 2010 Quarter-Finals : Germany - Argentina ????

A real class of the titans match. Two totally different types of teams - two totally different types of football against each other.
A match that anyone who likes football is waiting eagerly to watch, when a new world cup starts.

The 1986 final was the first WC final I saw and cheered for German NT.
Sadly we lose then but 4 years later Diego Maradona left the stadium crying while Matthäus, Klinsmann, Brehme and co. lift our 3rd World Cup trophy.

In 2006 after a thriller match Germany passed to semis.
4 years later we meet again in the QF. I hope that after 20 years Diego will leave the stadium crying again.

Go Germany!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2010-07-03] Germany vs Argentina (WC2010)

Postby dambun » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 pm

My vote goes to Germany :D

Argentina are a much better team than England... but It's an easier match, mentally, for our young team, IMO.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:07 pm

They beat us in the friendly but they were not that impressive imho.

Both teams have improved a LOT since that friendly and i think its going to be extremely close but Germany will definitely win if Mertesacker and Neuer have a decent-good game.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 pm

This will be a really good and tough match for us.
It really goes without saying that if we can keep a clean sheet, we'll win.
It will be hard though as they have one of the best offenses in this World Cup alongside Germany.
I think that if Germany can beat this Argentina team, Germany can go on to win this World Cup.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Argentina's offense is Amazing

But Their Midfield and Defense are Vulnerable , and you dont have to be a legend to score against them

in this game , we will need The Schweinsteiger of Juventus

If Schweinsteiger Passes this test , i can Safely say that Schweinsteiger joined The Elite of The Elite (Messi , Ronaldo , Xavi , Gerrard , Rooney , Robben , Ribery .........)

Schweinsteiger vs Messi would be lovely

Messi is a Dribbler from Hell

And Schweinsteiger Cant Be Dribbled out in a humiliating Way

So this is going to be the clash of the Titans
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby floriangoetz87 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 pm

It's going to be a tough match for Germany, but we have the tools to beat Argentina.
With the right mix of experienc and youth, we can go through to the final.
If we can some how manage Messi, and their offence we can see this match through.
floriangoetz87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm

I think it will be a terrific match as well. It'll either be high scoring (3-2 or something like that) or else a really close game with very few goals and possibly penalties. I think the high scoring is more likely. Both teams have an amazing instinct for goal, both teams are vulnerable in defense. Although at this stage, determination can do miracles, which is why I'm considering the possibility of a goalless draw.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:46 pm

floriangoetz87 wrote:If we can some how manage Messi, and their offence we can see this match through.

We know that if they can get past Schweini and Khedira, they will be hard to stop. We have Lahm, and possibly Friedrich or Neuer, but our defense isn't remarkable. The best way to counter their offence is to give them an EQUALLY STRONG offense. Kinda like what Bremen does. Concede 3, but score 4.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Paul die Krake show that Germany will beat argentina
Image :D :D
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Good news :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

1986: Argentina plays with home jersey and defeats Germany
1990: Germany plays with home jersey and defeats Argentina
2006: Germany plays with home jersey and defeats Argentina
2010: Argentina plays with home jeresey and defeats Germany (Allianz Arena friendly)
2010: Germany plays with AWAY jersey :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MunchenFC » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 am

YlonenXabi wrote:1986: Argentina plays with home jersey and defeats Germany
1990: Germany plays with home jersey and defeats Argentina
2006: Germany plays with home jersey and defeats Argentina
2010: Argentina plays with home jeresey and defeats Germany (Allianz Arena friendly)
2010: Germany plays with AWAY jersey :|

Come on, this does not matter at all.
There was also a similar statistic for the Champions League final and that proved not to matter as the team wearing the away jersey won.
Also no two finalist had got out in the group stage and no host nation that didn't advance but those happened and that's every World Cup, not just five measly meetings.
This game will be played on the field in South Africa, not in silly superstitions minds!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Psychaz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Germany should just get one player to mark Messi and follow him everywhere, Greece stopped him well against them by doing this, but Germany should just attack and attack, Argentina defense is average, and get balls into the box by getting the ball wide, Mexico failed to get in behind the Argentina defense and looked toothless but they did not try to get the ball wide much, Klose is fantastic in the air just get the crosses in.
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pavlos21 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Psychaz wrote:Germany should just get one player to mark Messi and follow him everywhere, Greece stopped him well against them by doing this, but Germany should just attack and attack, Argentina defense is average, and get balls into the box by getting the ball wide, Mexico failed to get in behind the Argentina defense and looked toothless but they did not try to get the ball wide much, Klose is fantastic in the air just get the crosses in.

good point.this is the reason that maradona was furious with the greeks cause they simply found a way to mark messi and exposed the way to do it to the others.

but i dont think that germany has a defender with the class and speed of the greek papastathopoulos except our great lahm for sure but he cant get this role cause he has vital role in attack.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Element wrote:Argentina's offense is Amazing

But Their Midfield and Defense are Vulnerable , and you dont have to be a legend to score against them

in this game , we will need The Schweinsteiger of Juventus

If Schweinsteiger Passes this test , i can Safely say that Schweinsteiger joined The Elite of The Elite (Messi , Ronaldo , Xavi , Gerrard , Rooney , Robben , Ribery .........)

Schweinsteiger vs Messi would be lovely

Messi is a Dribbler from Hell

And Schweinsteiger Cant Be Dribbled out in a humiliating Way

So this is going to be the clash of the Titans
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Next

Return to German National Team